NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,408 times)

GQSioux

GQSioux

Well , well, well.... look what just arrived! Looks like the 2 Dog Aliens shipped separately and will arrive Monday, according to the tracking. More pics to come soon after I open it.

Mrcreosote

Mrcreosote

When can I get hold of the new ripely and wy commando Anyone know! I'm uk based

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Coming soon from Neca. Q scale concept Alien.

Due to popular demand, we're bringing our first #concept figure from Alien to the quarter-scale format!

In the iconic 1979 horror movie, the skin of the #Xenomorph was meant to be almost see-through. H.R. Giger originally had the suit cast in a #translucent flesh-tone but, in one of the many technical hurdles that had to be overcome to bring his creature to life on screen, repeated difficulties with the material forced the change to the coloring seen in the movie.

This incredible action figure stands over 22" tall, and has a hinged jaw that opens, revealing an inner mouth that extends for realistic movie action. It has 25 points of articulation, including double knee joints and a bendable tail, and extra attention has been paid to all the eerie details that made #Giger's designs for #Alien so mesmerizing.

One production run only. Starts shipping out to retailers in October 2016!

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jun 17, 2016, 10:30:58 PM

Due to popular demand, we're bringing our first #concept figure from Alien to the quarter-scale format!

In the iconic 1979 horror movie, the skin of the #Xenomorph was meant to be almost see-through. H.R. Giger originally had the suit cast in a #translucent flesh-tone but, in one of the many technical hurdles that had to be overcome to bring his creature to life on screen, repeated difficulties with the material forced the change to the coloring seen in the movie.

This incredible action figure stands over 22" tall, and has a hinged jaw that opens, revealing an inner mouth that extends for realistic movie action. It has 25 points of articulation, including double knee joints and a bendable tail, and extra attention has been paid to all the eerie details that made #Giger's designs for #Alien so mesmerizing.

Damn, I was hoping a 1/4 Scale Dog Alien was next.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I'm sure we'll see it.

GQSioux

GQSioux

A couple of more photos:

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Not mine, but I had to show off the amazing work of Brandon Flores...

windebieste

windebieste

Nice diorama.

Oh, and quarter scale translucent concept Alien coming too.   Niiiiiice.  Looking forward to seeing that hit shelves later this year - if it doesn't get delayed like a lot of NECA stuff has been in the past. 

-Windebieste.

GQSioux

GQSioux

a few other pics:

Darth Rinzler

Darth Rinzler

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2016, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 06:48:41 PM
The K-species were the green ones from AvP Extinction, right?

You got it!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H9mxmTFw22A/TrpyvV8MaVI/AAAAAAAAANY/yb6fQb4fiO0/s1600/avp+extiction+load+tela.jpghttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/images/games/avpextinction/aliens/alien08.jpg

More yellowish, I'd say.

Bit OT, but did you catch the possible reference to the K-Series in Aliens: Invasion?
Spoiler
About it being a disaster when W-Y tried genetically modifying xenos.
[close]

I thought it was a bit of a dig towards Resurrection.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 21, 2016, 12:23:44 AM
I like it and hate it at the same time. Simple repaint. I don't have a "Red Hive" to build up so these are of little interest to me. I will pick up a box set sure, but won't be opening any. K Series? Same opinion but an entire "Aliens V Predator Extinction" Line? SIGN ME UP!!! That's my dream team #facehuggerfriday reveal.

God, I would love a Ravenger or Carrier.

I would love both versions of Ravenger.  Anyway that reference cant be resurrection, they werent WY but United system military.  Which claimed wy was bought by walmart.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Side by side, the new grey (left) and brown (right) variants of the Dog Alien don't look that much different color-wise.

Just snapped this after opening, Brown (left) Grey (right):

windebieste

windebieste

Looks like the packaging is exactly alike on both Series 8 'A3' Aliens, too.  I thought maybe there might be some text differences but it looks like there aint.  Oh well.  Just another variant to get up Collector's noses, I guess. 

Is it the same re-purposed figure from NECA's earlier release of the character?  I'm guessing it is judging by the one I currently have on hand and comparing to your photos.   This makes it a series 8 reissue of the older figure with the big difference being a paint variant on the grey figure.  I guess the series line up on the backs of the packaging lists all 4 figures for this series will probably be the big factor differentiating between this re-release and the original Series 3 figure. 

It's a nice figure and deserves to be re-issued.  Looks like it even comes with the crummy display stand as well.  Crummy stand is crummy.

What's become of the lead coated version of NECA's 'ALIEN 3' figure?  Is that still only being available as a chase/exclusive/overpriced f*cker on Ebay release?  Does anyone know yet..?

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Jun 20, 2016, 10:40:38 PM
Looks like the packaging is exactly alike on both Series 8 'A3' Aliens, too.  I thought maybe there might be some text differences but it looks like there aint.  Oh well.  Just another variant to get up Collector's noses, I guess. 

Is it the same re-purposed figure from NECA's earlier release of the character?  I'm guessing it is judging by the one I currently have on hand and comparing to your photos.   This makes it a series 8 reissue of the older figure with the big difference being a paint variant on the grey figure.  I guess the series line up on the backs of the packaging lists all 4 figures for this series will probably be the big factor differentiating between this re-release and the original Series 3 figure. 

It's a nice figure and deserves to be re-issued.  Looks like it even comes with the crummy display stand as well.  Crummy stand is crummy.

What's become of the lead coated version of NECA's 'ALIEN 3' figure?  Is that still only being available as a chase/exclusive/overpriced f*cker on Ebay release?  Does anyone know yet..?

-Windebieste.
Expect a 1/4 scale Ox/Dog Alien next year for the 25th anniversary?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Wow the 1/4 Warrior looks great. Wish my TRU carried that scale.
Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 20, 2016, 09:32:01 PM
Side by side, the new grey (left) and brown (right) variants of the Dog Alien don't look that much different color-wise.

I couldn't even tell the difference until you opened them. That's bad. Really bad. C'mon NECA!
Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 18, 2016, 02:36:34 AM
A couple of more photos:

That second picture? Nice display. What do you use? Are those the book shelf cubby-hole things? Would love a frontal shot showcasing the whole thing.

A chase figure in the big scale huh? It sucks that I can't find the Alien 1/4 Big Chap for less than $125. Now there's another coming out? Geez...

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Jun 20, 2016, 11:33:02 PM
Wow the 1/4 Warrior looks great. Wish my TRU carried that scale.
Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 20, 2016, 09:32:01 PM

I couldn't even tell the difference until you opened them. That's bad. Really bad. C'mon NECA!
Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 18, 2016, 02:36:34 AM
A couple of more photos:

That second picture? Nice display. What do you use? Are those the book shelf cubby-hole things? Would love a frontal shot showcasing the whole thing.

A chase figure in the big scale huh? It sucks that I can't find the Alien 1/4 Big Chap for less than $125. Now there's another coming out? Geez...

I'll try to take a better photo of it later, but I do have a video of it with the LED lights in action. It's a grey/black bookcase by a company called Monarch. I added LED puck lights inside to help light up the action figures. The larger 1/4 figures sit on top of it like in the photo above.

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13300983_1722205598038623_1618521537_n.mp4

Here's a link to the actual bookcase. It's pictured vertical here but I laid it horizontally:

https://www.amazon.com/Monarch-Specialties-Hollow-Core-Bookcase-71-Inch/dp/B00QUEDHBY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466467282&sr=8-1&keywords=monarch+bookcase+black

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed