Alien: Blackout Details Announced

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 07, 2019, 02:09:41 PM

Author
Alien: Blackout Details Announced (Read 50,758 times)

Local Trouble

I'd prefer a legit Xbox version.  Xbox Live Arcade games used to be some of their best titles back in the day and a lot of mobile games would translate well to that format.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Mr. H's thoughts on the announcement:

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

I'm excited to give this a go! My main gripe with mobile games though is they often disappear (I believe it has to do with limited servers being used to source newer games). It's cool that the release coincides with issue 1 of Resistance. It seems we also have confirmation that the AAA title will be an MMO; I'm not a huge gamer so I'm unfamiliar with what an MMO entails. Hopefully it's story driven.

Nukiemorph

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 08, 2019, 06:19:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QW2w_5m3sI

Alien fans don't like mobile games?  Alien fans aren't 15 year olds playing cell phone games?  What is he talking about?

Every single person I know plays games on their phones.  Where does this idea that only kids in foreign markets are the reason phone games are so profitable these days?

Huggs

Huggs

maron

maron

lol
I'm not even disappointed anymore. I don't care.
It's like knowing that next StarWars movie will suck bigtime.  ;D

Local Trouble

ACM's failure and the disappointing sales of Isolation practically guaranteed this would happen anyway.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Gamers should have actually purchased Isolation if they wanted a sequel so badly. I know most hardcore fans spoke with their wallets but the game had mediocre sales.

Now it seems like the whole gaming community thought Isolation was the best thing since sliced bread. Well obviously being one of the best alien games ever made wasnt enough to get the sales it needed to actually convince fox & sega that it was worth investing in a sequel.

Local Trouble

Likewise, the MMO is probably their best bet at making back their investment and a respectable profit.  That is, unless the fanbase roundly rejects the game altogether.

Nostromo

Nostromo

What is a mobile game?

426Buddy

426Buddy

Games made for smart phones.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: David's Creation on Jan 08, 2019, 07:03:48 PM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 08, 2019, 06:19:51 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QW2w_5m3sI

Alien fans don't like mobile games?  Alien fans aren't 15 year olds playing cell phone games?  What is he talking about?

Every single person I know plays games on their phones.  Where does this idea that only kids in foreign markets are the reason phone games are so profitable these days?

Some of us must not be real Alien fans, then, haha.

Local Trouble

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Jan 08, 2019, 01:50:48 PM
Very true, but you're also not obligated to be satisfied with every product released in the franchise either.

Being disappointed in a product ≠ shitting on a product.
Absolutely! Nobody has to be excited about the announcement. But there are people desperately trying to comment - here and around the internet - that nobody wants it, that it's not worth playing, etc. just because it's not what they wanted. And those kinds of comments can take a running leap.

Still Collating...

I wanted to give this the benefit of a doubt and support the franchise by trying it out even though I've never played mobile games. Now I see that my phone can't run the poor bugger. And I'm certainly not getting a tablet for just this, Too bad. If the game doesn't suck and there are no micro transactions, I hope it does well enough in terms of financial success. But yeah, don't try this again Fox if it doesn't work out too well... AVP Evolution seemed very fun, but this doesn't look as good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed