Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,215 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Seems possible and logical if we take into account that they were producing other stuff during that period. I mean, those two lines are their best selling ones.

Now, I am a huge Neca fan but I'm not blind to their QC issues which are still happening with the new Predator and Alien figures (though of course, it's better than it was before). So imagine what must've been going on with the factories that they said: "We can't ship these figures, they're not good enough"  :laugh:

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Randy tweeted a pic of the upcoming Alien3 creature pack 

gabgrave

gabgrave

Is that the same Queen Facehugger? Love the Bambibuster and Queenbuster though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Looks good!

The Old One

The Old One

Finally! Can't wait!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm trying to get excited about this set, but the Queen chestburster just looks wrong, and I already got the queen facehugger in the Kenner wave.

Like, that Queen doesn't look like what popped out of Ripley (as briefly as we saw it).

The Old One

The Old One

I just want it for the Facehugger (In realistic colours) and the Bambi-Burster,
which I'm now noticing seems to have a comically short tail at a strange angle.

I swear to God if the Bambi-Burster can't look straight because of NECA's stupidly limited neck articulation though...

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

They said that won't be the entire A3 pack, that there's more. I'm guessing a normal facehugger, normal chestburster and maybe even an A3 egg? I doubt we'll get the shredded ox or dog.

I also hope the bloody Bambi burster can look up straight, that really should be a given.
Looking at their old articulation prototype photo, the neck should have good range, and the tail will be bendable. Though I will be surprised if we get the extendable tongue.

Though it wouldn't be the first time Neca has changed their articulation plan, I'm still mad that the Defiance alien didn't get the body the Blue Kenner tribute Big Chap got in the same series...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 18, 2018, 12:23:32 PM
I'm still mad that the Defiance alien didn't get the body the Blue Kenner tribute Big Chap got in the same series...
How were they different?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think the only difference is the lower body/legs?
The defiance alien has stompy's legs

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Blue Big Chap got the new Big Chap body which will be used for the 40th anniversary Big Chap and the differences it features are double jointed elbows, knee swivel (like the one that the Alien that came with Burke had and the new Ultimate alien warriors have which are out right now) and a swivel at the base of the tail.
It's not a big difference, but I'm an articulation junkie. The problem is that Neca once said that the Isolation body being used for the Defiance alien will be getting the same articulation treatment as the Blue Big Chap. I understand that some problems with their factories could have prevented that, cost issues or whatever, but it still saddens me.
I'm going to have to try and make an improvised double elbow joint instead. Elbows on all aliens should be double jointed IMO.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Just I wanted to say that I'm out...

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: skull-splitter on Nov 18, 2018, 10:53:26 PM
Just I wanted to say that I'm out...
Out on what? The creature set, or just in general?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

windebieste

windebieste

Out for lunch, maybe..?

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed