Hate how much they nerfed the predator

Started by Veteran Warrior, Oct 29, 2020, 05:06:47 AM

Author
Hate how much they nerfed the predator (Read 825 times)

Veteran Warrior

I know this has been discussed in different threads but I can't remember which was.

But in my opinion, they have nerfed the Predators way too much and made the fire team crazy strong. Now I'm not professional or master at this game and I am not trying to brag or anything but I freaking kill as the predator. If I never won a game, I at least survived with a few fire team escaping. Yeah I did here and there but I won more often than lost. But holy crap. I'm just constantly on the run from them. Whether I play aggressive and just jump in and chop them up or I play smart and mess with them/lure them apart or I keep my distance and do long range. It's annoying.

Is it just me? Because if so then this is awkward  :-\ ???

Corporal Hicks

Kailem and I played quite a few games last night, mostly running into Vikings who were getting smashed a bit. But we ended the night on a really damn good Viking, just absolutely tore us apart. So it might just be a case of adjusting for now.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Even before the update it was already on the Fireteam favor, I once won against a new Predator player with just me and a random, only 2 guys. Sure it was a new player, but come on, just 2 guys? We didn't even camp, we escaped on the chopper.

Yesterday with a fireteam of 3 we destroyed an very good Viking. He went to second wind so fast. From the knife to the grenages the damage the Predator can take from it is pathetic.

Some might say the Predator should rely on stealth and attack the fireteam while they are busy with the AI. But how about the premade PC fireteams that camp on the rooftops instead of completing missions? Nah. Those guys aren't losing anymore. They can hunt the Predator down like he is nothing.

Veteran Warrior

Exactly!! Done fire team could absolutely care less about completing the mission. They only focus on hunting down the Pred. I was in a match as fireteam the other day and there was 4 of us. Not gonna lie, the Pred was actually giving us a hard time. The predator ran off cuz he was taking damage. Me and another guy chased after it but we couldn't find him though we did hear him heal and roar so he was fully healed. I peeled off and went back to the other fireteam but the other guy pulled a Mac and went after it alone. I see on the map he's running around in circles for like 3 minutes obviously fighting it alone. And he freaking killed it! By himself.

Gr33n M4n

It's more fun to hunt the Pred than to escape to da choppa  8)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Oct 30, 2020, 04:27:14 PM
Exactly!! Done fire team could absolutely care less about completing the mission. They only focus on hunting down the Pred. I was in a match as fireteam the other day and there was 4 of us. Not gonna lie, the Pred was actually giving us a hard time. The predator ran off cuz he was taking damage. Me and another guy chased after it but we couldn't find him though we did hear him heal and roar so he was fully healed. I peeled off and went back to the other fireteam but the other guy pulled a Mac and went after it alone. I see on the map he's running around in circles for like 3 minutes obviously fighting it alone. And he freaking killed it! By himself.
TO be fair, doing the missions does get dull after playing the same map over and over again, so what is more exciting than trying to hunt down your hunter? Unfortunately though that is the side effect of doing the same thing over and over.

But other than that, if you get owned by a Fireteam member as Predator in close quarters, either you suck really bad or the Fireteam person is just that really good. 9/10 Predator wins close quarter combat every time. As for buffing Predator, I would say adding specializations perks and new weapons like speargun would be much fun and help balance things out. I realize that using the bow is more of a mid-range weapon, as the farther you shoot, the less accurate you get just like in real life. The speargun would be the equivalent of the sniper rifles Fireteam uses. Perhaps that would help even things out on snipe campers.

Katanu

Katanu

I haven't played Hunting Grounds in quite some time.
Between me being terrible as the Predator and the waiting time to find a match being too long... it was just not fun.
And now hearing this doesn't give much hope to go back to it, sadly.

Gr33n M4n

finding a match can be a bit of a pain. It reminds me of AVP 2010.

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 11, 2020, 04:25:58 AM
Quote from: Veteran Warrior on Oct 30, 2020, 04:27:14 PM
TO be fair, doing the missions does get dull after playing the same map over and over again, so what is more exciting than trying to hunt down your hunter? Unfortunately though that is the side effect of doing the same thing over and over.

But other than that, if you get owned by a Fireteam member as Predator in close quarters, either you suck really bad or the Fireteam person is just that really good. 9/10 Predator wins close quarter combat every time. As for buffing Predator, I would say adding specializations perks and new weapons like speargun would be much fun and help balance things out. I realize that using the bow is more of a mid-range weapon, as the farther you shoot, the less accurate you get just like in real life. The speargun would be the equivalent of the sniper rifles Fireteam uses. Perhaps that would help even things out on snipe campers.

I can agree with most of this actually. And you're right, I just came across a Viking Pred the other day that almost annihilated us but in the end we killed him. It definitely takes more patience and tactic to attack the fire team because they more often then not travel together and never separate so you really have to pick and choose your battles in terms of when to jump in and attack or try to pick them off and separate with long range 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed