What Could Be Considered the "Standard" Alien Design?

Started by AcidForBlood, Jun 18, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

What is the Standard Alien Design In Your Opinion?

"Alien"
"Aliens"
"Alien: Resurrection"
"AVP"
"AVP:R"
Author
What Could Be Considered the "Standard" Alien Design? (Read 11,710 times)

AcidForBlood

Looks like the A:R was reused to me. No differences (that I see) in design except color of course.

SM

Tis amusing the lengths people will go to to slate ADI, simply because they don't like their designs...  :laugh:

AcidForBlood

Not saying  don't like them. Just saying the similarities are there...

SM

Wasn't aimed at you.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Jul 07, 2012, 03:16:33 AM
Tis amusing the lengths people will go to to slate ADI, simply because they don't like their designs...  :laugh:

I read their comments as pompous and belittling others work, while making their own seem grander. I find their redesigns offensive to the original biomechanoid of Gigers. I mean, how can you go from one to another and claim yours better, with all the flesh and warts as oppose to biomechanicality

And I dont think its a coincidence that their alien resembles Pumpkinhead so much. I think theyre so in love with their own design that they shoehorned it into alien movies

AcidForBlood

Could be true, not that they'll admit it. Not taking sides though.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jul 07, 2012, 03:14:42 AM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 07, 2012, 03:11:36 AM
the most recognizable elements from their designs, the hips, the shoulders, the massive jaw and the protruding ribcage came from absolutely nowhere, i can't find a single painting or concept with them before A:R.

Check their own design of Pumpkinhead

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/pumpkin.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/lovegunner/AVP/2nmy68.jpg

yeah i know. i just wonder what paintings SM said they were taken from.

bobby brown

bobby brown

ADI´s aliens still doesn't look bad, and their actual effects, animatronics and stuff is very impressive. (AVPR excluded)
perhaps it is indeed a shame they didn't use more classic designs, but that's the directions they where given.

People who say ADI sucks simply because their designs is not their favoured, simply strikes my as retarded.

StrangeShape

Quote from: bobby brown on Jul 07, 2012, 01:34:50 PM
ADI´s aliens still doesn't look bad, and their actual effects, animatronics and stuff is very impressive. (AVPR excluded)
perhaps it is indeed a shame they didn't use more classic designs, but that's the directions they where given.

People who say ADI sucks simply because their designs is not their favoured, simply strikes my as retarded.

I dont believe its a coincidence that just about every director of every alien movie that featured ADI wanted fleshy design, and I also dont believe its a coincidence its so close to Pumpkinhead design, so I dont buy that the directors wanted it. I think ADI suggested it. And again, normally I wouldnt rag on ADI for having inferior designs, not everyone can be Giger or Winston, thats unfair, but I dislike them for their attitude and delusions of grandeur

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed