NECA Aliens (Read 850,471 times)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Wow that's awesome and insanely expensive! Lol

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 20, 2016, 11:17:12 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 10:40:38 PM
Looks like the packaging is exactly alike on both Series 8 'A3' Aliens, too.  I thought maybe there might be some text differences but it looks like there aint.  Oh well.  Just another variant to get up Collector's noses, I guess. 

Is it the same re-purposed figure from NECA's earlier release of the character?  I'm guessing it is judging by the one I currently have on hand and comparing to your photos.   This makes it a series 8 reissue of the older figure with the big difference being a paint variant on the grey figure.  I guess the series line up on the backs of the packaging lists all 4 figures for this series will probably be the big factor differentiating between this re-release and the original Series 3 figure. 

It's a nice figure and deserves to be re-issued.  Looks like it even comes with the crummy display stand as well.  Crummy stand is crummy.

What's become of the lead coated version of NECA's 'ALIEN 3' figure?  Is that still only being available as a chase/exclusive/overpriced f*cker on Ebay release?  Does anyone know yet..?

-Windebieste.
Expect a 1/4 scale Ox/Dog Alien next year for the 25th anniversary?

I was thinking the same thing would be likely - and I would buy it. 

But wasn't NECA planning a chase version of the character in the 7" format with lead dripping off of it?  I'm sure we still haven't had any more details of that item for a while.

-Windebieste.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

What's become of the lead coated version of NECA's 'ALIEN 3' figure?  Is that still only being available as a chase/exclusive/overpriced f*cker on Ebay release?  Does anyone know yet..?

-Windebieste.

The people on twitter didnt like the idea of a chase fig so they arent going to do it.

Which sounds stupid since this is just the same dog alien. Why not have as many color variations as possible?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 21, 2016, 01:13:26 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Jun 20, 2016, 11:17:12 PM
Looks like the packaging is exactly alike on both Series 8 'A3' Aliens, too.  I thought maybe there might be some text differences but it looks like there aint.  Oh well.  Just another variant to get up Collector's noses, I guess. 

Is it the same re-purposed figure from NECA's earlier release of the character?  I'm guessing it is judging by the one I currently have on hand and comparing to your photos.   This makes it a series 8 reissue of the older figure with the big difference being a paint variant on the grey figure.  I guess the series line up on the backs of the packaging lists all 4 figures for this series will probably be the big factor differentiating between this re-release and the original Series 3 figure. 

It's a nice figure and deserves to be re-issued.  Looks like it even comes with the crummy display stand as well.  Crummy stand is crummy.

-Windebieste.
Expect a 1/4 scale Ox/Dog Alien next year for the 25th anniversary?

I was thinking the same thing would be likely - and I would buy it. 

But wasn't NECA planning a chase version of the character in the 7" format with lead dripping off of it?  I'm sure we still haven't had any more details of that item for a while.

-Windebieste.
Don't know.The 1/4 scale lends itself perfectly to the A3 creature's intricate surface detail-more so than the previous two 1/4 figures,imo.Whether they include a display stand for this monster-sized figure is another matter.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Honestly it's an easy way to keep the line going and some folks love their 1/4 scale stuff. Release all of them in 1.4 scale, I don't care :)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Loving this Wey-Yu Commando.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Need to get mine! Looks so badass.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I don't have any NECA figures but I might have to get me one of those guys, along with maybe a Runner to pose him against.

Also lol at the Resistance Chimera rifle he's holding.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 30, 2016, 06:52:04 PM
Yeah, I don't have any NECA figures but I might have to get me one of those guys, along with maybe a Runner to pose him against.

Also lol at the Resistance Chimera rifle he's holding.

Yeah, it's my version of the M42C scoped rifle from AvP
At least until NECA makes one.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

my pre orders for series 8 came in
skipped series A7 and series P14, P15 (AvP) so this is my first haul of year

i did pick up a couple of the KENNER RIPLEYS and glow in the dark XENO eggs in April but been caught up in work, didn't have time to post them so i threw them in as well

RIPLEY

COMMANDOS n EGGS

"GREY" RUNNER

BROWN vs GREY

i pulled out one of my RUNNERS from series 3 for a quick comparison

BROWN has a gloss wash, the GREY doesn't
i have yet to pick up the BROWN RUNNER from series 8 but i doubt there will be any difference to the one released in series 3

windebieste

windebieste

Woah... way too much good stuff you got there.  Proof! Ripley is a clone.  :laugh:  By the way, she was never a prisoner - only in the sense that she was stuck on F161 could that be considered true.

What differences are in the in the packaging for the 2 Dog/Ox Aliens?  Can you show us the backs of the packages?

I already have a pair of series 3 Dox Aliens and I'm having a little trouble justifying the purchase of the figure once again.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That is quite the haul!  :o I didn't manage to pick up the Kenner Ripley. Might have to have a look on eBay and see how bad it is.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

i'm kinda of glad now that i picked them up when i had the chance

at the time when the LOOT CRATE was announced and all the hype surrounding it
i was thinking surely the NECA exclusive was going to be the KENNER RIPLEY, nope wrong sorry we're getting an GITD 4 pack
granted the 4 pack is cool but an golden opportunity was missed to make the first AD epic

following NECA's play book we should see it again as an re-release in the future i'm willing to bank

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 01, 2016, 10:36:20 AM

What differences are in the in the packaging for the 2 Dog/Ox Aliens?  Can you show us the backs of the packages?

-Windebieste.

sure

yeah if your not army / troop building like myself theres no reason to pick it up unless you missed its first initial release

windebieste

windebieste

Ah, yes!  The text is the same but the graphical content is completely different.  What about the other Alien 3 package  Are both of the new packages the same in this series?

Army building.  No.  Not really into collecting vast quantities of the same NECA figure.  I have a few duplicate items, sure.  A couple Stompys, a pair of Dog aliens and maybe a couple others.  Not exactly army building.  Now, if you want to talk about the '79 Kenner Alien that's a different story.  Got about 3 dozen of those things now.   When the next batch arrives, maybe 40 of them...

Why?  Why the Hell do people collect multiple items of the same thing... Why?  On the surface it makes no sense but I think it's a complex question to ask and I don't even know if there's an answer.  I'm thinking there as many justifiable responses to that question as you would care to think of.  Why even be a fan in the first place?  You might have to start with trying to answer that question before we even look at the quirks of being a Collector...

Some things you just have to accept in other people.  It's part of who we are.   ;D  If you want lash out and buy 15 NECA WY Series 8 Commandos, I celebrate that!  Well done.  Other people will just scratch their head and wonder 'WTF?'.  Eh.  They probably have their weird obsessions too; but lack the pride that makes it worth sharing. 

In other words - Thanks for sharing!  ;)

-Windebieste.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 02, 2016, 07:37:28 AM
Ah, yes!  The text is the same but the graphical content is completely different.  What about the other Alien 3 package  Are both of the new packages the same in this series?
yeah, RIPLEY and the COMMANDO have the same back setup / story writeup

Army building.  No.  Not really into collecting vast quantities of the same NECA figure.  I have a few duplicate items, sure.  A couple Stompys, a pair of Dog aliens and maybe a couple others.  Not exactly army building.

remind me not to show you my T-800 ENDOS an GORILLA SOLDIERS and thats just NECA, i troop army build GI Joe and COD too

Why?  Why the Hell do people collect multiple items of the same thing... Why?  On the surface it makes no sense but I think it's a complex question to ask and I don't even know if there's an answer.  I'm thinking there as many justifiable responses to that question as you would care to think of.  Why even be a fan in the first place?  You might have to start with trying to answer that question before we even look at the quirks of being a Collector...

naw its not complex and the answer is simple... its pure FUN! 8)

i mean come on whats not cool or fun about getting and opening up a butch of kick ass action figures and coming up with and creating your own cool ass battle scenes?

um... no.. anybody, am i the only one? maybe BOB and TLYER can chime on in here and help a fellow army builder out  :laugh:

QuoteIf you want lash out and buy 15 NECA WY Series 8 Commandos, I celebrate that! Well done.
21 now ;D

In other words - Thanks for sharing!  ;)

-Windebieste.

any time

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed