Would you like to see an Alien Special Edition?

Started by predxeno, Apr 24, 2011, 09:25:47 PM

Would you like to see an Alien Special Edition?

Yes
19 (79.2%)
No
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author
Would you like to see an Alien Special Edition? (Read 3,074 times)

predxeno

An Alien Special Edition would be a complete version of the film with all deleted scenes reinserted back into the film regardless of how it affects the pacing of the film.  I choose Yes.

SiL

Got one. Seen it. Love it. Wouldn't recommend it for anyone but a die-hard.

predxeno

Where'd you get it?

SiL

Someone online sent me a copy.

... which I still need to pass along to SM along with a heap of other stuff. Eep.

predxeno

How did he get a copy?  I guess it's been re-edited by one of the fans, right?  I'd be interested in finding someone who has one and is willing to give it away.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Apr 24, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
Someone online sent me a copy.

... which I still need to pass along to SM along with a heap of other stuff. Eep.

'ken oath!

*Says he sneaking off to find his copy of the Alien3 WP to send to SiL*

predxeno

Quote from: SM on Apr 25, 2011, 04:32:12 AM
*Says he sneaking off to find his copy of the Alien3 WP to send to SiL*

What's that?

Sharp Sticks

AlienĀ³ Workprint, dearest.

predxeno

SM

Alien3 Workprint.

I did a write up

predxeno

Where can I get this "Workprint"?

Valaquen

Quote from: SiL on Apr 24, 2011, 09:28:55 PM
Got one. Seen it. Love it. Wouldn't recommend it for anyone but a die-hard.
WANT!

StrangeShape

In 99% of the cases I always miss all the deleted scenes in movies. Same goes for Alien. I just recently rewatched the deleted scenes and it was only the second time ever I saw them, and the scenes of them talking right before going after the chestburster and then after Dallas gets killed are just so immersive, powerful and incredibly real. I actually forgot I was watching a movie and got really spooked watching them. Thats the power of Alien and how it can create a certain feel and evoke fear

Gieferg

I have an extended edition DVD which I've assembled.
It is basically theatrical cut with all Dir Cut's additions and three deleted scenes which were available in good quality:

'Kane's Condition' (2mins)
'Repairs Interrupted' (2mins)
'Ripley And Lambert' (2mins)

Runtime is 120 minutes (PAL, so it would be something like  125 minutes in NTSC).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed