Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 22, 2019, 09:53:27 PM

Author
Would enhancing the VFX in Alien 3 help it? (Read 12,738 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You couldn't. So much requires alteration it isn't feasible. And it's unnecessary in my opinion.

The editing and VFX is much more important.

The Kurgan

I started to enjoy Alien3 much more over the years after i was kinda disappointed on my first watch.

Some of the VFX still stick out like a sore thumb for me, so yes, enhancing them could very well improve the whole movie for me.

It would have to be done in a way that integrates well into the rest of the movie of course.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

At the very least it wouldn't look like a Syfy original movie anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

The film doesn't already.  ;D
The amazing production design alone separates it, and oh boy the cinematography is top tier.
Only the VFX brings it down.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I thought we were talking about the VFX.  The rest of the flick looks very big-budget.

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 07, 2019, 12:21:54 AM
I thought we were talking about the VFX.  The rest of the flick looks very big-budget.

You're no longer scruffy lookin'.

What the heck is going on?

Local Trouble

I thought if I made myself less recognizable, I'd also be a bit less triggersome.

The Old One

The Old One

A solid strategy.

Local Trouble

Is it working?

The Old One

The Old One

No. ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 06, 2019, 10:41:56 PM
At the very least it wouldn't look like a Syfy original movie anymore.

I dunno...the puppet looks bad, but that's just one component.

SiL

The puppet looks alright. The shot of it crawling to Ripley in the infirmary isn't that bad, and is one of the better composited shots.

SM

They really put in a decent effort to sell that shot with it bumping the trolley, but the scale's not right and there's a glaring matte line.  But it's literally only 2 seconds and is followed by the iconic close up.

SiL

I'll admit I didn't realise the trolley was a model originally, so it takes the cake for best model shot in the movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed