NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,084 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Nice! I was worried Scorpion would just be a repaint drone. Any thoughts on what the third figure might be? Killer Crab would be sweet.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

That looks great. I'm loving these Kenner Aliens, my hive needs more variety than just the Gorilla lol

dHunter333

dHunter333

so opened the james cameron marine and the quality control is bad on him
not too fond of the paint on any of the skin tone that is not the head

the face looks pretty good on both, nice paint and skin tone, but the skin tone doesnt match the body!

i bought 2 cameron marines, i had this head set aside for a while for this marine

cant see it too good, but the paint job on the arms is horrible, it looks like he has a peach/orange shirt under his cameo garments (the non cameron marine)
they didnt paint his watch, just paint flesh on it, he has a flesh colored watch!
and the edge of the arms look really bad on both marines...

i had been planning to do this for a while...

here is my entire marine collection

windebieste

windebieste

NECA QA...  Sometimes it's so facepalmy you may as well glue your palm to your face.

Swapping out the heads is a neat idea. 

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I'm looking for a similar type of figure stand for my 1/4 scale NECA Alien. Do you know where I could find one?

DerelictShip

DerelictShip

dhunter333 how much does one custom marine cost you? And how much has the whole process cost thus far?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kailem on Dec 01, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Looks like we're going to be getting the Scorpion Alien in the next Kenner wave, this time with a hint more "scorpion." :laugh:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/936679882150547457

It really needs to explode!!

AgeOfStrife

AgeOfStrife

Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 02, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

I'm looking for a similar type of figure stand for my 1/4 scale NECA Alien. Do you know where I could find one?
Those are from Lindon Bears in the UK.

http://www.lindonbears.co.uk/Item%20005.htm

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

dHunter333

dHunter333

Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 02, 2017, 02:14:10 PM
dhunter333 how much does one custom marine cost you? And how much has the whole process cost thus far?

no more than retail, started at what like $16-$17? now like $23-$24 each?
just bought a ton of hicks/hudsons and did head swaps, then got more adventurous and did arm swaps, armor swaps, helmets, etc
then windrix and helmetted versions came out, and then vasquez and frost and vasquez 2.0
now cameron
plus the dutches
there are only 4 custom marines that i purchased from a forum member here quite recently
i think you were going to purchase them but ended up changing your mind or something
i have a huge action figure collection, most are headswaps
minor painting on some
didnt customize many of their armors, but i have my huge marine squad
def dont need any more marines! lol
some crappier custom ones in the later pics made back when there were little to no options

probably best *not* to think of what i've spent on my alien/predator collection over the years...

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: AgeOfStrife on Dec 02, 2017, 03:56:26 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 02, 2017, 09:22:58 AM

Those are from Lindon Bears in the UK.

http://www.lindonbears.co.uk/Item%20005.htm

Dan

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2017, 03:04:06 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Dec 01, 2017, 07:53:57 PM
Looks like we're going to be getting the Scorpion Alien in the next Kenner wave, this time with a hint more "scorpion." :laugh:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/936679882150547457

It really needs to explode!!

That's the general consensus from people.  They want their EXPLODING SCORPION ALIEN!  NECA probably won't add the feature - but the trade off will be higher detail and fantastic articulation compared to the original Kenner item.

You could always just rip its arms and legs off, and drop them to simulate being exploded. 

Quote from: dHunter333 on Dec 02, 2017, 09:23:58 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Dec 02, 2017, 02:14:10 PM
probably best *not* to think of what i've spent on my alien/predator collection over the years...

or... over the decades.  lol.  The cost of 3 decades buying ugly assed toys isn't something easily measured, actually.

-Windebieste.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 01, 2017, 09:27:48 PM
Nice! I was worried Scorpion would just be a repaint drone. Any thoughts on what the third figure might be? Killer Crab would be sweet.
Was there a tease for a figure before the scorpion alien? If so I missed it, what Kenner  figure was it for?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: dHunter333 on Dec 03, 2017, 10:39:14 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 01, 2017, 09:27:48 PM
Was there a tease for a figure before the scorpion alien? If so I missed it, what Kenner  figure was it for?
Snake Alien.

windebieste

windebieste

-Windebieste.

dHunter333

dHunter333

i am going to guess the 3rd one will be the bull alien
just a guess

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed