Test Screening Reactions/Details

Started by Darkoo, Mar 09, 2024, 05:50:27 PM

Author
Test Screening Reactions/Details (Read 14,879 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 09, 2024, 10:26:49 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2024, 08:12:30 PMSo I guess I will confirm that there are indeed multiple xenos

Well, i was in the camp that this movie would have multiple Xenos, so i am glad for that.

I think that they will start with a single Xeno and then for the big climax they will reveal that there are more Xenos running around, sort of like what happened in Isolation.

Of course. Big Chap to start, and then all of his eggmorphed spawn to follow. ;)

David Weyland

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 09, 2024, 10:28:13 PMIt cannot be Covenant. Please no.

Please yes

Ingwar

Ingwar

That would be lame.

David Weyland

Why?

It ties things well

If we are not to get a third prequel, better that than the unfinished prequel story casting a shadow undermining everything else going forward by having the ship's contents & its story float in space for perpetuity

Ingwar

Ingwar

It will make things even more confusing and unresolved because the question would still remain: what happened to David and why they're Alien eggs on board Covenant? It doesn't tie anything. It makes it more messy.

solace97

solace97

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 10, 2024, 12:08:41 AMIt will make things even more confusing and unresolved because the question would still remain: what happened to David and why they're Alien eggs on board Covenant? It doesn't tie anything. It makes it more messy.

I mean it could show how David used the eggs on the covenant passengers and maybe the aliens killed him after he thought they might accept him as their god or something. Not totally far fetched.

But wow baby xenomorphs have me intrigued not going to lie (or adolescent) sounds like this has a lot of potential

Ingwar

Ingwar

How could it show David doing what you just had described if Fassbender isn't part of the cast? :) And it sounds super far fetched :)

Still Collating...

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 09, 2024, 08:12:30 PMVery interesting on the comments about a test screening! I'm usually in the know about those as I get regular invites to them, but had no clue about it. Not saying it didn't happen! It wouldn't surprise me if they've started testing with audiences recently.

I am sure whatever was screened is much more refined and polished from what I saw. For those who didn't see the posts, I saw a very early cut with very unfinished effects. CG models without color, texture, or light at times in some scenes. PS1/PS2 level of graphics for CGI in some moments. Puppets having strings/cables and wires to control it that will be digitally erased. Some shots simply being a slightly animated concept art piece. Really rough, but watchable for me as I've seen lots of rough cuts. I likely saw the same cut Ridley saw and commented on, or one that came right after. I have actually watched it twice, and not at test screenings, but on my own in a personal viewing.

Having seen it, a lot of what I had hinted at in prior months is way more clear, and my comments about everything "not being so simple" stand true and come from having seen it now. The back to basics comment stands, but it also has a lot of new going on. It's definitely a different movie than I expected, and had been pitched to me before I'd seen it, but that isn't a bad thing. The DNA of the prequels hasn't been thrown out or forgotten either. The prequels are a part of this franchise if we like it or not, and they are indeed involved. How big or small is for you to find out when watching the movie.

The tweet about the plot is true, but only on the most simple and basic level. There's a lot more going on here. I love the wording of 'baby' lol, it's gonna throw everyone off. There are multiple baby xenomorphs at one point, but could that mean Chestbursters? Facehuggers? We've seen a baby before, and I won't tell you exactly what it is. But wouldn't that mean that there are MULTIPLE xenomorphs no matter what point of the lifecycle it is? I won't confirm nor deny any fully grown xeno numbers, as things can change from what I saw with the reshoots, or they could stay the same. So I guess I will confirm that there are indeed multiple xenos, but I won't say if they get to multiple full grown xenomorph or not. I'm still not giving anything away too easily, nor give my thoughts or opinion on the movie.

The hints are nice. This is my speculation now, but from the info I gather that this might mean that there are multiple early stages of the Alien, but either the movie ends before they grow up, or most of them get killed, except the one adult who could be the "parent" (eggmorphing) or just a surviving sibling. As far as baby goes, I'm guessing the concept art of the fetal Alien that David was supposed to spit out at the end of Covenant instead of the fetal facehuggers? Or maybe it does mean the mini huggers before they're grown?

But I'm still not buying it, that we'll see exactly that, I doubt we'll see the Covenant itself. Maybe mentioned. Probably Engineer mentions or the Pathogen in a vile somewhere.

Just my guesses.

Mike’s Monsters

Babies are already seen in the lifecycle we know.

Egg
Facehugger
Chestburster
Adult (warrior, drone, whatever you want to call it.)

You can decide which of those are considered "babies". I knew that word was gonna throw people and they'd run with it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 10, 2024, 12:40:04 AMBabies are already seen in the lifecycle we know.

Egg
Facehugger
Chestburster
Adult (warrior, drone, whatever you want to call it.)

You can decide which of those are considered "babies". I knew that word was gonna throw people and they'd run with it.

What that's saying to me is that there's "fresh" ones and a meaner, older one (guess who?).

Serpico Jones

What if the ship is the Nostromo? What if Ash and Mother intervened to save the ship.

Brett and Dallas are still cocooned inside...

SiL

SiL

How? Ash was headless, Mother didn't let Ripley deactivate the countdown, the engines exploded.

Serpico Jones

The idea is that the reactor was ejected from the ship.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Technically the synopsis doesn't specify that the "scavengers" actually find the ship, so it could theoretically be the Nostromo they're going after. ;)

I'd love for them to stumble across a derelict Covenant (with signs that David had eventually left the ship to go off elsewhere in the galaxy), though...

https://twitter.com/thevscooper/status/1766619980823670860

These "scoops" are so barebones. This just in: Alien: Romulus is a movie!

Feral_PRED

As a composer been confirmed for Romulus?

Roque Baños is a frequent collaborator of Alvarez and I think he would be a perfect fit for Romulus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed