Alien: Romulus - new info about the budget

Started by Salt The Fries, Apr 09, 2024, 11:51:23 AM

Author
Alien: Romulus - new info about the budget (Read 1,431 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Based on this document, they spent 40 million USD in Hungary on the production of Alien: Romulus.

Quotelimitations: this isn't going to include non-hungarian spending (i.e. post-production VFX), producer fees above ~3M USD (which seems possible on a longstanding franchise film like alien), and page 15 of this document highlights salary messiness where non-hungarian cast/crew get up to 50% of their salary deducted as a QE expense.

That gives us some idea about the Romulus's budget, but it's important to keep in mind, this 40 million USD is nowhere near the film's final budget. For example, Dune 2 had reported 100 million USD spent in Hungary, but its total budget was close to 190 million USD. It's possible to infer that the budget could be in the range between 60 and 90 million USD, most likely around 70 million USD.

I extracted this info from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/s/wN0SrNmnMo

BigDaddyJohn

Ok interesting. That was always what I imagined it was going to be.

SiL

Good chunk of change.

BigDaddyJohn

No stars in this movie, so probably they didn't chew up a very big part of the budget also.

aliens13

So as we expected, this movie has the same budget or a little less than Covenant. It's fine for me, a big production require a lot of profit to be considered an successful movie and for a R rating movie it's to hard to get

BigDaddyJohn

I don't see this movie really fail box office wise.

Immortan Jonesy

Hope your right!

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Apr 09, 2024, 11:51:23 AMBased on this document, they spent 40 million USD

That's minus payload of course...

Highland

I think this one has a good chance of success. Horror seems popular these days, the trailer doesn't give anything away, folk loved Prey and I can see this being a very similar type of simple movie.

BigDaddyJohn

I wish this movie the same kind of success.

Kradan

BigDaddyJohn

The best thing is that it could simply bring us more Alien projects in the not too distant future.

Nightmare Asylum

Even if this absolutely bombs (which I don't expect it to), we're getting another Alien project just one year later.

BigDaddyJohn

I was thinking more for the big screen, but you're right. Very curious about that one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed