Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment?

Started by motherfather, Oct 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

Author
Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment? (Read 17,366 times)

Evanus

Yeah, which is why I kinda like the scene even though it's a bit cheesy. They're trying to show things from David's perspective, and of course he thinks it's beautiful. I like that.

Gash

It's a scene that, alongside David's lab and his drawings, just screams that David is the filmic embodiment of Giger. So what's not to like?

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 27, 2018, 11:48:33 PM
Yeah, which is why I kinda like the scene even though it's a bit cheesy. They're trying to show things from David's perspective, and of course he thinks it's beautiful. I like that.

I think Covenant overal would be a much better movie if the entirety of it was shown through Walter and David's perspective. One, where he's treated with some dignity by his crew and the other... well, it's David! With the humans just kinda going back and forth in the background doing their thing, stuff we've seen too many times in other Alien movies and since they're all gonna die anyway, why even bother trying to flesh them out? Would've helped the scene in question make more sense, since it came a bit out of left field, though it was pretty obvious we were seeing things from David's perspective.

Also one of the reasons why I wanted David's introduction aboard the Prometheus to be longer, so that his loneliness and time to have his own thoughts and ideas would become more apparent. And because the ship looked frickin' great and I wanted more time to glimpse at it.

Xenomorph60

Why do you not like this scene? I love it. David finnaly sees the birth of his (child). You can see he's so happy. The music is perfection. Its like the xeno knows he,s his father.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed