NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,569 times)

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

I hope I don't sound like a figure noob, but I have a few questions about getting started with keeping up on all this.

What's the average cost of a Marine figure? Does it depend on the name on the box?

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

It really depends on where you get them of course, but the marine figures don't vary in cost depending on the character. They can vary on how popular they are or how available they are. For instance, Vasquez with her smartgun is overpriced now on the second hand market because she was very popular and there aren't many left out there. There are recent two packs of Hicks and Hudson and they are a great starting point. I found one for like $32. A single marine can range from $15 to $25, depending on the seller, but yeah, Windrix and Frost usually cost less. Your best bet for the Hicks and Hudson is the relatively recent two pack. Vasquez in her BDU is recent and costs between $20 to $25. As for Vasquez with her smartgun? Good luck with that one, I just know she's hard to find and not cheap anymore.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 05, 2018, 01:00:34 PM
It really depends on where you get them of course, but the marine figures don't vary in cost depending on the character. They can vary on how popular they are or how available they are. For instance, Vasquez with her smartgun is overpriced now on the second hand market because she was very popular and there aren't many left out there. There are recent two packs of Hicks and Hudson and they are a great starting point. I found one for like $32. A single marine can range from $15 to $25, depending on the seller, but yeah, Windrix and Frost usually cost less. Your best bet for the Hicks and Hudson is the relatively recent two pack. Vasquez in her BDU is recent and costs between $20 to $25. As for Vasquez with her smartgun? Good luck with that one, I just know she's hard to find and not cheap anymore.

Thanks. I'll probably start with Hicks/Hudson once I have the time and socked away some extra cash. I'm not even going to try searching for any of them in upstate NY--everything that would carry it is closed or set to close soon. I haven't heard much for Drake; is it likely he'll be single?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Are we getting a movie Drake figure? I know we're getting a Kenner-inspired one that doesn't have the actor's likeness.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Xenomrph on Sep 06, 2018, 01:29:15 AM
Are we getting a movie Drake figure? I know we're getting a Kenner-inspired one that doesn't have the actor's likeness.

I've heard rumors that Mark Rolston has given permission for his likeness to be used, but I don't know for sure.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If I remember correctly Mark posted about it on Twitter last year (?) and Neca retweeted him confirming it.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

https://www.mephitsu.co.uk/single-post/2017/09/26/Hope-yet-for-a-NECA-Aliens-Drake-figure

If not this year, perhaps the next year we would get Drake. If that`s true, it would left Apone (perhaps the most difficult due the actor doesn`t want to lend his likenesses), Verbowsky, Crowie, Dietrich and perhaps Ferro with Spunkmeyer (who wants a Gorman figure?).

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Gridseeker on Sep 06, 2018, 02:59:16 PM
https://www.mephitsu.co.uk/single-post/2017/09/26/Hope-yet-for-a-NECA-Aliens-Drake-figure

If not this year, perhaps the next year we would get Drake. If that`s true, it would left Apone (perhaps the most difficult due the actor doesn`t want to lend his likenesses), Verbowsky, Crowie, Dietrich and perhaps Ferro with Spunkmeyer (who wants a Gorman figure?).

Here's to hoping for next year, then.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Yeah it's a bit to late to actually get a figure this year unfortunately. Maybe we'll get an official announcement/prototype picture before the year is out though.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Sep 06, 2018, 04:15:24 PM
Yeah it's a bit to late to actually get a figure this year unfortunately. Maybe we'll get an official announcement/prototype picture before the year is out though.

Or probably in 2020; as far I understood, the next waves would be based on Aliens Resurrection and Kenner.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I would like a Gorman figure, we are missing any kind of USCM officer at the moment. Even "Colonel" Cameron was in a grunt uniform.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Should the discussion of more Marine figures warrant a revival of the specific "NECA Colonial Marines" thread?

The Old One

The Old One

No.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Yes

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Sep 14, 2018, 09:07:40 PM
Should the discussion of more Marine figures warrant a revival of the specific "NECA Colonial Marines" thread?

Feel free to post in it if you like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed