Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced

Started by Darkness, Apr 26, 2022, 08:03:14 PM

Author
Aliens Expanded - A New Aliens Documentary Announced (Read 36,056 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 09, 2024, 10:38:08 PMGot in an argument with the CreatorVC CEO on their discord about the novelty (or lack thereof) of making the minimum price for the Blu-ray release be $100 and justifying it by throwing in a bunch of extra bullshit like posters and patches to jack up the price.

I argued for a less expensive version that didn't come with a bunch of extra nonsense. Here's some choice quotes I got as a reply:

QuoteThen your going to miss out unfortunately. Our work is for superfans who recognise the value of what we're creating with them and for them. Our physical media is personalised, highly collectable and a limited run. Backers get to have their names in the credits alongside the cast of Aliens and James Cameron. The value is immeasurable

QuoteThey way I look at it, is you either see the value in what we're offering or you don't. Our target audience shows up because they understand and appreciate what we deliver.

QuoteFor you, I'd recommend thinking of the posters etc as extras. The price we put on our limited edition, personalised Blu-Rays won't change. It'll be a timeless connection to the Aliens universe that you can always point to and know you will have been part of.  The way I look at it is that it's a manifestation of your fandom - and a little bit special because of it 💫

Worth pointing out that a "connection to the Alien universe" might have more weight if the project wasn't a fan project.
Like, my name is in the Alien RPG. That's a connection to the Alien universe.

$100 ??? What planet are they living on ?  :o

The Cruentus

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 11, 2024, 01:01:38 PMHow about project Acheron is he in the clear?

Not sure, I'll have to check that out. If he is then that is just one more to add to list to expose. Both AVPG and SM's videos are original and done well so there is no need for all this theft.

TheDerelict

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 11, 2024, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Apr 11, 2024, 11:09:49 AMDo you think there will ever be an Alien 3 Expanded documentary with Fincher involved?
For that, you can have £100 and my soul. 😄
I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are the two that were fairly maligned back in the day and to an extent, today. They're not as universal as Alien and Aliens.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: TheDerelict on Apr 11, 2024, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Apr 11, 2024, 11:52:44 AM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Apr 11, 2024, 11:09:49 AMDo you think there will ever be an Alien 3 Expanded documentary with Fincher involved?
For that, you can have £100 and my soul. 😄
I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection are the two that were fairly maligned back in the day and to an extent, today. They're not as universal as Alien and Aliens.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek when I wrote that.
How... Dare you?!

I'm going to sleep.

BigDaddyJohn

Fincher seems to talk about it a bit more these recent years if I'm not mistaken, who knows.

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/aliensexpanded/status/1778738240062718105

Ross Poulter, one of the Weyland-Yutani Bulletin admins called it a "phenomenal achievement. Done with heart."

426Buddy

It better be for the price theyre asking.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nukiemorph

Wow. I'm not paying $50 for a digital download and I'm not paying $100 for a blu-ray.

All enthusiasm gone.

Thatguy2068

Yeah, this is a scam no doubt about it. It shouldn't cost Nearly as much as 50

Mike’s Monsters

If this was maybe $20-$30, then I'd consider. But it still feels very high. Especially after they'd been funded since 2022, if I recall? I can't recall any other fan docs that I've supported being this expensive.

Salt The Fries

How much would be a digital copy of it?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 12, 2024, 06:23:40 PMIf this was maybe $20-$30, then I'd consider. But it still feels very high. Especially after they'd been funded since 2022, if I recall? I can't recall any other fan docs that I've supported being this expensive.
Scuttlebutt is that this doc will follow the pattern of all their other docs where they have an expensive initial price and they say "this is the only time to get it! FOMO!" and then afterward they offer a no-frills version for cheaper.

Which is scummy as f**k and should not be supported no matter how cheap they make it.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 12, 2024, 06:28:57 PMHow much would be a digital copy of it?
$50

Local Trouble

Do they not offer a steelbook edition?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed