A New Threat...

Started by Private Hudson, Jun 12, 2008, 05:34:42 AM

Author
A New Threat... (Read 985 times)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Chapter 1: The Beginning
During the Seige of Cryodill by Daedric forces in the third era, a hero vanquished the threat of Oblivion. Duringthe last battle, many Daedra poured from the Great Gate outside Bruma and were defeated, but one clan of Dremora got away and fled to the nearby snowy hills, where they waited, and waited. Two years after the Oblivion crisis, the hero was out doing deeds of greatness, while the clan waited in their dark cave, they were planning on striking Bruma, at night, when the town least expected it. They were half way down the mountain when they heard a noise back by the old Dive Rock land mark.
When they arrived they saw a huge rock which lummeted from the heavens. "What is this sorcery? You, Caitiff, go look!!" said the chieftan, Koazla. The Dremora Caitiff walked forward and reported he saw nothing. "Cut it open, see whats inside!!" replied the Chieftan. The Caitiff did as he was asked and found it hollow and dark inside, he used a light spell and saw a strange egg. "Koazla!! There is something inside it!!" As the Caitiff looked back into the meteor, the facehugger residing in the egg leaped to the Caitiffs face and facehugged him.

Chapter 2: Back from the dead

The Dremora , which consisted of the Caitiff who was facehugged, two Kynval, or Knights, and the Chieftan. After two days theremaining Dremora thought their Comrad dead, until he stired later on in the afternoon. When he woke, the Caitiff reported he was fine but had a strange hunger. "Here Comrad, take this" Said Koazla. Koazla handed the Caitiff a piece of raw slaughterfish. "It'll take your hunger away, so we can redo our plan and get blessed by our lord Mehrunes Dagon!!" The others cheered in agreement and ate a meal of raw venison, boar meat, and slaughterfish.  After the meal, the Caitiff was acting strange. "Chieftan, Naro, the Caitiff, he is acting strange.", Koazla replied to his troop, " Of course, he has been out for-" A yell of pain cut him off. The Dremora Kynval and Koazla drew their Daidric Longswords, and went to the back of the cave where the yell came from. On the floor was the Caitiff, with a hole in his chest which broke through his armour. "Check the body" ordered Koazla. The Kynval, Haralo, checked his body and reported that whatever killed the Caitiff, broke out from inside his body. " Check the cave! Make sure every corner is searched, I don't want the creature getting away!!" They searched for hours on end, they didn't find a thing. "I don't think we're going to find whatever did this Chief" Said Grylim, the other Kynval. " It may have sliiped under the door, into the snowy mountains, come!! Lets track this creature so we can do away with it and go find the damn Hero witch killed so many of our Clan brothers. Koazla was right, outside the cave were tracks witch looked like a snake had made.

Chapter 3: Tracking

"The snow is going to claim our lives if we keep going!!" Yelled Haralo. "KEEP GOING!!, WAIT!!!" Koazla ordered his two clan mates to stop. "Look." The Chieftan picked up a skin like substance, and showed it to his Kynval. " It may be a shedding Imp, They shed their skin when in the mountains." said Grylim. "Fool, I should kill you where you stand for your blindness!! The creature we want to find tracks end here, replaced by these tracks" Koazla pointed towards the strange, feetlike tracks. Grylim grunted and put on his Helmet, then he turned around and saw Haralo staring at the nearby rocks on the hill. "What are you doing brother?" Haralo pointed to the hills, " There is something up there, its been up there since Koazla found the skin..." Grylim sighed, " Its your head, we're are used to the firery rivers of Oblivion, not this strange, cold wasteland." Koazla approached them and said the tracks stopped up ahead, then he noticed Haralo looking at the hills and asked Grylim what he was doing. "He says he saw something up there, I said it was his imagination." Koazla growled and shoved Grylim out the way and went to Haralo. "You see something Kynval?!" Haralo replied but didn't look at his Chieftan, just stared at the hill. " It has been watching at us since we came to the skin, I see it moving..." Koazla replied impatiently, " It is probably a Goblin scout, probably fearing to face the might of we Dremora!!!!" Koazla pulled out his Bow, witch was enchanted with fire, and shot several arrows to the hills. As his last arrow struck the ground, and large, black, and fast creature pounced from the rocks to the Dremora. The two Kynval Drew their swords and Koazla, face to face with the xenomorph, pulled out his dagger. He smiled, then lunged at the creature, the creature jumped out of the way, landed beside the Chieftan, and used its tail to stun him by slapping the Chieftans back with deadly force, if it was not for the armour, Koazla would have been dead from the blow. The Chieftan fell to the ground and yelled in pain. The creature landed on top of Koazla and stabbed him in the side with its tail, then moved its head close to Koazla's head. As the xenomorph opened its mouth for the bite, Haralo picked up his Chieftans bow, and pulled an arrow from the Chieftans quiver. "Do it!! Kill the damed thing!!! Kill it!! Cast it back to the Gods where it came!!!" Haralo let the arrow go, it flew forward and struck Koazla in the side of the head. Grylim stared at Haralo, and then back to the alien, which was dragging their old Chieftan to the Hills. Grylim went after it, but Haralo ordered him to let the creature go, Grylim had to obey, for Haralo was now the Chieftan. "It'll be gone, for now, let us heal, and be ready for battle. Tomorrow, we hunt the creature..."

Chapter 4: The Hunt

It was the next day, and as the new Chieftan said, they were on their way to hunt the creature. "What do you think it is?" Grylim said as they were getting ready to leave the cave. " I don't know, but it will kill us on sight, remain vigilant!!" Haralo had a rather authoritive tone, not at all like his old quiet self. They moved outside the cave and continued the search in the Jerral Mountains. The tracks had gone dew because of the storm, so the two Dremora had to remain on guard. " What if it moved from the mountains? We'd never find it!! It could have already passed into Skyrim or even Morrowind by now!!" Gryrim yelled. " Then we shall tear up all Tamriel to find it, and cast it back from whence it came!!" said Haralo.
It was several hours later, and the two Dremora had agreed to go down the mountains, and into the wilderness of Cryodiil. "Look" Haralo called for Grylim and pointed into the dense forest. There was an Imperial Legion Scout hiding in a tree, perched up on a branch, bow in hand, arrow ready. " How shall we kill it Haralo, we can't raise suspicion here." Whispered Grylim. Without thinking Haralo ran forward, sword raised, screaming the dremora battle cry. The Scout jumped down from the tree and tossed his bow to the ground, unsheathing his Silver Lonsword. Grylim now jumped from hiding and went to Haralo's side. The Scout cursed, then charged at Haralo, Haralo easily blocked the overhand strike of the Scout, then spun around and slammed his sword into the Scout, who at the last second, pulled out his shield and blocked the blow, but cracking the bones in the hand. Haralo roared, then did several overhand strikes at the Scout who luckily blocked them all with his blade, which now was dented and bent. The Scout rolled out the way of the killing blow and struck Haralo in the back. When Grylim saw his new Chieftan was getting weaker from the blow, he charged in and rammed his blade through the Scout's back, splattering blood over Haralo's face. After the fight, Haralo and Grylim searched the body and found repair hammers and one healing potion. Haralo drank down the healing potion, and Grylim tossed a repair hammer to him.
After an hour, the two had repaired their equipment and were healed from rest. " Where to go now Chieftan?" asked Grylim, who was cutting flesh off of the Scout's body. " Let us search Cheydinhal, it is a good distance away from Bruma, Dive Rock, and our cave." replied Haralo. So after saying that, the two moved out and started towards Cheydinhal. Half way to the town they spotted a cave with a strange resin like substance on the door and surrounding land...Hive resin. The two Dremora had never seen anything like it, they agreed to check it. Inside, it was dark and strangly hot. " Pass me the torch!" Ordered Haralo. Grylim remained quiet and handed him the torch. On the walls were all kinds of species, Nord, Argonian, Imperial, and even the strong orc race. Haralo grimaced at the thought of finding Koazla's body, he and Grylim continued to move onward. after awhile, Grylim looked at one of the victims on the walls and noted it looked like they were being morphed into eggs of somesort, he remembered the one which fell from the stars only days ago.

Chapter 5: A Hive

At last the Dremora reached the end of the cave, it was flooded, but they both saw a passage under the water. Haralo pulled out a potion of water breathing, " We swim, here I took this from one of those Knights at the battle of Bruma, before we were defeated." he drank some of the potion and jumped into the dark water, leaving some of the liquid behind, Grylim drank the rest then dived into the water after his Chieftan. In the water tunnel, Grylim and Haralo found nothing interesting, except for a few gold pieces and poison bottles. At the end of the water Grylim relit the torch and handed it to Haralo. The light revealed they were in a huge cavern which, like the entrance, had resin on the walls. They climbed out of the water and drew their blades, expecting trouble. " Its hotter here, I think we may be getting close to what we want.." Haralo whispered, more to himself than to Grylim. Grylim, still quiet looked at the walls, what he saw frightened him..More of those parrasites, or facehuggers, on victims faces, Grylim knew what that meant. It meant more of those creatures.
At last, they reached the end of the cave and saw piles of the flesh that they found in the mountains just a day ago. Haralo and Grylim heard noises back in the cave. Grylim shouted, " What are we going to do!! Its a dead end here!!!" Haralo looked around, his Kynval was right, there was no way out. Haralo desperatly yelled, " We go the way we came, uh, we fight them if we must!!" Just then an alien dropped from the cieling and tried to slam them with its tail. Haralo drew his blade and slashed the Alien open. Acid sprayed all over Haralo. "AHHG, Get this off me!! AHH!!' Haralo was trying to wrench off his melting armour. Grylim bashed the armour wish a rock and pulled it off. " Use your bow!! The Rivers of Oblivion run in their vains!!" Two xenomorphs were blocking the end of the tunnel, Haralo pulled out his old Chieftans enchanted bow and knocked an arrow and Grylim pulled out the fine steel bow that he took from the Scout earlier and knocked an arrow. The arrows of the bows both hit their mark and made the Aliens fly back, giving them room to jump back to the water. At the edge of the water was the bigger Alien, the one which attached to the Caitiff, Naro, several days ago. Grylim was at the edge of the water when he noticed Haralo was back at the larger Alien. "COME!! Haralo, you can't defeat them!!" Haralo didn't listen, he pulled out his bow and looked at Grylim, "Go, I long to serve our master Mehrunes Dagon in the fiery Oblivion." Grylim roared, nodded at Haralo then dove into the water, the last he saw of his Old clan mate was him letting the arrow he had knocked go...It was followed by a screech, then a deep roar of pain, the roar of Haralo.
Grylim climbed out of the water and was confronted with one of the Aliens, angred by Haralo's death, he charged the Alien pinning it to the ground, the alien used its inner jaw to bite Grylims shoulder, then stabbed him with its tail and threw Grylim to the wall. Grylim got up and couldn't see the creature, he thought it was gone until it jumped from the cieling above and pinned Grylim down face first, then continued to slash at his back with its claws. Grylim reached for his dagger and stabbed the Alien on his back in the head, poaring acid all over the ground. If his dagger wasn't daidric, it would be useless against the creatures. At the exit to the cave one of the victims on the wall reached out to Grylim. "Help. Me. Ahh!" whispered the Argonian on the wall. Grylim heard his pain and laughed, then moved on to the door which led to the wilderness.

Chapter 6: Unexpected Help

Grylim was wandering the wilderness alone, searching for anyway back to Oblivion. On his way to The Imperial City, where he planned to kill himself, he found a dead body, its chest had been torn open. Grylim knew that it was another victim of the Aliens, but what caught his eye was what the newspaper said, ' Champion of Cryodill: Dark Lord'. Grylim read on and noticed it said that the hero had gone on a killing spree in Bruma, no one was left and requested to be called "Dark Lord". Grylim had an idea, maybe he could find the hero, or Dark Lord, and request his help. Grylim set up camp and feasted on the flesh from the dead Scout earlier.
The next day Grylim set out to the mountains West of Bruma, where the Newspaper said Gelron, the hero, the Dark Lord, had a tower called Frostcrag Spire. After days of traveling he finally made it to the majestic tower. Inside  were portals leading to other parts of the tower, there were summoning pads for Actronachs, alchemy tables, and hundreds of books. Grylim sat at one of the tables and waited till the Dark Lord Gelron came back. Grylim fell asleep.
When Grylim woke, he found he had a sword at his throat. The one holding the blade was wearing a black Hood, shadowing his face, and armour which he recognised as Madness Armour from the realm of Sheogorath. The shadowy figure spoke, Grylim could tell by the voice he was a Dunmer, or Dark Elf, "You filthy creature, what are you doing here?" Grylim tried to answer but was cut off by the Dunmer, "And tell the truth or I shall behead you with my blade Goldbrand." Grylim answered, " I wish to find your master, Gelron, the Dark Lord." The Dunmer laughed, and said he was Gelron, and he smirked. "What would a Dremora want from me? I destroyed you, and casted your kind back to the depths of Oblivion." After he said this he pulled his blade away and let Grylim stand, but remained watching him, never turning his back. " I know, and if it wasn't for what I want I would kill you in your sleep, but There is a new threat to my people and yours." Grylim said with anger and respect in his voice. " Tell me off the threat, and I may help. If not, then your life is mine." Grylim sat down with Gelron and told him everything he knew. When Grylim finished his story, Gelron stood up and laughed, " Well, I suppose we should go while its still light out." Then he moved to the entrance, and slipped outside.

Chapter 7: Back to the Hive

Grylim lead Gelron through the woods, heading towards the cave. They didn't talk at all, Grylim was still angered over the death of hundreds of his Kind during the Oblivion Crisis, or Awakening as Grylim called it. "Looks like your kind can't survive without help, always banished back to Oblivion." Gelron said as they were setting up camp later in the night. Grylim grunted a reply, " You're lucky we are working together, otherwise I'd kill you while you sleep." Gelron laughed and walked off into the trees. The next day Grylim awoke to find Gelron skinning a Boar, cooking it over a fire. Gelron tossed a piece of the meat to Grylim who devoured it quickly. Just as Gelron went to put out the fire, an Alien jumped from a tree and tried to stab Gelron, Gelron jumped back as swift as a Lion and pulled out his sword. The alien hissed and slashed its tail at him, Gelron managed to grab the aliens tail and cut it off at the end. The Alien hissed and swung its tail at Gelron, splashing him with acid, he yelled and pulled out his bow, knocked an arrow, and shot it right at the Alien, piercing its head. "I see how you fight, how you kill, you'd be a worthy opponent." said Grylim with a grin. "We move, I'll find these creatures and kill them, but you raise your hand to me and I'll destroy you." Gelron motioned for Grylim to follow and he moved into the woods.
At last they reached their destination, Gelron picked up the resin and smelt it, then tossed it to the ground, he moved inside the cave. Inside he removed his hood for a dwarven helm, which made a green light cast across the caves curved walls. Grylim noted that the Argonian which begged his help the last time had his rib cage torn open. Gelron summoned a creature from Oblivion, a Scamp, to scout ahead. "I like the way you use lesser Daedra, my brothers, to do your scouting.." Grylim said with a rising hidden anger in his voice. Gelron didn't reply, except for a Laugh. At last, they reached the pool of water. Gelron killed his sommoned scamp with an arrow to the back of the head. Then he drank some potion, then handed Grylim the rest and dove into the water, Grylim followed. At the end, they crawled out and looked around, they both noticed a dremora on the wall. Grylim went to his clan mate, "Haralo, I thought you were dead!! I'll get you down I'll-" Grylim was cut off by his chieftan, "One of them is inside me, kill me, I don't wish to see you working with this human either, you are a disgrace.." Grylim shouted a reply, " A DISGRACE!? Don't worry, Brother, I'll kill you myself!!" Grylim put away his weapons and aimed his hand at his old friend, and muttered a word, a moment later Haralo was ablaze, screaming curses at Grylim even to his dying breath. Gelron said with sarcasm, " You might be one I'd work with one day." Gelron walked to the back of the cave and came back, reporting there was nothing there. As he said that, the bigger Alien dropped from the cieling, landing on Gelron, knocking him out. Grylim said a prayer to Mehrunes Dagon and charged the Alien with his sword held out infront of him. The Alien roard and charged at Grylim, as they clashed they both stabbed each other, Grylim by the tail, the Alien by the sword. Grylim looked up and saw the Alien opening its mouth slowly, Grylim let out a roar just as the Alien plunged its inner jaw into Grylims eye. The Alien shoved Grylim off him and hissed triumphantly, not knowing Gelron behind him, Gelron plunged his sword through the back of the Aliens head, killing it out right. The Dark Lord went to the edge of the water, not knowing the threat of the creature behind him, opening its jaw slowly for the kill....

The Aftermath

After the death of the Dremora and Gelron, Cyrodill was quiet, but Farms had stopped contact with towns, soon major towns would fall to the xenomorphs. Eventually the other provinces lost contact with Chancellor Ocato and the Imperial City. Trade routes from Cyrodill stopped, people got poor, and eventually each province fell to the might of the xenomorph. Tamriel was nothing more than a wasteland, no life.... The Xenomorphs would need hosts, and the nearest continent was Akivir....

Reborn

That was awesome man, I love oblivion and you really made it work.

Private Hudson

Thanks, I actually have to admit I came up with this from the back of my mind and didn't really think it out, but imo it worked well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed