NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,828 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 09, 2018, 08:33:41 AM
From chatting to my local store, the import fees have also gone up something rotten - at least in the UK. I remember paying £30 for McFarlane's Queen. Now it's £100 for NECA's.

Bloody hell

Vark_

Vark_

Even worse in France : back in the day, I remember NECA Queen selling on pre-order for 175€ ! That was an instant pass for me. Their regular 7" figures sell around 30-45€ depending on the Series, and as for the used market, never under 25€.
So it's been a while since I didn't buy one, unfortunately.

Well, at some point, I'd rather go for some of the tinier and cheaper Eaglemoss statues, I can pack more of them than NECA's on a thin wall-hanging glass cabinet. Engineer, Weyland commando, Lambert, and so on...

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 09, 2018, 08:33:41 AM
From chatting to my local store, the import fees have also gone up something rotten - at least in the UK. I remember paying £30 for McFarlane's Queen. Now it's £100 for NECA's.
Same. Queen from McFarlane was around 45 euro, NECA is upwards of 75, new release over 100.

Do want that queen, but the price...

@Windebiest: the NECA ones where comparable and where about 20 about five years ago, now at least 25 but more likely around 30.

Kailem

Kailem

Yep. I got the Genocide two-pack from Forbidden Planet a few years ago for £35. These days, £35 is what you have to spend just to get one figure.

Though saying that, I'll definitely still be spending that amount when this comes out: https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1061020350912360448

I'm still annoyed I didn't pick up the Gorilla Alien before it jumped up in price on the aftermarket. I'll probably bite the bullet eventually, but that one'll probably cost around £50 now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Christ I cannot wait for that Snake Alien. That was the first Kenner Alien I got back when I was, like, 9 years old. The prospect of having a fancy remake is making my inner child freak out.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

For me, it was the Bull. That's why I'm dying to see them take on that redesign. I do really love they're revisiting these designs, though. They're doing such an amazing job making them seem less ridiculous.

Kailem

Kailem

Queen Facehugger, Snake and Scorpion were the three I owned. I always wanted the Gorilla too but never ended up nabbing it, and now I've done the same thing again with the NECA remake. I'll probably just have to bite that aftermarket bullet while the prices are still within "reasonable" range at some point. But I really like what they did with the Queen Facehugger, and I'm really looking forward to the Snake as well. I also like how they've differentiated their version of the Scorpion from just a regular Warrior now that it doesn't have the exploding gimmick anymore.

I really liked the Bull design too, so that's one I certainly want to pick up whenever they get round to it. I'd imagine it'll probably be in the next Kenner wave, given that I feel like it's probably one of the most popular ones they haven't done yet.

Honestly I thought all the Kenner Aliens were awesome. They were just so creative and looked so cool, I love that NECA are recreating them like this. The only downside is actually getting my hands on them all....

bobcunk

bobcunk

The original Kenner figures probably cheaper, I just got the old blue alien warrior and the clear mail way predator. The predator was out of his bag but the accessories were sealed, his arms and legs are a little yellow but that seems to be common even from unopened ones. I guess neither are very rare so I opened them for display. I originally when to get the king alien but it was sold a few days before  :(. He had a gorilla alien there for under $20 I think.

dHunter333

dHunter333

This 2017 year end Neca Alien Club all in exclusive figure is looking like it won't even be out by the end of 2018! That is ridiculous!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

We should really make a game where each of us guesses how much will their next announcement be delayed. My wildest guesses have never come close to how much they delay their stuff.  :laugh:

We could really make some sort of bingo game out of this...   :P

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 14, 2018, 10:40:27 PM
We should really make a game where each of us guesses how much will their next announcement be delayed. My wildest guesses have never come close to how much they delay their stuff.  :laugh:

We could really make some sort of bingo game out of this...   :P

IGN would rate it 7/10. Too much smartass-ery.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Neca tweeted today that the club exclusive alien will be out by spring...  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 15, 2018, 07:11:22 PM
Neca tweeted today that the club exclusive alien will be out by spring...  :laugh:
Did they specify what year? Like, spring of 2022?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

They didn't, which means anything goes.

I know they had factory problems, but I'm really surprised that the Predator series 18 and the Ultimate alien warriors were delayed for a whole year. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Especially when they were, you know, releasing other merchandise for other lines the entire time. Does Alien/Predator stuff have its own dedicated factory, and that was the only one that was affected?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed