Alien Anthology on PS5

Started by Mike’s Monsters, Dec 31, 2023, 04:10:46 AM

Author
Alien Anthology on PS5 (Read 899 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Has anyone else ran into an issue where the discs won't play from the 2010 Alien Anthology blu ray on PS5? If so, have you found a fix?

It seems I can see the 20th Century logo before the menu and then it just stays on a black screen. I can't get a menu to come up with any controls no matter what I try.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 31, 2023, 04:10:46 AMHas anyone else ran into an issue where the discs won't play from the 2010 Alien Anthology blu ray on PS5? If so, have you found a fix?

It seems I can see the 20th Century logo before the menu and then it just stays on a black screen. I can't get a menu to come up with any controls no matter what I try.

I'll give it a test on mine shortly.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I have always had the issue of having to restart my player with the Anthology discs when I eject them, because it stays on that "Weyland-Yutani Sea of Tranquility etc" image permanently afterwards regardless of device. Xbox (Series X) actually turned out to be the best place to watch them all consecutively, because I can force close the Blu-ray application,  this sounds like a variation on that to me then?

So perhaps try updating or force restarting the Blu-ray application.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I just learned about this and I found someone on a forum who'd discovered a trick...

Put the first film in, let it get to the main menu, then eject the disc and put one of the sequels in. Then the sequel will play.

Annoying.

Kradan

Kradan

Huh ?

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

When playing the Anthology blu-rays on PS5, lots of people are reporting that the first film plays fine, but the sequels get stuck on black after the 20th Century Fox logo.

I just ran into this issue while trying to compare the Aliens blu-ray to the new 4K. But I was able to wiggle around the issue with the above trick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed