Opinion from a longtime fan from the 80s generation.

Started by Malicious Predator, Mar 16, 2010, 02:24:16 PM

Author
Opinion from a longtime fan from the 80s generation. (Read 963 times)

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Hi im a Predator fan, saw Predator when it came out in the 80s and its definetly my favorite movie monster. I saw it before there was comic books, sequel or videogames. But ive read all comic books, i love predator 2. I dont like pyramids and fat predators.:)

Either way, i remember ive read about Robert Rodriguez making Predators alot of times over the years. First time i heard about this story was in mid/late 90s.

After watching that preview i must say im really excited. It looks really good! Finally some new good things are introduced in our favorite franchise.:) I really like the fact that Rodriguez is doing this, i like all his movies. From Dusk till Dawn is one of my favorite films. So i could not be happier about him producing.:)

But i sort of like the super pred idea actually. I think it is a good idea for the creature. Its better then pyramids and the 3 preds in avp. They actually give a feeling of being more menacing in the video. This is actually a cool concept, a bit like the comic books bad blood idea. Im really looking forward to see the teaser, i want to se what they are capable of and what new tech they might have.:) We need some new cool predator weapons and they actually could use an upgrade i understand what Rodriguez means with the ipod comment if its set in modern time of course they must have developed their tech, nothing new has been introduced since predator 2 so im excited about this.:)

Black super pred is for me a cool new concept in the same way that the alien queen was interesting. Remember we have been living with the same stuff for a long time in this movie series. Its a good thing that new elements are introduced, but its going to be hard to get used to. This i can accept and like, more then antarctica pyramids.:)

spoiler below.

I also think the ending is pretty kick ass if they go with it. I want to see Arnold in Predator gear. I hope they keep that.:)

So as a longtime fan i am for once really excited, i believe this will be a good movie.:)

Raptor

I agree with everything  :)

Except that ending but everythings is cool.

Uncanny Antman

I could do without super 'BiB' Predators myself, but will see for sure when the flick comes out.  :)

Master

The ending for me is horrible. I really hope that Arnold won`t be back this time ;) It`s a shame to treat legend in such way.

Naska

very nice post, being a longtime fan from 80s too agree with every word :) I would be happy if they will take Arnold back to franchise too

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Thanks.:)

Im also not the least bit worried about the super predators, i remember before the alien vs predator films only thing i thought was hope it wont suck. And they tried to upgrade the predators then also, but im not so fond of holograms and metallic ships.:) But this time theres much more to be curious about and look forward to. There seems to be alot going on in this movie, hunting preserve, warring predator clans. Seems to be filled with detail and alot of new stuff to add to this universe. Hopefully we will se a unmasked predators early in the movie. I want to se how those super preds look like.:)

Btw. I just saw the clip on youtube where Rodriguez shows up the classic Predator face and they made him look exactly like the original film. That is just a dream come true for me. This is getting more exciting for me every day.:)

This time around the people involved are professionals that i know have good taste and judgment, Rodriguez is as good director as McTiernan was. Compared to fox hiring Paul ws Anderson this is a great move.

Highland

I question if the naming of the "super preds" has anything to do with the dislike from fans.

You have to wonder what if they had the been announced "Elder Predators" ?

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

Hopefully they are super.:) But it could be a name when they were designing the costumes, to up the ante.:)

Would be cool with an elder showing up like greyback in Predator 2. Maybe someone like him will show up, isnt Arnold the new greyback? :)

But im really fond of the idea of rouge Predators thats what made bad blood concept cool, its like native tribes in war with each other. Thats not a bad idea and fits into the series. They should be primal. This clan maybe are like their version of crazy cannibals and they are called super predators because they are really vicious and "super" strong, but still high tech. I hope they show up to be a beleviable challenge for the regular Predator, that they are worthy of the title super.:) The less civilised the super predators are in the film the better it will be i think. Avp ruined all of that with all that metallic armor and sterile ships.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed