Alien : Ressurection's Newborn case.

Started by Kassku, Feb 21, 2010, 02:15:47 AM

Author
Alien : Ressurection's Newborn case. (Read 23,530 times)

Kassku

Kassku

Hello everyone, this topic is to talk about the Newborn. I personally have one question that comes right away on my mind when I think about it.

How come the newborn was able to go away with Killing the queen. geez..

Discuss about it. and i'd also like to know if you guys liked or not , I mean the newborn, I personally think it was gross.

First Blood

Well, when the newborn seen Ripley, the scientist on the wall said "Awe, it thinks you're its mother." So it probally felt that the Queen wasn't its true mother and was interfering between its self and Ripley.

And I thought it was gross looking also.

Kassku

Yeah, but normally, in a hive, tons of aliens surround the Queen, how come we didnt see any? they should have jumped the newborn as soon as the queen died. shouldnt they?

Dowly

It's some time since I watched it the last time, but was there even a hive? And werent the aliens scattered all over the place?

Or maybe the 'hivemind' was between both the newborn and the queen, the NB was the stronger one and the rest of aliens started to follow it after it killed the queen. I dont know, the whole movies was stupid anyways.  :P

Kassku

haha well, yeah there was a hive after the breakdown. a Xenomorph carried Ripley to the queen, so it probably was still arround.

I doubt they're the kind of following the strongest member of the pact, as seen in the AVP , they're not following the predalien, which is actually stronger than a preatorian and probably the queen herself. And I'm not talking about the movie AVP Requiem, but the games. Cause in Requiem, the Predalien was a Queen .

I might have found an answer tho, Based on the game of AVP 2010

SPOILER ALERT**************************

When you play the Alien Campaign, in the last mission, The Alien Queen dies. and you fell in some kind of Lethargie for a while, maybe that's what hapenned ( That kind of detail is purelly fanfic, since there is no proof of that in the movie )

Kriszilla

Games aren't canon, movies are.

Dowly

I've always gotten the idea when watching it that the Newborn is more important to the aliens than the queen is. Sort of an higher being. The way the Queen looks at it, is almost as if it's admiring it and afraid.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Newborn = worst thing to happen to the franchise.

Corporal Hicks

If it was better designed it could have been a nice addition.

cloverfan98

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Feb 21, 2010, 05:52:46 PM
Newborn = worst thing to happen to the franchise.

I'm pretty sure AVPR holds that place. And besides the movie established that it wasn't a REAL Alien per say, but a genetic freak. I'm pretty sure they won't be bring it back anytime soon.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Oh yeah you are right, Newborn and Avp R = the worst thing to happen to the the franchise.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Newborn looks at the Queen, and says
U ugly, u rly mom?
Then looks at Ripley
Ooooh pretty, it mom!!!
Then kills the queen
U fake ugly mom, i 0wnd u!

;D

QuoteAvp: R Just Sucks!
It is an Axiom.

ShadowStalker

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 21, 2010, 06:22:54 PM
Newborn looks at the Queen, and says
U ugly, u rly mom?
Then looks at Ripley
Ooooh pretty, it mom!!!
Then kills the queen
U fake ugly mom, i 0wnd u!

;D

haha that how i actually thought happened! lol But i hate the newborn, one ugly as arse mofo!

QuoteAvp: R Just Sucks!
It is an Axiom.

Xeros Kore

To me, what the alien does up implantation is take specific traits from its host, and any "lesser" qualities are thrown to the side and replaced by WHATEVER the "pure" xenobiotic gene would be.  Hence we have differneces in warrior, runner, and predalien (I suppose the Queen could be house nothing but pure genes, as we don't know for certain if the queen would be different from a dog, human, predator, or whatever).

ANYWAY, this makes the creature superior to its host genetically, enabling to it survive and destroy its host species.  If this is the case, why would we try to splice human genes BACK into it?  That is quite possibly the worst idea in the franchise.  Whedon, I like firefly, but please never venture into sci fi again.

InfestedGoat

Quote from: Kassku on Feb 21, 2010, 02:22:41 AM
Yeah, but normally, in a hive, tons of aliens surround the Queen, how come we didnt see any? they should have jumped the newborn as soon as the queen died. shouldnt they?

Maybe all the drones were out getting pickles and ice cream for their pregnant queen.  ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed