Marvel Announces New Anthology Series, Alien: Black, White and Blood

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 17, 2023, 06:41:51 PM

Author
Marvel Announces New Anthology Series, Alien: Black, White and Blood (Read 6,909 times)

Corporal Hicks

Marvel has just announced Alien: Black, White and Blood, a new Alien anthology comic series! Marvel mainstays such as Deadpool, Moon Knight and Wolverine (which also features a storyline written by Alien: Thaw & Descendant writer Declan Shalvey) have all enjoyed their own Black, White and Blood series, and now it’s the Xenomorph’s turn!

Featuring three different stories taking place across the four issue limited series, Alien: Black, White and Blood is set to hit comic book store shelves in February, presumably running alongside Alien: Descendant.

ALIEN: BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD will be four issues of unbridled violence with shocking stories crafted by some the industry's hottest talents. Previous BLACK, WHITE & RED installments have spotlighted deadly icons, from Wolverine to Darth Vader. Now, it's time for the Xenomorphs to be unleashed in this epic format!

Marvel Comics and 20th Century Studios present this kill-fest of an anthology in chest-rending artistic detail, brought to life in bold, black, white, red—and, when things get extra dangerous—GREEN!

Here are the tales fans can look forward to in the debut issue:

• Superstars Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing (CAPTAIN AMERICA: SENTINEL OF LIBERTY, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) and brilliant artist Michael Dowling (BLACK CAT, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) kick off “Utopia,” a generations-spanning saga that will be told across all four issues! Soaring through space to find a perfect world, a society descends into darkness as they're shaped by their fear of the Xenomorphs!   
  • Fan-favorite writer Ryan Cady (WINTER GUARD) and Marvel newcomer Devmalya Pramanik explore the limits of compassion in “Maternal Instincts.” On a deep space vessel, a small child is the sole survivor of a Xenomorph slaughter and her only hope for salvation is the ship's comforting and guiding AI computer unit. 
  • Rising stars Stephanie Phillips (CAPWOLF & THE HOWLING COMMANDOS, COSMIC GHOST RIDER) and Marcelo Ferreira (MOON KNIGHT: CITY OF THE DEAD) deliver a tale of guts, glory and the most exhilarating of games in “The Hunt.” Xenomorphs become the main attraction when Weyland-Yutani gives wealthy thrill-seekers a chance to hunt down the galaxy's deadliest species.

Marvel Announces New Anthology Series, Alien: Black, White and Blood

The first issue of Alien: Black, White and Blood is currently expected to release on the 7th of February 2024.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

BlueMarsalis79

Alex White and @[cancerblack] as guest writers.

davewesker

Excuse my ignorance but thats an anthology series?

Wweyland

Great to see another release. I also thought about Alex White the instance I saw it.

SiL

Quote from: davewesker on Oct 17, 2023, 09:09:07 PMExcuse my ignorance but thats an anthology series?
A collection of stories that aren't directly related to each other.

Hed-Veta

Well, we are waiting for the next series on Alien from Shelvey, we have an annual issue (the second one already), and an anthology here. And where are the announcements on the Predator? Or what, one omnibus, two story arcs, a crossover with Wolverine and that's it?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Hed-Veta on Oct 18, 2023, 02:53:31 PMWell, we are waiting for the next series on Alien from Shelvey, we have an annual issue (the second one already), and an anthology here. And where are the announcements on the Predator? Or what, one omnibus, two story arcs, a crossover with Wolverine and that's it?

I'm still waiting on an announcement of an 'Aliens vs Predator: The Original Years' hardcover (which hopefully includes the Prometheus comics as part of Fire and Stone / Life and Death arc that were missed from the Aliens set)

jacobo1122

I would really enjoy good Alien anthology. Bug Hunt missed the mark completely, but maybe in comic format it will be better. We could get a nice roundup of various stories and art styles. As long as the're are decently made of course.

Xiggz456

Very cool! I just recently read through the 4 issue "Darth Vader Black White & Red" which was my first exposure to this Marvel tradition. It had 3 shorts per issue with one of the shorts being a 4 part story with one part per issue. Also the art is primarily black and white with accents of red (hence the name). So based on the press release "Utopia" will be the 4 parter and "Maternal Instincts" & "The Hunt" will be the 2 standalone shorts for the 1st issue, which means we'll be getting another 6 shorts in the following 3 issues! Also very excited to have overlapping comic series!

davewesker

Quote from: SiL on Oct 18, 2023, 12:02:31 PM
Quote from: davewesker on Oct 17, 2023, 09:09:07 PMExcuse my ignorance but thats an anthology series?
A collection of stories that aren't directly related to each other.

Sorry for late reply.

Thank you so much.

Schrödinger

Did they mean Black, White, and Ketchup? It looks like someone flung red paint or overly processed ketchup everywhere.

Gonna be hard to this anthology seriously if they can't even get blood the right color lol.

bulletproof2k

At first I thought Marvel would ruin the franchise, but then I quickly changed my mind  ;D

Corporal Hicks

They had a very rocky start but they're certainly getting there! I really enjoyed Thaw and the Predator ones have been solid despite some gripes of the main character.

Corporal Hicks

Issue 2 solications are up.

OLLIN KELLY, JACKSON LANZING, PAUL JENKINS & STEPHANIE WILLIAMS (W)

MICHAEL DOWLING & MORE (A) • Cover by NICK BRADSHAW

VARIANT COVER BY ALAN QUAH • VARIANT COVER BY DOALY

THE ALIEN LEGACY CONTINUES IN A BOLD AND BLOODY ANTHOLOGY SERIES!

Collin Kelly, Jackson Lanzing and Michael Dowling's generations-spanning epic continues! Then legendary writer Paul Jenkins explores the chemistry of fear in a story that will leave you with a whole new and terrifying understanding of the Xenomorph species. And Stephanie Williams thrills with a story of a marine's first – and possibly last – day on the job. Marvel's landmark BLACK, WHITE & BLOOD series takes horror to another level!

Still Collating...

That's one hell of a cover! :o  :o  :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed