Lifespan

Started by Eidotemit, Jan 24, 2007, 12:42:30 PM

Author
Lifespan (Read 9,087 times)

maledoro

maledoro

I doubt if the aliens would acquire a host's longevity. There are too many variables. A human doesn't naturally live to be 75 without modern advances helping him along.

automirage04

automirage04

The fossilized jockey-alien would have been a great scene to film. Why wasn't it filmed darn it?! Seeing what the creature that came from the jockey looked like would have answered so many questions about the Aliens.

Kinda disappointing that Scott chose to leave that scene out. At the very least, Cameron could have put it into A2 somewhere.....

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 20, 2007, 10:04:26 PM
The fossilized jockey-alien would have been a great scene to film. Why wasn't it filmed darn it?! Seeing what the creature that came from the jockey looked like would have answered so many questions about the Aliens.
I dunno. The pic I saw didn't tell me anything more about the aliens.

Kinda disappointing that Scott chose to leave that scene out. At the very least, Cameron could have put it into A2 somewhere.....
It would only make Aliens confusing.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: maledoro on Aug 20, 2007, 10:14:07 PM
I dunno. The pic I saw didn't tell me anything more about the aliens.

It would only make Aliens confusing.

Well I was always wondering what became of the creature that came from the Jockey. Not a big deal, but still something I have always wanted explained to me. Also, seeing its size and features would help settle the debate about what traits, exactly, the Aliens take from their hosts.

I think it would have fit much better in the first movie, but I don't understand how it would have been confusing in the second one? I mean at least the way I am thinking of it being done, it wouldn't have contradicted anything in either film.

Damn my typing ability. I have had to spend like two minutes fixing typos in just this post alone >:O

Nightmare

Nightmare

at least 100 years.

let me show why:

avp hosts:

5 guys in sacrificial chamber, miller, verheiden (spelling?), the 1st guy that got separated in the pyramid hwen it shifted (this one is a bonus cause we cant be sure).

so 8 hosts.

existing aliens:

grid, + 1st alien scar killed (with shuriken) + alien lex killed with scar spear + aliens that scar plasma shotted (at least 3) + alien lex killed with gun

makes 7 aliens, now then could only have escaped 2 when scar was plasma shotting around, there were more then that, also when lex kileld the last alien, there where plenty more then 3! (shoudl be grid + the one taht died + one that wasnt killed (from the remaining host))

also freein the queen shoudl only be 3 aliens (grid + teh one tat wasnt kilelçd yet at the time + the one from remaining host)....they were more!

i could follow the examples....

this means the aliens from previous hunts were there!

Aeus

Aeus

'The making of Alien 3' featurette on the Alien 3 single disc states that Aliens have a very short life span. Watched it today, so it was fresh in my memory.

automirage04

automirage04

Quote from: Aeus on Aug 20, 2007, 11:58:21 PM
'The making of Alien 3' featurette on the Alien 3 single disc states that Aliens have a very short life span. Watched it today, so it was fresh in my memory.

Who said it and in what context?

Meathead320

Meathead320

I like the idea that they live for very long periods of time.

The Queen would have an even greater lifespan, given her job.

I think the bigger reason she was frozen, was to keep her from escaping.

Should would have eventually broken free if given the chance.

Better to drop Her in the cold stuff.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Queen would have an even greater lifespan, given her job.

Don't see why she should live longer.  I like the idea from the draft that, like other animals (humans included) they're born with every egg they're ever going to produce and there's not an infinite amount.  Once she's laid all those eggs - however long that takes, she dies.  The eggs then can survive on their own for centuries or millennia.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 21, 2007, 01:06:44 AM
Quote from: Aeus on Aug 20, 2007, 11:58:21 PM

Who said it and in what context?

Weaver did. When discussing the Alien species behaviour. Said something about thier short life being linked to thier hostility. I have to say I liked this idea the most.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 20, 2007, 10:38:40 PM
Well I was always wondering what became of the creature that came from the Jockey. Not a big deal, but still something I have always wanted explained to me. Also, seeing its size and features would help settle the debate about what traits, exactly, the Aliens take from their hosts.
Here's a model of the rock formation. Critter is circled on upper right, Dallas and Lambert are circled below:

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 20, 2007, 10:38:40 PM
I think it would have fit much better in the first movie, but I don't understand how it would have been confusing in the second one? I mean at least the way I am thinking of it being done, it wouldn't have contradicted anything in either film.
It wouldn't contradict anything, but people just wouldn't get it.

automirage04

automirage04

Aye, doesnt show a whole lot does it?

maledoro

maledoro

Nay, it doesn't.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't even have a penis head.  :(

maledoro

maledoro

It's hard to tell from that angle as it's shown in a ¾ profile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed