German Censorship + Lulz

Started by [Alpha]Frost, Sep 07, 2009, 06:10:05 PM

Author
German Censorship + Lulz (Read 2,554 times)

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=4539

TF2 is heavily censored in Germany, as you can see from the URL above - it's pretty hilarious. Instead of blood and guts, toys, springs, rubber ducks and ... unicycles seem to pop out of people.

I know this is gonna' annoy German avp fans, but I'd LMAO so hard if AVP3 looked like this. Imagine headbiting an marine and a load of silly-string and ping-pong balls come out.

Edit ~

Check out my post count. I'm SATAN!!!

ikarop

ikarop

[Alpha]Frost

[Alpha]Frost

Ah, okay. No toys exploding from people. Thanks Ikarop.

From that article:

"Darüber hinaus sind erste Details zum Mehrspielermodus bekannt geworden. Bei diesem greift ihr online wahlweise als Marine, Alien oder Predator in die Schlacht ein."

Translation:

First details regarding the multiplayer mode have been announced: You can either play as a marine, alien or predator.

Anyone else blown away by that info?

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Sep 07, 2009, 06:52:45 PM

From that article:

"Darüber hinaus sind erste Details zum Mehrspielermodus bekannt geworden. Bei diesem greift ihr online wahlweise als Marine, Alien oder Predator in die Schlacht ein."

Translation:

First details regarding the multiplayer mode have been announced: You can either play as a marine, alien or predator.

Totally blew me away :>

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Whoa, hold the phone! You mean I can play as Marine or an Alien - in the same game?!? And Predators too?! I need to sit down for a minute...

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Sep 07, 2009, 09:13:21 PM
Whoa, hold the phone! You mean I can play as Marine or an Alien - in the same game?!? And Predators too?! I need to sit down for a minute...

I lold :P

EC jay

EC jay

Quote from: [Alpha]Frost on Sep 07, 2009, 06:52:45 PM

From that article:

Translation:

somebody frontpage this

also, that tf bit is just sad  :(

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

Import and Export is your friend as in import the game if anything goes wrong.

out-at-night-mostly

Wtf and i though China banning the death knight class in wotlk for being seamingly..."evil" was one of the most retarded censorship law made.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Let's keep in mind that this particular act of censorship is completely in-character with TF2.

AJL

AJL

Me... Not understand this German "cencorship"... Nooh... What are they thinking ???

--

As far as I can tell the argument against FPS games and such is that every human
being is born innocent, incapable of harming others, bla bla bla. And then one day
(when they are still little angelz) they try a little FPS games and bang they mutate
into cold, indifferent killing machines, pickup some real guns, march to the nearest
school and start killing people... Correct ??

--

Even if someone truly believe that crap, just what kind of effect is swapping blood
and guts to springs and bolts and such supposed to have... ??

Xhan

Xhan

You have to take a little history into account there, JL. The German government has made policies like this standard for a while for obvious reasons. They may not be be needful or as relevant now, but every government I know carries on the same legacy versus progression stuff in other areas.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed