*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content)

Started by X-SOLDIER, Feb 23, 2010, 06:38:15 PM

Author
*SPOILERS* Ideas for follow-up in the Sequel (story/content) (Read 13,714 times)

Inverse Effect

Yes im guessing the alien homeworld will pretty much look like the space jockey ship. I wonder what an Alien space jockey would look like.. Im guessing much bigger than the queen. Because if the queen alien we saw was from a human host.

Then a Normal space jockey alien or queen must be massive like that picture.

Adey

Adey

Quote from: QueenofDeath on Feb 25, 2010, 02:16:43 AM
Yes im guessing the alien homeworld will pretty much look like the space jockey ship. I wonder what an Alien space jockey would look like.. Im guessing much bigger than the queen. Because if the queen alien we saw was from a human host.

Then a Normal space jockey alien or queen must be massive like that picture.
purebreed aliens are the same no matter the host according to earlier games and considering this is also a game and produced by fox its true so possibly a ravager even though this is purebreed to its bigger than the queen. @HAPPYPRED the one in the movie does its head is three times bigger than kane's even with the space suit on

spyrl

spyrl

Quotepurebreed aliens are the same no matter the host according to earlier games...
And yet, in Alien3, the Xenomorph is different, because it's born from a dog.
Also, what of the predalien?
Perhaps I misunderstand. What do you mean by "purebreed"? By it's nature, the xenomorph needs a host of a different species.

As for a sequel, if for nothing but gameplay experience, I would like to see a split-screen option. Obviously for offline multiplayer but also perhaps for a co-op campaign option. This could easily be incorporated, storywise, with the non-humans. The Yautja is not reffered to by a title anyway, objectives directed at "you" could easily imply plural. And the xenomorphs are hive creatures, very conceivable that there would be two as as easily as one receiving the same calling from a Queen. Clever wording could leave the story open to this option. Not an essential, but always a welcome option for playing a game's story mode. However, adding this option would prove the most... challenging for the human campaign. Ideas?

Also, a random thought.
Though I prefer to play as Yautja, I think it would be fun to add playable power loaders (customized, and better armored, of course) and APCs (the armored personnel carrier from Aliens), for the humans.
The power loaders would deal high-damage "jabs" (impale then "spread claws" to kill) for light attack and a slower, but tracking grab for heavy attack. Great for killing, but a large target for a plasma caster, or dodging, fast attack xenomorph.
The APCs are good for getting through hordes (such as an alien homeworld hive), and can run over anything in front of it, while keeping claws out of flesh, but enough damage to it's sides can expose it's "chewy marine center". Easier when it's not moving, of course. But keep in mind while you don't want to be in front of it, xenos' can stick to anything. Driving, you may have to scrape a wall..
Speaking of xenos', an equivalent for them could be on certain hive stages. After certain conditions have been met (wall broken down, enough kills, set time past), being the first xeno to press the action button next to the Queen lets you become her. Fortunately, her massive size limits her to larger areas, keeping certain tunnels and corridors safe from her wrath. Of course, the power loader may help against her. And it's grab, when initiated against a Queen, would grab with both claws. Perhaps both sides would be prompted to tap the jump button repeatedly, to detemine whether the Queen escapes the grasp, or is thrown. Both outcomes dealing damage to the loser.
Again, I prefer Yautja, but I would be fine with these additions with no predator equivalent.
Just some quick thoughts...

First Blood

If they continue with the same characters, I'd like to play as Tequila. Kinda to pay homage to the female leads of the Alien films.

spyrl

Indeed.
I thought that may be a way to have the option for co-op campaign. However, that could also mean she's always with you, even if you play solo. Done right, that could work (maybe seperate objectives for certain parts of a level, meaning, playing solo, she leaves you to go a seperate path now and then. But, playing co-op, you can cover each other for your respective goals (or still seperate). Done wrong, having a computer controlled player always with you could be annoying, and take away from the "all alone chill" moments.
I think female skins, if nothing else, are a great idea, though.

Adey

@SPYRIL if you play avp extinction for ps2/xbox it explains that only queens,praetorians,carriers and ravagers are purebreed dog,predalien and runners are transbreed. transbreed are direct results of facehugging a specific prey to diversify the hive and to gain an advantage over certain enemies/environments. Purebreed aliens spawn from praetorian facehuggers, praetorian facehuggers will make a praetorian alien no matter what the host is cos their DNA prevents the change. if there is no queen the praetorian morphs into one there can only be one queen per hive. if a queen exsists then a praetorian can choose to morph into a ravager or carrier. ravagers are bigger than the queen but do not comatose their victims instead the can only kill cos their hands are 4 hull blades, the carriers are giant drones which carry 15 or so facehuggers on its back and suppies them with nuetrients outside of hive. So thats what i meant dog and predalien are results of selected mutation to adapt to new threats/environments

spyrl

Thank you for that knowledge.

Nickgazord

To answer the question about how the Predator at the end of the game didnt make a trophy of the Predalien. I think its because the Predalien was considered an abomination so they Predator had to go in and kill it to wipe its existence from the galaxy so that's probably  why it wasnt made into a trophy the Predators just want to forget it even existed.

FiveByFive

FiveByFive

woah pauk....never heard 'bout that before...

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

Quote from: Nickgazord on Feb 25, 2010, 05:56:04 PM
To answer the question about how the Predator at the end of the game didnt make a trophy of the Predalien. I think its because the Predalien was considered an abomination so they Predator had to go in and kill it to wipe its existence from the galaxy so that's probably  why it wasnt made into a trophy the Predators just want to forget it even existed.
I didn't think about that. That's a good point though, as the trophy from it may also be seen as slander to the fallen Predator.

Quote from: FiveByFive on Feb 25, 2010, 05:56:40 PM
woah pauk....never heard 'bout that before...

Me either. I'm not sure as though that holds true in this incarnation of AvP though. I think that was more to build a viable mechanic for an RTS game. (I could be mistaken though).

X 8)

Adey

just sayin both from fox so they must be canon to eachother like the movies are canon to one-an-other. play it its a pretty decent game.

FiveByFive

never played it...is it a starcraft type game?

spyrl

I had not heard of it either, that is why I was confused.
Doesn't mean I reject the idea. But, it should be learned if it is true.
A question would be: Are "praetorian facehuggers" formed at random?
In Alien3, it is known by scanning Ripley that the embryo within her is a Queen.
Nothing about a new type that could become one...

Also, I believe Nickgazord is correct. As egotistical a species that Yautja are, trophies representing the tainting of their great bloodline may be an abomination that deserves nothing but disgrace. Fit only for destruction. Of course it was dangerous prey -it held Yautja blood.
But, to put such a "trophy" on their belt or wall would bring nothing but shame for the perversion.

Sso02V

I'd like to see customizable characters in multiplayer. Pick your Predator's mask, armor, skin tone, etc. Same sort of thing with Marines. Aliens are a bit tricky, maybe change exoskeleton tint (no bright colors, just green, blue, or brown) head shape (ridged/domed) and the shape of the tail or back tubes.

Private Hudson

I've been thinking, and maybe AVP 2 takes place on that Weyland Yutani ship which looked like the Marlow at the end of the Alien Campaign. I mean the WY dropship you escape on at the end of the Marine campaign couldn't simply fly forever, it'd need a ship to get back to, which could be the ship I just mentioned.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed