NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,612 times)

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

For Newt, Randy said he has a "fairly solid plan B" and that he can't talk about it now. 

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That WY Commando figure is pretty solid, I'll definitely be getting that. The in-package photo shows 2 pairs of goggles and they both seem identical, is one just a spare in case you lose the first?

Still on the fence on A3 Ripley, I'll wait to see it in person.

drsmuts

drsmuts

A3 Ripley looks great. Her and the WY Commando are must haves.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Otter on May 27, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 27, 2016, 12:28:38 AM
Anyone going to comic con want to pick me up a Newt figure? We can work something out and I can throw in something extra for your time.

Didn't Randy say Newt will be fairly readily availble through other channels after the con?

But if you gotta have her straight away, I can respect that.

Is that a current statement or the old one?
Cause that's the reason a bunch of people are mad at them. They keep saying how their stuff is available to the people that want it, which is true, but this time around they completely went the other way.

As of now all the figs are CC exclusive on-site.

I know Randy said he  is pushing for Newt but that is not a guarantee.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2016, 07:40:06 AM
I'm liking the looks of A3 Ripley. Assuming she looks good in person, I might finally pick up a Ripley!
What sold me on the Alien Ripley was that is came with the flamethrower and Jones. But, it was mostly Jones that pushed it into must buy territory for me!

windebieste

windebieste

NECA must make 1/4 scale Jones figure to match their Alien. 

MUST! :laugh:

-Windebieste.

Otter

Otter

I'd be tempted by that to stand in as a 1:4 Klunk with my 1:4 ninja turtles. ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Definitely getting one of those Commandos!

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 21, 2016, 06:00:29 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 20, 2016, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 06:51:24 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 06:48:41 PM
The K-species were the green ones from AvP Extinction, right?

You got it!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-H9mxmTFw22A/TrpyvV8MaVI/AAAAAAAAANY/yb6fQb4fiO0/s1600/avp+extiction+load+tela.jpghttp://www.avpgalaxy.net/images/games/avpextinction/aliens/alien08.jpg

More yellowish, I'd say.

Bit OT, but did you catch the possible reference to the K-Series in Aliens: Invasion?
Spoiler
About it being a disaster when W-Y tried genetically modifying xenos.
[close]

I thought it was a bit of a dig towards Resurrection.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 21, 2016, 12:23:44 AM
I like it and hate it at the same time. Simple repaint. I don't have a "Red Hive" to build up so these are of little interest to me. I will pick up a box set sure, but won't be opening any. K Series? Same opinion but an entire "Aliens V Predator Extinction" Line? SIGN ME UP!!! That's my dream team #facehuggerfriday reveal.

God, I would love a Ravenger or Carrier.
As would I. Even the Praetorian and Predalien are technically unique in design to the game. The Predator designs would be great as there are, what, 7 or so models? I'm just going off memory. Same with Marines.
Quote from: DaddyYautja on May 28, 2016, 02:10:24 PM
Quote from: Otter on May 27, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 27, 2016, 12:28:38 AM
Anyone going to comic con want to pick me up a Newt figure? We can work something out and I can throw in something extra for your time.

Didn't Randy say Newt will be fairly readily availble through other channels after the con?

But if you gotta have her straight away, I can respect that.

Is that a current statement or the old one?
Cause that's the reason a bunch of people are mad at them. They keep saying how their stuff is available to the people that want it, which is true, but this time around they completely went the other way.

As of now all the figs are CC exclusive on-site.

I know Randy said he  is pushing for Newt but that is not a guarantee.
I have to say if they don't offer the figures online through NECA Club like they have in years past, I'll be really angry. One of the first CC Exclusives I really want (Newt) and they have some nonsense clause about not being able to sell them outside of it? Like we can all drop a couple thousand bucks to fly out there, hotel, food, tickets etc AND purchase their exclusive toys...

Otter

Otter

ebay.  Someone will be flogging them.  Yes there'll be an obscene mark-up, but I'd rather have the figure than not have the figure.

I understand it's not for everyone though, and some people are more able to hold their ground when it comes to feeding the scalpers.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Otter on Jun 03, 2016, 09:20:42 AM
ebay.  Someone will be flogging them.  Yes there'll be an obscene mark-up, but I'd rather have the figure than not have the figure.

I understand it's not for everyone though, and some people are more able to hold their ground when it comes to feeding the scalpers.
That's the thing. Some of the SDCC figures are still available at a reasonable markup price. Others are ridiculous. It all depends on the market. Buy too many too soon and they sky-rocket in price or buy too few and people will hold on to them to wait for a better time to sell. Can't win.

Otter

Otter

I'm hoping that Popcultcha will stock Newt locally.  They have always stocked the SDCC exclusives in the past.  I feel like I read somewhere that Newt might be harder to get than previous exclusives, but I don't know how much of that was just people getting tied up in the ire about the ninja turtles exclusives.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

Series 8 just hit neca's ebay!

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Picked up Amanda Ripley. Pretty happy with her.

Waiting on the Marines to come now.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I love that you have the Alien behind her in the pic. Its like she's going, this thing is beeping like hell, but where is it? lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed