Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,177 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 26, 2017, 11:24:53 PM
Wait, this is going to be in the film, right? In the conversation between David and Walter...?

Nope.

Evanus

kwisatz

Wait, this is going to be in the film, right? In the conversation between David and Walter...?

Some people doubt that the Shaw/David parts are in the film.

Ridley said its a piece from the beginning of Covenant.

The Shaw/David parts look a little viral marketing to me (the set, the directing, overall look etc.).

Citadel

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 26, 2017, 11:26:44 PM

Nope.
Is it official the Shaw flashbacks are excluded?

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Citadel on Apr 26, 2017, 11:30:00 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 26, 2017, 11:26:44 PM

Nope.
Is it official the Shaw flashbacks are excluded?

Its on the front page of this site... Bloodydisgusting.com confirmed with FOX!!

Evanus

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2017, 11:30:53 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 26, 2017, 11:29:04 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 26, 2017, 11:28:02 PM
How do you know?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3434294/another-alien-covenant-short-film/
That would involve the bombing sequence parts though. I highly doubt that.
Yeah, exactly. Unless they just cut out the rest and only show the bombing part. Which would be disappointing, I think.

echobbase79

That sucks, but I do remember hearing rumors that those might be cut out. Maybe the dvd/bluray release will show them in their entirety.

londez

In the original alien, the idea behind the Space Jockey was that it was both the pilot and crew, grown-out-of and integrated into the ship's systems, not some bald guy in a chair.  It suggested a race so different from us that their technology blurred the line between organism and machine.  A race so advanced that something as basic as chair is obsolete to them.  Now, Ridley Scott has changed it so that the engineers are just unimaginative looking bald white guys in cloth who live in very human/greek looking civilization.  Part of what made the first movie so great had as much to do with the artists and writers as it did with Ridley himself.  Without them, he is going to ruin this franchise. 

kwisatz

Maybe they asked FOX if the Shaw/David parts were in the film and FOX said no. But they continue to show the whole clip in their article and so get everyone confused.

M_Tak

When I originally saw this clip it was part of the film. They must've changed their minds since.

kwisatz

Quote from: M_Tak on Apr 26, 2017, 11:38:48 PM
When I originally saw this clip it was part of the film. They must've changed their minds since.

I wonder if then the Shaw/David parts actually were directed by Ridley. But the sets do look a little bit cheap though imo hm.

Ultramorph

This looks great! Cool to actually see some of this stuff in motion.

Citadel

Not sure if covered:

How does everyone feel about the Engineer chants/cheers as the juggernaut descends? Not something I was expecting.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed