Hey they Cloned Ripley...

Started by Major Alan Schaefer, Sep 16, 2007, 11:57:28 PM

Would it be awesome to have Hicks cloned?

Yes
21 (35%)
No
26 (43.3%)
who cares
9 (15%)
Can't be done without him
4 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
Hey they Cloned Ripley... (Read 7,178 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

I was thinking they cloned Ripley why not Clone Hicks!!! he's the best charater that they could ever bring back

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Except I doubt they drew any blood from a dead victim.  Ripley was alive when they got her blood samples.  Hicks was a headless corpse that was incinerated before anybody thought to test him.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 17, 2007, 12:00:51 AM
Except I doubt they drew any blood from a dead victim.  Ripley was alive when they got her blood samples.  Hicks was a headless corpse that was incinerated before anybody thought to test him.
but they could have....movie magic my boy

SM

SM

The only reason the cloned Ripley was to get the Alien Queen.  And the only reason she remembered her former life was due to Alien tampering.

What's the point of cloning Hicks again?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 12:02:54 AM
The only reason the cloned Ripley was to get the Alien Queen.  And the only reason she remembered her former life was due to Alien tampering.

What's the point of cloning Hicks again?
i didn't say one, reasons you could is she needed someone she could trust (James Cameron could come up with something!!!) and heck Micheal Beihn needs work!!!

Alienator

Alienator

if they cloned Hicks in Alien 5
...would not be an adviseable move

SM

SM

Ripley8 doesn't need to trust anyone.  She doesn't particularly care most of the time.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 12:10:45 AM
Ripley8 doesn't need to trust anyone.  She doesn't particularly care most of the time.
sure in AR, i'm jsut asking what people think about the idea of him being back not Y he is just the idea
A5 for all we know she'd need someone to help her wipe them out once and for all and not get double crossed by a "Burke"

SM

SM

Should she need help, she has Call, Johner and Vriess.  Cloning Hicks is dumb and pointless.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 12:16:50 AM
Should she need help, she has Call, Johner and Vriess.  Cloning Hicks is dumb and pointless.
not getting the point of it, if he was and another thin Johner isen't the most reabiable kinda person like the charater thought and you'd need more than 4 people to take out an Alien nest, i'm just asking if they cloned him for any reason what do people think about having his charater back

SM

SM

But it wouldn't BE his character.  It'd be some guy who got cloned from the DNA of Dwayne Hicks.  It wouldn't have any of Hicks memories or training.

Quoteand you'd need more than 4 people to take out an Alien nest

Only takes one person to push a big red button to launch a orbit to surface nuke.

Taking out a nest on the ground is just as dumb and pointless as cloning Hicks.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Sep 17, 2007, 12:46:52 AM
But it wouldn't BE his character.  It'd be some guy who got cloned from the DNA of Dwayne Hicks.  It wouldn't have any of Hicks memories or training.

Quoteand you'd need more than 4 people to take out an Alien nest

Only takes one person to push a big red button to launch a orbit to surface nuke.

Taking out a nest on the ground is just as dumb and pointless as cloning Hicks.
welcome to the world of movies....they do dumb and pointless things, also this is a movie he could have his memorys i didn't think i'd get so narrow mindedness about the idea

SM

SM

It's not narrow mindedness - it's simply not digging on moronic ideas like cloning Hicks for no apparent reason.

If you could actually come up with a good reason to bring back Hicks and an explanation as to how he'd be the same character as he was in Aliens (that doesn't include time travel) I might consider the idea as halfway intelligent.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well just assume their was... really the question was if they had a good way to Bring Hicks back what do you think of the idea, get passed y they get him and (besides James Cameron probally could come up with a great way to do it and he'd be the only one who would) and not time travel, she needs him for something who knows...scientist acidently get his DNA trying to get Ripley doesn't matter Y!!!

SM

SM

Quotereally the question was if they had a good way to Bring Hicks back what do you think of the idea

If they don't have a good way to bring him back then it's a stupid idea.

And since they never will have a way of bringing him back that is any way plausible, then it will remain a stupid idea.

And just as stupid is saying "get passed y they get him".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed