I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 54,037 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

He also hangs around with Milburn of all people, which is like a force-multiplier of douchebaggery.

Scorpio

Scorpio

It wasn't his choice to hang around Milburn, though?

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2018, 12:17:03 PM

Then you've read the reasons, and it's on you to exercise some basic reading comprehension. None of the problems have been terribly hard to understand.

I've read some of the reasons, but there is more to it.  There has to be some fundamental reason behind this collective hatred for a movie character.  Or else everybody just has a different opinion, such as one not liking ginger.  It's probably a bit of both.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I don't hate gingers, I just reminded you that he happens to be one in addition to all the other traits you listed.

SiL

SiL

People tend to dislike obnoxious and poorly written characters.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think... yeah... I think I hate him as much as I hate the skull.

There, I said it.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 15, 2018, 12:36:49 PM
I don't hate gingers, I just reminded you that he happens to be one in addition to all the other traits you listed.

You don't hate gingers but the fact that someone you don't like also happens to be ginger makes you hate him more?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Well, it certainly doesn't help.

kwisatz

kwisatz

My hate for Fifield is completely unfounded.

I hate this bastard.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 15, 2018, 12:29:50 PMI've read some of the reasons, but there is more to it.  There has to be some fundamental reason behind this collective hatred for a movie character.

Why does there have to be more to it than the fact THE GUY WITH THE MAP MANAGES TO GET LOST WITH NO EXPLANATION. I fell like Ridley and co. asking me to swallow something that blatantly stupid is almost offensive.

I hate Fifield because he represents such a God-awful bit of writing. More than that, he's the embodiment of how Lindelof took Spaihts' script and "improved" it by changing everything so that things which were logical now make no sense.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Bad writing is a fundamental reason.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Can we all finally agree that Fifield is the worst human being in the history of science fiction?

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Just watch A9's edit of it (and maybe add parts you liked that he removed if you have the capability to do that).

Why subject yourself to the normal cut.

MU-TH-UR 6000

MU-TH-UR 6000

Quote from: NetworkATTH on Mar 05, 2018, 02:42:44 PM
Just watch A9's edit of it (and maybe add parts you liked that he removed if you have the capability to do that).

This. I loved how he/she almost completely got rid of those dinguses and you barely noticed a difference in the narrative. Hell, if anything it only improved the movie.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: MU-TH-UR 6000 on Mar 05, 2018, 02:57:05 PM

This. I loved how he/she almost completely got rid of those dinguses and you barely noticed a difference in the narrative. Hell, if anything it only improved the movie.

It is absolutely amazing how terrible these prequel movies are edited. By themselves they can probably be edited down fairly well, maybe some additional footage shot after the fact. But nope. We have these two men smoking weed in the land of the lost. It's absolutely astonishing how much character development was deleted and how much fluff was kept. I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wouldn't even know where to view it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed