Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,023 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Cool vid dude! Really want to grab that figure

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Otter on May 02, 2016, 08:23:42 PM
I'd really like Burke, but I don't think that will ever happen.  Maybe as part of a two pack with a Ripley variant.

I don't think we'll see a Burke either. NECA are quite transparent with the fact human figures doesn't sell very well when compared to the creatures and I think a Burke figure would be something they don't think would sell well at all.

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 02, 2016, 11:25:04 PM
The concept figure has a great backstory but I do not like the way they are doing it. The scale is incorrect. The tongue thing looks hideous. I don't think it's accurate. Will I buy it? Yes. Will I be 100% satisfied? No. Just being honest. 

I'm with you there. I loved the transparent concept but I'm not completely satisfied with this new drone. I'll probably pick it up for the novelty factor though.

Otter

Otter

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2016, 07:43:15 AM

I don't think we'll see a Burke either. NECA are quite transparent with the fact human figures doesn't sell very well when compared to the creatures...

This is what makes me so chuffed with what we've received from Aliens so far.  I collected the figures from Predator which were effectively 1:1 Dutch:predator.  With Aliens (at least in terms of from the Aliens flick, which is what I've been buying) the ratio of humans:xenomorphs seems much higher.  I guess the good thing with the xenomorph is NECA can release variants of the same mold of the creature (and it sells) to support the new sculpts required for humans.  I'm honestly sated with what we are getting so far in terms of marines.  Anything else is gravy.

Mmmm... Ferro flavoured gravy.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Randy just posted on Twitter about the possibility of getting a domed variant of the Aliens alien.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/727500725589315584

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

How about the Box Alien?

lightsyder

lightsyder

I know everyone is hoping for Drake but I then I saw a tweet from Randy saying they didn't have his likeness.  Went back looking for it but I couldn't find it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

^^ Same for Ash and Ian Holm.

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

I'm surprised people WANT more repaints.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: elemental-of-all on May 03, 2016, 03:56:26 PM
I'm surprised people WANT more repaints.

Depends on the individual fan probably. Personally, I'm not into repaints because I see it as I'm buying the same figure over & over regardless of what color it is. 1 or 2 is sufficient for me not a whole bunch of the same so it's easy for me to pass on certain ones but that's me. Sure I would buy each Alien from each series if it's movie related but concept ones likes that new albino drone I can pass on. I already have 1 warrior from Aliens & the Genocide double pack so I feel I'm good on those Xeno's that's having 3 of the same fig. I only just need a figure for the 1st Alien, the Dog Alien & A Queen. But every collector is different. Some want the entire series no matter what gets released, some are like me & only want select figures.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 30, 2016, 10:30:30 AM
Well the giant tongue of this albino alien makes it look as if it's been infected by the vampiric parasite from Guillermo Del Torro's The Strain, and perhaps it has just sucked someone dry going by the reddish colours running through it.
Well, the Newborn was supposed to be a Vampire.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 03, 2016, 02:26:39 PM
Randy just posted on Twitter about the possibility of getting a domed variant of the Aliens alien.

A Domed Warrior Alien could actually be pretty interesting.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: g2vd on May 03, 2016, 07:17:23 PM
Well the giant tongue of this albino alien makes it look as if it's been infected by the vampiric parasite from Guillermo Del Torro's The Strain, and perhaps it has just sucked someone dry going by the reddish colours running through it.

I did a domed warrior alien custom once. (all I did was take a big chap's dome and stuck it on the alien soldier from the ALIENS line) it's a pretty cool effect.

g2vd

g2vd

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 03, 2016, 10:08:45 PM

I did a domed warrior alien custom once. (all I did was take a big chap's dome and stuck it on the alien soldier from the ALIENS line) it's a pretty cool effect.
Cool. Did you have any pictures of it?

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: g2vd on May 03, 2016, 10:20:20 PM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on May 03, 2016, 10:08:45 PM

Cool. Did you have any pictures of it?

I didn't I'm afraid, but it's an interesting effect when the dome is from the series 2 giger xenos for some reason. I think it's because they changed the plastic density/quality or something. but yeah it's still a cool effect.  only issue I had was the back of the head didn't fit.

T Dog

T Dog

What's the story with the Molten Alien 3 Xeno Dog and the other Alien 3 stuff in general? Are there release dates?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I thought that the Weyland Commando and Alien3 Ripley will be out in June. I would like to know the time frame about the Molten Xeno variant myself!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed