NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,879 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: StayFrosty on Sep 16, 2016, 02:53:25 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Sep 16, 2016, 02:43:05 AM
Quote from: StayFrosty on Sep 16, 2016, 02:08:12 AMI've downgraded to Kenner. I don't regret it. They're awesome.

Can't beat the classics.  As weird as some of them are, they just can't be beaten.

-Windebieste.

They do look good. And it's realistic to think what Xenos could look like if they came out of other animals.

Oh, and, I should mention I'm getting the original 2 pack Alien/Predator Big Chap despite it not being metallic, simply because it looks good, and it's BIG CHAP.

IMO though, Scorpion Alien is a regular Warrior alien. That shouldn't be what a "Scorpion" Alien would look like.

Well, I dunno about an Alien emerging from a scorpion, those things are kinda small.  I would settle for, though, is DNA extracted from a scorpion and then transplanted into a facehugger artificially.  Then have the scorpion Alien hybrid gestate inside a human host.  I'd go for that as explanation to cover just about any hybrid, including small arthropods. 

Extracting the DNA from whatever animal, even molluscs if you like.  Place it in the facehugger and then let 'unnatural' processes do the rest. The result, the very iccy Oyster Alien. 

Imagine how tough a tardigrade/xeno hybrid would be.

F*ck me... you wouldn't be able to kill it!  At all.   :laugh:

-Windebieste.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 16, 2016, 03:23:20 AM
Quote from: StayFrosty on Sep 16, 2016, 02:08:12 AMI've downgraded to Kenner. I don't regret it. They're awesome.

Can't beat the classics.  As weird as some of them are, they just can't be beaten.

-Windebieste.

They do look good. And it's realistic to think what Xenos could look like if they came out of other animals.

Oh, and, I should mention I'm getting the original 2 pack Alien/Predator Big Chap despite it not being metallic, simply because it looks good, and it's BIG CHAP.

IMO though, Scorpion Alien is a regular Warrior alien. That shouldn't be what a "Scorpion" Alien would look like.

Well, I dunno about an Alien emerging from a scorpion, those things are kinda small.  I would settle for, though, is DNA extracted from a scorpion and then transplanted into a facehugger artificially.  Then have the scorpion Alien hybrid gestate inside a human host.  I'd go for that as explanation to cover just about any hybrid, including small arthropods. 

Extracting the DNA from whatever animal, even molluscs if you like.  Place it in the facehugger and then let 'unnatural' processes do the rest. The result, the very iccy Oyster Alien. 

-Windebieste.

Actually, I believe the Scorpion Xenos were supposed to have come from giant scorpions from another planet.....

windebieste

windebieste

It's in one of the comics that comes with the action figures from the '90's.  Honestly, it's a really ropy way to achieve the same result. 

Genetic engineering in a lab would permit any hybrid just by implanting the DNA into the hugger without going to other worlds.  You could easily posit a scenario where Scorpion, Gorilla and Crab Aliens are running amuck in a laboratory space craft where genetic experiments are being held.  Maybe even aboard the Auriga, or a sister ship.  Would make an interesting 'midquel' between 'ALIEN 3' and 'ALIEN: Resurrection'.

It's just a little, teensy-weensie bit more credible than finding giant scorpions on another planet.  Well, that's my take on how to justify the Kenner range of 90's figures.  DNA inserted into facehuggers.  you could come up with any kind of Alien that way and still have human hosts for them to gestate inside. 

-Windebieste

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: windebieste on Sep 16, 2016, 03:23:20 AM

-Windebieste.

-Windebieste.

If you take into account the scorpion/xeno thats gestating may also take on some human characteristics....you might end up with a xenomorph version of the Scorpion King  :laugh:

EDIT: Immediatly after that I realized how horrifying it would be to face a xenomorph version of that

windebieste

windebieste

Yup.  That's a frightening prospect.

Then again, the Scorpion Alien does share a bipedal morphology closer to a human more than it does with a scorpion which, being an arachnid, has 8 legs. 

-Windebieste.

Joda

Joda

Quote from: StayFrosty on Sep 16, 2016, 02:08:12 AM

I am so sick of Neca and their defective and breakable parts. I quit.

I said this one or two years ago, but this time it's for good. I'm going to be selling a huge chunk of my collection, including both Queens.

Nothing even happened to my figures this time to convince me of this. But earlier this summer, my bedroom got flooded and I had to pack everything up and move upstairs for renovations to transpire. I was so afraid some of my Neca figures would break when I packed them away. It's not worth the fears. I fear something will break whenever I move one of their parts. Neca doesn't deserve my attention, or yours, until they get things right.

I've downgraded to Kenner. I don't regret it. They're awesome. I currently have the original Queen, Bull, Scorpion, and Gorilla, as well as Ripley and Hicks. I'm getting the rest of series 1 as well as the Mantis, Queen Face Hugger, Flying Queen, Big Chap (from Predator 2 pack) and Snake in the mail. I still need Rhino. I only want the original metallic aliens, not crap like Wild Boar and Night Cougar. I'll also get at least one more Mantis, Gorilla, Boar, and multiple Scorpion aliens and multiple Big Chaps from the Predator 2 pack. It should be sick. And at least I don't have to worry about them breaking right out of the package.

I think I'm right there with you. It's sad that I can buy toys on eBay that are over 20 years old and they hold up far better than anything NECA can manufacture currently. I still get caught up sometimes and find myself ordering a figure - but yea. When you open them, it's like handling glass. That and I always pray there isn't some severe warped deformity hidden on back side of the figure that I couldn't see before opening. And the loose joints? Don't get me started. Once I've 'limbered the figure up' to pose it, half the time it won't stay as posed because all the joints are suddenly way too loose.

It's like their figures are great to look at, just not to own...  :D

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

I hear ya'll on NECA. I have a couple ALIENS with broke pegs (one right after I took it out of the clam shell). Their humans seem to fair better in my experience.

Complaints on Vasquez are it looks like her boom mic tip is to big. Her butt part seems to go down a little far so rearward leg moment is limited. Adios isn't on her smartgun but I can fix that. Solid figure otherwise.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: StayFrosty on Sep 16, 2016, 02:08:12 AM

I am so sick of Neca and their defective and breakable parts. I quit.

I said this one or two years ago, but this time it's for good. I'm going to be selling a huge chunk of my collection, including both Queens.

Nothing even happened to my figures this time to convince me of this. But earlier this summer, my bedroom got flooded and I had to pack everything up and move upstairs for renovations to transpire. I was so afraid some of my Neca figures would break when I packed them away. It's not worth the fears. I fear something will break whenever I move one of their parts. Neca doesn't deserve my attention, or yours, until they get things right.

I've downgraded to Kenner. I don't regret it. They're awesome. I currently have the original Queen, Bull, Scorpion, and Gorilla, as well as Ripley and Hicks. I'm getting the rest of series 1 as well as the Mantis, Queen Face Hugger, Flying Queen, Big Chap (from Predator 2 pack) and Snake in the mail. I still need Rhino. I only want the original metallic aliens, not crap like Wild Boar and Night Cougar. I'll also get at least one more Mantis, Gorilla, Boar, and multiple Scorpion aliens and multiple Big Chaps from the Predator 2 pack. It should be sick. And at least I don't have to worry about them breaking right out of the package.
So sorry to hear this. The hate for NECA products seems very ubiquitous on AVPG. People get hyped up for a new release as they voice their complaints on older toys breaking or terrible unboxing experiences! It's almost as if the toys themselves decided to break out of jealousy!

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

Hey everybody! I think I am going to ask for Vasquez, Compression suit Ripley, the creature pack, and Dallas for Christmas! Good choices?

Joda

Joda

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Sep 18, 2016, 01:20:46 AM
So sorry to hear this. The hate for NECA products seems very ubiquitous on AVPG. People get hyped up for a new release as they voice their complaints on older toys breaking or terrible unboxing experiences! It's almost as if the toys themselves decided to break out of jealousy!

I liken it to Battered Wife Syndrome...  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's not just here. I've seen it reported elsewhere.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The worst thing I've had happen with a Neca figure was my two first brown alien warriors.
One's leg snapped at the hip, the other its foot. The aliens I've gotten since then in the battle packs and singles have been good. I have the blue warrior, the red warrior, the Albino alien and Grid and they're all fine.

Over all my experience with Neca has been very positive.

Vark_

Vark_

Same here. Of course NECA stuff eventually happens to break or lack QC, I've experienced it three times over 15 figures. Yet the likenesses are awesome for the size and price, plus you can make great affordable customs out of their figures ; so frankly I've never asked more from NECA. One can be disappointed or criticize their stuff from time to time, including myself, but I can't be mad at them, their stuff is what it's worth, it's been discussed widely in another thread. Every mishap I had has been easily fixed since I treat the figures like little statues : on static display and never touch them, except fo dusting. So overall positive too, although I don't support them on every choice they make (creature pack, Newt 2-pack, series 1 Marines without helmets, etc.).

Quote from: thexenomorph on Sep 20, 2016, 05:36:25 PM
Hey everybody! I think I am going to ask for Vasquez, Compression suit Ripley, the creature pack, and Dallas for Christmas! Good choices?
The creature pack seems really overpriced and not worth it if you ask me, otherwise Dallas Vasquez and Ripley are really good looking figures (especially Vasquez, the most kick-ass likeness ever on their Alien series), these three I own and highly recommend.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Still waiting for series 9 to hit the UK. Can't be long now surely?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I know Randy has said other wise, but I'm fairly certain we'll see a Deluxe Hicks and Hudson some time in the future. Probably a $25 - $30 price tag for a helmeted original version + the helmeted battle heads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed