Your version of Alien 3

Started by xeno_alpha_07, Jun 13, 2007, 06:21:20 PM

Author
Your version of Alien 3 (Read 1,770 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

After reading the Re-jected Alien 3 scripts and the like it made me wonder.  If it was up to you to write a version of Alien 3 what would your Alien concepts be? What would your story be about etc?  would you have Ripley Alive at the end? or not in it at all?

War Wager

War Wager

I didnt mind it being set in a prison, there only being one Alien and Ripley dying at the end, but if it was up to me, I would have had Newt and Hicks survive through most of the movie.

Irritator

Irritator

I like the idea of Ripley landing in a kind of space monastery better. Maybe the wooden planet bit is over the top, but seriously, 'rapists, murderers and child molestors' don't make the best protagonists for an Alien movie.

Hicks and Newt surviving the crash woule be also much better I think, what if maybe Hicks was mutilated, for example lost an arm or leg, and later on that could be a source of major problems. Hicks would be quite immoblizied for the most of the movie. Looking at it again though, he was already in quite a bad state at the end of 'Aliens'. Also, I think there could be interesting differences and conflicts between peace-loving monks and the soldier (and Ripley, too), different mentalities, approach to the alien problem, etc.

Ripley dying and sacrificing herself at the end is a great ending I think, don't know about Hicks, but I would like to leave Newt alive, as "the promise of new life contained in each death" as Dillon has put it. By the way, the scene of the cremation/alien being born is one of the most beautiful in the whole saga. That's my favourite moment in Fincher's movie. If I could, I'd leave it intact.

I also think that one of the earlier ideas of killing the Alien, I mean drowning it in liquid glass (the monks could be some kind of artistic glass crafters, dunno) would also be more interesting. Imagine the glass after hardening, and the Alien trapped inside, like a mosquito in the amber...

The whole running/closing door scene is too B-movie for me to leave, I don't like this scene and it fits better a Jurassic Park kinda adventure-thriller movie, not a grime, dark horror that the Alien should be.

As for the audiovisual side, this is one of the greatest assets of Alien 3 and I don't think we need to change this. That's all the changes I'd make, for now.

Alien5

Alien5

I liked alien 3 and I think it was an awesome movie. Of course there could be a few changes but aside from that it was good. If I had to create my own it would have been similar to what Alien 3 ended up being, however, like most of the fans, I would have wanted Newt and Hicks to still be alive, at least for a brief amount of time. Then again without them dying I don't think the movie would have had it's overall emotional impact. It could have been cool to maybe have had the situation take place in a ship that was taking Ripley and crew back to a space station above earth, which would then lead to a possiblity of the queen hitching a ride down to earth and have a whole T-REX in the city situation.

Nightmare

Nightmare

i like the movie, i just wold have shown the queen hugger, and make a better bursting at the end scene, also some scenes form the special version would be good.

it would be intresting to see vincent ward(?) version, maybe someone makes a fan film with that script?

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

...maybe someone makes a fan film with that script?

I've known many people try to make a fan film of the Vincent Ward script.  And non of them have. What would be the point anyways.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I actually wrote a script 79 pages long on this topic. Bishop gets a digital breakdown, a fever, on the way home, so A3 and A4 are fever dreams.Ripley adopts Newt, but she has difficulties in life (in school, she always draws aliens, and they threaten to lobotomize her). She grows up, and inexplicably grows pregnant. Something in the alien life cycle everyone overlooked. They changed her DNA during her stay on LV426. She gives birth to a child without eyes, who sees like an alien. He grows up, and is extremely efficient. He isn't blind, per say. He sees in a different way. Ripley and Hicks are still around, and WY has been watching them. Hicks is still in the millitary, and learns that WY has ownership over all the DNA in the Narcissus. They attempted to clone the alien, but it didn't work.
Allen (the son) starts to lose control and creates new eggs with his hands- some are already chestbursters without need of a host. The area is infested, and WY comes to use the alien to fill the genetic link in their failure. Bishop has been a mole in WY- they had refused to fix him when he first came back unless he helped- but he is leaking Hicks information. Now... they just have to escape the increased numbers of drones, queens and runners.

Irritator

Irritator

But, Alienseseses:

1. This is more of an Alien V script idea.

2. It's just pure idiocy.

SM

SM

Ah, the old "Alien3 and Resurrection were dreams" trick...

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

If it was my way, it would be this.

Same movie except:
Hicks and newt survives
ripley survives
aliens all die
happy ending
make sure alien ress never happend

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Irritator on Jun 22, 2007, 09:32:19 PM
But, Alienseseses:

1. This is more of an Alien V script idea.

2. It's just pure idiocy.

Say what you will. I thought Aliens's ending was good, and it didn't last.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed