Your perfect Alien Design

Started by AlexTommo, Oct 07, 2010, 03:55:46 PM

Author
Your perfect Alien Design (Read 7,685 times)

AlexTommo

AlexTommo

What would be your ideal Alien design if you could take elements of each Xenomorph from the Alien/Aliens Vs Predator franchises?

For me I'd have-

Design: Biomechanical
Head: AVP Dome
Shoulders: Aliens
Arms: Aliens
Torso: Aliens Exoskeleton
Dorsal Tubes: Alien
Legs: Alien Resurrection triple jointed.
Tail: AVP (Not ridiculously long but long enough to be effective)

Huol

Huol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Very interesting thread, compliments.

I had in mind a design for quite of a time. It has the Alien: Resurrection face and jaws that continues in a more streamlined version of the classic Alien head (the inside detail system is the Giger design with the ridges sculpted, then when the Alien ages the dome hardens and those are uncovered) - with a particular addition that would be those angled tubes that old cars have, that spread directly under the main side tube of the head. The neck is the Aliens one with a new cable (think of those used in showers) that starts on the lower jaw, from the chin, and ends at the base of the neck. The body is pretty much the Alien design with the ribs of the Alien: Resurrection design. The shoulder pads are the classic ones, with the border segmented like Giger's first Alien3 design. The back has the headrest and the classic back tubes, only a bit longer and more in the shape of those seen in Alien: Resurrection, but still with the Biomechanical details. The arms are the originals, only slightly longer; the hands are, again, pretty much a cross between Alien and Alien: Resurrection - they have opposite thumbs and 4 long fingers fused in pairs, a bit shorter than those of the Alien: Resurrection design; each finger ends in a claw . The legs are the originals, the feet instead are digitigrade and have 6 fingers, and follow pretty much the skeletal structure of a stretched human foot (in order to reach the lenght of the last segment of the Resurrection legs. The longer toe is the middle one, and the first one is vestigial;  each toe ends in a Eagle like claw. The tail is  a slightly longer version of the Alien: Resurrection.

Sorry for eventual incomprehensions, it's a bit hard to transfer in words what I have in mind. Put simply it is a cross between the first Alien and the Resurrection Alien - with some custom details.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

samoht

samoht

Quote from: Huol on Oct 07, 2010, 05:16:16 PM

^ This.
It is the best. But maybe with a bit of ALIENS in its body.

To make this thread even more interesting, I reckon if people want to, then they should get on photoshop and actually try and create their ideal alien using photo's of different aliens or something.

SM

SM

No need.

Alexa can't be beat.

Xhan

Xhan

o rly?

samoht

samoht

Oh great, the thread has already been raped.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Giger's masterpiece. Maybe with the Aliens hands.

Kel G 426

Kel G 426

Purists may bemoan the lack of a dome or a sixth finger, but for me, this cover art by Den Beauvais nails it:

samoht

samoht

Quote from: kelgaard on Oct 09, 2010, 03:05:01 AM
Purists may bemoan the lack of a dome or a sixth finger, but for me, this cover art by Den Beauvais nails it:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/albums/literature/aliencomics/normal_comic047.jpg

Thats awesome. But I guess I am what you would call a purist.

For me the extra thumb is necessary. It may be a small feature but it makes the creature more perfect and more alien.

I prefer a dome, but I like the idea that the dome falls off when the adult is fully matured or whatever.

The cover art you show would be great for ALIENS.

First Blood

First Blood

I find the Alien with the skull face to be truly scary.

samoht

samoht

Quote from: First Blood on Oct 09, 2010, 03:37:49 AM
I find the Alien with the skull face to be truly scary.

http://geektyrant.com/storage/post-images/alien-concept-skull-translucent_cowl.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266623971592

It would be cool to have a movie where a domed alien had just shed its dome and was yet to have its face flatten out and get darker. So essentially we see the alien with a lighter coloured skull faced head for a short while of the film. And at the end it could have developed into a xeno as seen in ALIENS.

Vitriol

Vitriol

Giger's original, but with a pelvis and an opaque dome. Plus the inner-jaw from Alien3.

Sylizar

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed