Interview with DH Press Editors

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 13, 2007, 07:50:51 AM

Author
Interview with DH Press Editors (Read 14,270 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

SiL

SiL

I like how they said 'Don't write about a Predator taking out commandos in a jungle', then finished by saying they've got a kick-ass chick with a gun. Dear God.

SM

SM

Another one?

Interesting interview.  Though is it just me or do people who use "cool" so much come across as a tad unprofessional?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jun 13, 2007, 08:21:52 AM
I like how they said 'Don't write about a Predator taking out commandos in a jungle', then finished by saying they've got a kick-ass chick with a gun. Dear God.

I thought that was about the pitching.

SM

SM

They say they don't want to repeat what's been done before, but then talk about kick-ass chick with a gun at the end.  Which has been done, non?

The Ultimate Predator

Not in the Predator movie series.

SiL

SiL

But they weren't talking specifically about the Predator series.

Even then, big whoop - Kick-ass chick with a gun ... now against Predators!

The Ultimate Predator

True, but whats so different with a kick-ass bloke with a gun against Predators?

fluxcap

fluxcap

"Do the Predators see in infrared naturally, or is the infrared a function of their visor? What do they see when their visor comes off?" -Victoria Blake

In the first Predator film, when Arnie and the Predator go mano a mano, doesn't the Predator take off its helmet, and we see a POV shot of the Predator from viewing in infrared then as its helmet comes off to a pure red infrared-ish view? If that red view is indeed the Predator's true eyesight, I hope we don't see some dastardly approach in a future Predator novel concerning its real eyesight. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

SiL

SiL

The Predators naturally see in infra-red. This was shown in Predator and Predator 2. If they suddenly rock up with our type of vision ... well, to be perfectly honest it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Corporal Hicks

I'm banning pessimism on this site.  :P

SM

SM

Oddly enough I'm actually excited that new books are being produced.  However the quality is always a worry.  There's a plethora of well researched information available online (ahem!) about the universes of these creatures.  Just wish they'd look at it.

SiL

SiL

We should just pool together and write a big-ass resource for the writers :P

It end debates about trivia like how Preds see at any rate.

SM

SM

Stuff like that doesn't even need looking up - as you said it's in the freaking film.

SiL

SiL

Yes, but some people just don't pay attention *shrugs*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed