Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 22, 2019, 09:53:27 PM

Author
Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it? (Read 12,741 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 23, 2019, 03:34:15 PM
Yes. Definitely.

If you can't afford a patched new transfer or newly patched VFX,
maybe utilization of the reportedly superior 40th Anniversary screened transfer is a option.

Spoiler
[close]
That's really fascinating, maybe Alien3 will get an enhanced 4K release.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Probably 4 times since I registered, two of which were for watching the TC versus AC and
seeing what I preferred maybe a year and a half ago?

Other times since 2004, I know some of them are meat for the grinder, but I'd wager that's not who you're referring to. You're probably referring to what I'd call "middle characters" they're not upfront like,
Ripley, Andrews, Aaron, Clemens, Dillon, Morse or Golic, and they're not complete nothings like Kevin and Yoshi, who are definitely complete nothings (especially Vincent) LOL
(The only reason I even know their names is I've got the W-Y Report open in front of me)
which is I think part of the point of how the viewer is meant to toss them onto the rails initially just like W-Y.
Because the initial thought is to believe Andrews, believe they're despicable people and expendable ironically until you realize or at least I did, that these people are basically slave labor or were at some point and Andrews might not be so trustworthy or nice.

But I'm more talking about David, Junior, Boggs and Rains, (And the rest, no not going to list every one) who aren't complete nothings but aren't complete characters either, Junior even gets his own mini-arc, but they're given just enough to be entertaining and even memorable in some cases. But most are unique enough during watching the film I thought, maybe I'll watch it again tonight Aliens and A3 double creature feature.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 23, 2019, 08:52:46 PM

I know some of them are meat for the grinder, but I'd wager that's not who you're referring to.
You're probably referring to what I'd call "middle characters" they're not upfront like,
Ripley, Andrews, Aaron, Clemens, Dillon, Morse or Golic, and they're not complete nothings like Kevin and Yoshi, who are definitely complete nothings (especially Vincent) LOL
(The only reason I even know their names is I've got the W-Y Report open in front of me)
which is I think part of the point of how the viewer is meant to toss them onto the rails initially just like W-Y.
Because the initial thought is to believe Andrews, believe they're despicable people and expendable ironically until you realize or at least I did, that these people are basically slave labor or were at some point and Andrews might not be so trustworthy or nice.

But I'm more talking about David, Junior, Boggs and Rains, (And the rest, no not going to list every one) who aren't complete nothings but aren't complete characters either, Junior even gets his own mini-arc, but they're given just enough to be entertaining and even memorable in some cases. But most are unique enough during watching the film I thought, maybe I'll watch it again tonight Aliens and A3 double creature feature.

SM

QuoteProbably 4 times since I registered, two of which were for watching the TC versus AC and
seeing what I preferred maybe a year and a half ago?

So you're not what would normally be referred to as "the average punter".

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

The "average punter" doesn't register on AVPG.
So aside from that lil' diddy, yes, I am.

SM

The average punter is to whom I was referring in their lack of being able to differentiate a bunch of dirty bald poms.

Not people who've watched it a bunch of times and yabber about it online.  Though of course many of them are also unable to differentiate a bunch of dirty bald poms.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

It's not fair referring to something or someone who isn't in the room as evidence of your point of view.
People that haven't watched the film more than once.

And yet most of them can, funnily enough in my experience, not all of them of course but the majority of prisoners. But again, I think that's kinda the point.

SM

I'm referring to a well known and long voiced criticism of the film.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

A really old and invalid criticism that doesn't look past the surface, at least in my opinion.
Especially since I've seen people watch the "Assembly Cut" and have their mind changed about this aspect, or really at most it's an indicator that people found the extra time spent worthwhile for investment in the film's narrative.

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jun 24, 2019, 01:49:26 AM
I'm referring to a well known and long voiced criticism of the film.

And not being able to identify every single con affects the film how?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I'm seeing a lot of microaggressions against bald people on this thread.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Lmao.

Huggs

It's like the waiting period outside Tyler's house.

"And you're too f*ckin'....BALD!!!)

Local Trouble

I still can't tell most of them apart.  Let's see, I remember (in no particular order): Andrews, Clemens, Aaron, Dillon, Morse, Junior, Boggs, Rains, Golic, David...and that's all.  I usually rely on this handy-dandy video for more...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJgRvkhp10

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

What's most? The twenty-ish actually in the film, or the twenty five apparently inhabiting the facility.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed