Will there be a directors cut?

Started by Kev Loaf, May 30, 2012, 07:50:18 PM

Author
Will there be a directors cut? (Read 5,791 times)

Keg

Keg

You're the one starting new topics with ridiculous questions and bitching and moaning about the film in countless threads when your only knowledge of the film is from reading other peoples spoilers. Why dont you just wait and watch the film yourself instead of asking all of these inane questions that are attracting all kinds of retarded responses.

I know who my money for the moron is on.

Mohawksinspace

The theatrical cut is the theatrical cut.

I don't think its absurd to believe there will be a BD/DVD extended cut.
History is on it's side.

NGR01

NGR01

There is potentially an extended cut.
Based on the fact that stuff from the trailers are missing or are greatly modified in the movie.
Scott has done it many times before.
The movie would definitly do with more character development and with a proper confrontation in the end (wich appear to have been shot).
The theatrical cut is already a Directors cut like Scott said, the Enxtended will be too.
One thing is for sure Scott is a great business man and he knows there is money to be made in doing so.
I hope he will go all the way and add something like 20/30.
Thats would really help the movie.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 07:21:55 PM

One thing is for sure Scott is a great business man and he knows there is money to be made in doing so.

Yeah, but does he collect any of the extra money that his films earn when they go for DVD?  I'm sure FOX will pay him to recut the film when it goes to the home market...but that doesn't mean he will get residuals from any other sales.  For the sake of integrity, Scott should try to release the best possible film the first time around.  That's my opinion at least.

NGR01

NGR01

He's coproducing the movie.
It's one of the main reason he chosed to not do a real prequel and start a new franchise.
He's not just a director for hire anymore on this.
It's his baby.
Hence more money for him.

Mohawksinspace

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
It's one of the main reason he chosed to not do a real prequel and start a new franchise.
It's his baby.

This.

People who did not like this movie will need to come to terms that this is Ridleys vision like it or not.
He may of brought on some questionable writers but the end product flows through him.
IMO including the supposed shoddy editing.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: NGR01 on May 31, 2012, 08:51:50 PM
It's his baby.

David Giler and Walter Hill are also producers of the film.  The Alien franchise is their baby and always has been since the original film debuted in 1979 all the way up to 1997 when Alien Resurrection was released.  This is not a new franchise.  If you follow the money and who gets it, it's clear that this is an Alien film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed