Which Console?

Started by BauhausConcept, Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM

Author
Which Console? (Read 12,586 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

I'll definitely be getting this for the Xbox One. I want the best experience I can get. Plus you get slightly better graphics and visuals on the One compared to the 360.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Quote from: BauhausConcept on Sep 03, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 03, 2014, 04:02:52 AM
Quote from: BauhausConcept on Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM
and a decently-powered laptop (Intel i7 620M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics).

:laugh:

"integrated graphics"

"620M"

Sure bro!

For a laptop, that is decent. I can still run SC2 and D3 on medium settings without any hiccups at all. Yeah, it's no gaming fortress but it can still run new games.

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 03, 2014, 10:57:31 AM
If you can afford it go for PS4, if you haven't played the Last of Us, pick that up and that will keep you busy until A:I and beyond.

When Sony releases play now, or whatever it is called you will also have access to the PS3 back catalog (although it's not clear how much this will cost)

I was thinking the exact same thing to be quite honest. I was kicking myself so hard when the Last of Us came out and I didn't have a PS3. :( The only reason Xbox One even crossed my mind in the first place was because of Halo 5, but it's tentatively set for a Q4 2015 release which realistically will most likely get pushed back to 2016 so I still have plenty of time before that game comes out. That being said, it seems like PS4 is going to be the victor of the console wars this generation. I still don't know anyone who owns an Xbox One yet I have about 5 friends who have a PS4. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a console which none of my friends have (kind of in that boat already with my Xbox 360).

If you friends have them then it's a no brainier, I've recently discovered something pretty amazing: You can share digital downloads with friends. This mean that if you bought Alien Isolation from the ps store, then your friends could log in once with your ID on their PS4, and then download and play on their own account. All completely legal and designed by Sony.

Randomizer

Randomizer

At first I would've tried A:I on the 360 but I consider now getting an Xbox One because there's also Halo 5 , The Master Chief Collection coming and much more...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

My recommendation would be to go for the Atari 2600 version.

As you can see below it doesn't suffer from the issues the other versions have such as the Alien's preposterously long tail, odd legs and lip sync issues. It also gives you better situational awareness with more fluid framerates and graphics that are clearly superior to the Xbox One version.

PsyKore

PsyKore

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Randomizer on Sep 04, 2014, 10:03:27 AM
At first I would've tried A:I on the 360 but I consider now getting an Xbox One because there's also Halo 5 , The Master Chief Collection coming and much more...

Totally dude. This is the time to get a Xbox One. You got Halo 5, Destiny and other big games coming out in the fall. I would reccomend getting on soon. Isolation will definitely look great on the One.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 04, 2014, 11:39:36 AM

Love it. xD That's going on the Facebook page.

BauhausConcept

BauhausConcept

Quote from: Chronicle on Sep 04, 2014, 01:16:05 AM
I'll definitely be getting this for the Xbox One. I want the best experience I can get. Plus you get slightly better graphics and visuals on the One compared to the 360.
This: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/alien-isolation-s-graphics-have-no-noticeable-change-on-ps4-xbox-one/1100-6420749/

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 04, 2014, 08:21:56 AM
Quote from: BauhausConcept on Sep 03, 2014, 04:34:26 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 03, 2014, 04:02:52 AM
Quote from: BauhausConcept on Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM
and a decently-powered laptop (Intel i7 620M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics).

:laugh:

"integrated graphics"

"620M"

Sure bro!

For a laptop, that is decent. I can still run SC2 and D3 on medium settings without any hiccups at all. Yeah, it's no gaming fortress but it can still run new games.

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 03, 2014, 10:57:31 AM
If you can afford it go for PS4, if you haven't played the Last of Us, pick that up and that will keep you busy until A:I and beyond.

When Sony releases play now, or whatever it is called you will also have access to the PS3 back catalog (although it's not clear how much this will cost)

I was thinking the exact same thing to be quite honest. I was kicking myself so hard when the Last of Us came out and I didn't have a PS3. :( The only reason Xbox One even crossed my mind in the first place was because of Halo 5, but it's tentatively set for a Q4 2015 release which realistically will most likely get pushed back to 2016 so I still have plenty of time before that game comes out. That being said, it seems like PS4 is going to be the victor of the console wars this generation. I still don't know anyone who owns an Xbox One yet I have about 5 friends who have a PS4. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a console which none of my friends have (kind of in that boat already with my Xbox 360).

If you friends have them then it's a no brainier, I've recently discovered something pretty amazing: You can share digital downloads with friends. This mean that if you bought Alien Isolation from the ps store, then your friends could log in once with your ID on their PS4, and then download and play on their own account. All completely legal and designed by Sony.
No way. That's pretty awesome. I went out for drinks last night with a couple of my non-work friends and they just told me they both bought the Xbox One two days ago. Looks like I'm split now between the two consoles. Might just pick up a used PS3 off Kijiji for the Last of Us (as no sequel is planned as of yet) and get an Xbox One for A:I as well as Halo 5 when it comes out.

Sakishiro

Sakishiro

I have both PS3, 360 and PS4. Before the PS4 came out, I preferred playing on 360 since it had the party feature so it was perfect for staying in touch with friends and get to know new ones with party chatting.

Now, both PS4 and Xbox One have the party feature, but I chose PS4 over X1 because of the stronger performance. And man, I'm so satisfied with the PS4.

So, my recommendation is definitely Alien Isolation for PS4. And this is coming from someone who preferred 360 over PS3.

While we're at it, I can also recommend my setup. A 110" Projector screen with the Sony VPL-HW40ES projector (which has top reviews all over the internet and excellent black level which is essential for Alien Isolation), and the Sony Pulse Wireless Elite Headset. LoL, sorry for the bragging but I couldn't resist! ^^

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I have the PS4 and even though I will end up with the XBONE sometime down the line for its exclusives right now I'm just sticking with the PS4. 

Razz

Razz

Going for the PS4 version.

BauhausConcept

BauhausConcept

I think I'm gonna end up clinching the Xbox One. I know the PS4 has slightly better performance and not to mention, more people own and use it but there is no way I could justify not having the opportunity to play Halo 5. Aside from the Last of Us (which I can easily pick up for the PS3 off of Kijiji), the PS4 has no current or upcoming exclusives I am interested in.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 05, 2014, 04:02:20 AM
I have the PS4 and even though I will end up with the XBONE sometime down the line for its exclusives right now I'm just sticking with the PS4.

#poorfag

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

it's /poorfag guy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed