Alien : Ressurection's Newborn case.

Started by Kassku, Feb 21, 2010, 02:15:47 AM

Author
Alien : Ressurection's Newborn case. (Read 23,529 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Newborn must have watched AvPR.  :D :D :D

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

F**k yes kelgaard.

Anyhoo... found this over at Stampede's site. it is one of the first Newborn concepts -

cloverfan98

Quote from: Mus on Mar 15, 2010, 07:13:48 PM
I suppose they sort of had to alter the design so it's more fleshy and earthy, as I personally don't think the biomechanical look would fit in very well in a generic rural town. The same goes for the ones in AvP, it was set in an ancient pyramid, so the aliens had to look a tad more fleshy and prehistoric to work better with the surroundings. That's not to say the designs are actually good and that the movies shouldn't have been left undone altogether due to that very reason however. They should stay in industrial corridors, not run around in a stone temple or downtown USA.

From what I heard the budget for AVP was actually pretty small for such a film, so the question in the director's mind wasn't "What type of look for the Aliens would work best in this movie?", so much as it was "How can we make this film happen on budget?" and the way they did it was to reuse old A:R suits.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Not budget but time... 2, maybe 5 months of actual production I think.

SM

SM

And those suits generally don't last, so they likely wouldn't be re-using suits.  Just the molds.

And ADI seemed to spend quite a bit on that full size Alien animatronic.

Mus

Mus

Yeah, their priorities were elsewhere, see. Oh wait, that reply is mine.

samoht

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 11, 2010, 07:03:16 PM

F**k yes kelgaard.

Anyhoo... found this over at Stampede's site. it is one of the first Newborn concepts -
http://www.stampede-entertainment.com/monstermakers/a-alien-5-l.jpg

That would have been better.

Mus

Mus

It needs eyes, they were crucial for that puppy look.

Alien³

If the Newborn wasn't so baby like and had it's own movie (which had nothing to do with the alien franchise) it would have been freaky and downright disturbing to see that thing creeping around the corridors of a spaceship stalking people.

Mus

Mus

So basically like Alien, but with an inferior monster.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 28, 2010, 07:56:45 PM
If the Newborn wasn't so baby like
... ::) ;D

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 28, 2010, 07:56:45 PM
it would have been freaky and downright disturbing to see that thing
Eh, it already is. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed