First cut of Alien

Started by Predator@Alien, Jun 07, 2019, 01:15:11 PM

Author
First cut of Alien (Read 5,338 times)

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

Hi !

The first cut of Alien was more than 3h, I think 3h12. But where are all the missing scene ? For all of those which are in the bonus, it's just make about thirty minutes. Where are the others ?

Thank you !

SM

SM

A lot of it would be just scenes that are cut longer.  They start earlier and finish later.

Russ840

Russ840

I'd love to see the 3hr cut.

For me, the longer the better with Alien.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The intros and outros to many scenes were cut, leaving the middles - as well as dropping entire sequences, and trims to violent content and creature footage.

According to various interviews, about 4 hours, 3 1/2 hours, 3 hours, 2 1/2 hours-long originally.
The final preview cut removed 11 minutes, whittling it down to the now 116 minutes 1979 theatrical release.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Sometimes less is more.

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 07, 2019, 10:23:29 PM
Sometimes less is more.

Like the Brett death scene. Works much better when you don't see the alien dangling overhead before Brett finds Jones.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jun 07, 2019, 11:50:01 PM
Sometimes less is more.

Like the Brett death scene. Works much better when you don't see the alien dangling overhead before Brett finds Jones.

Indeed.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The first cut is the deepest....

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Like the Director's Cut, I'd enjoy it for the extra sights, but the theatrical release is my preference.

Predator@Alien

Predator@Alien

So it means that what we have on the bluray of Alien Anthology is the best that we could have ? There is no other contents elsewhere ?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Rankles75 on Jun 07, 2019, 11:50:01 PM
Sometimes less is more.

I like that scene in DC. I like to wonder: would viewers noticed if it was included in initial release back in 79?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Predator@Alien on Jun 08, 2019, 09:51:33 AM
So it means that what we have on the bluray of Alien Anthology is the best that we could have ? There is no other contents elsewhere ?
There's more out there:

Behind the scenes footage from the attack on Lambert & Parker.

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

And this portion of the Alien / corridor outtake that didn't make it to the Anthology set.

Spoiler
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

@Elmazalman

As I unspoiled each pic, I winced for a second wondering how far this was going to go with Lambert.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 08, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
@Elmazalman

As I unspoiled each pic, I winced for a second wondering how far this was going to go with Lambert.
:laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I guess I wasn't sure what was out there on the information highway in regards to our suspicions with what really happened to her. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed