NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,113 times)

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 14, 2015, 12:49:07 PM
Could anyone quickly tell me the quality of the NECA Queen? Plastic, factory defects, articulations, etc.

Everything about her is awesome sculpt, paint, the works.
Only slight issue I have is because of her weight one of her leg joints is a lot more loose than I would like, so it won't support her properly if I wanted to stand her more upright. But it's a solid 8.5/10 I wouldn't pass on it.

As for future releases, I'm sad to see series 5 have the genocide figs. I guess its great if you want more black warriors or for people who have missed the 2 pack. But its not for me. Runner, Ripley w/flamethrower and bishop torn in half are my targets for the next few months.
Powerloader after that.

I can't wait to see what they do with the Resurrection/avp aliens. I still have the avpr warrior they released and I really enjoy it, its well made.

Vark_

Vark_

Talking about the Queen, she seems to have found the perfect match.
We have here : power loader + series 5 Ripley + open egg + facehugger

khas

khas

I think Neca has not been greatly complicated the series 5 ... the only novelty is Ripley 86.
Another issue is the date of sale. On Twitter say that for July, but lately seeing delays, I think we will not see anything until September ...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: elemental-of-all on Feb 14, 2015, 09:02:08 PM
Quote from: Omegazilla on Feb 14, 2015, 12:49:07 PM
Could anyone quickly tell me the quality of the NECA Queen? Plastic, factory defects, articulations, etc.

Everything about her is awesome sculpt, paint, the works.
Only slight issue I have is because of her weight one of her leg joints is a lot more loose than I would like, so it won't support her properly if I wanted to stand her more upright. But it's a solid 8.5/10 I wouldn't pass on it.

As for future releases, I'm sad to see series 5 have the genocide figs. I guess its great if you want more black warriors or for people who have missed the 2 pack. But its not for me. Runner, Ripley w/flamethrower and bishop torn in half are my targets for the next few months.
Powerloader after that.

I can't wait to see what they do with the Resurrection/avp aliens. I still have the avpr warrior they released and I really enjoy it, its well made.
Thanks dude. Are factory deformations common?

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

In my experiences, not very. But since these are mass produced they definitely happen. Most recent one for me was the aliens genocide 2 pack. Black aliens jaw is extremely loose and pops off if I open it.
Nothing that really changes my decision to buy figures though. I'd probably say 1/10 figs I buy have a slight deformation to them.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The amount of money I'm going to spend because of Neca (again, seeing as how I took a break from my squad building) hurts to think about.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I recently ordered the Queen for a little present for myself, which arrived tonight.

Good lord, this thing is beautiful. In my opinion, probably one of the best thing NECA has ever made.

I took some photos of her too, which you can see in my thread in the fan art boards.

I'm so happy I purchased this figure.

Quarax

elemental-of-all

elemental-of-all

I remember buying the original 2007/08 22 inch alien for less than half that.... What a joke. I'll pass.

Vark_

Vark_

Yup, I agree ; unless it shows major improvements on the sculpt / paint, this price isn't relevant for a fully ABS figure.

As a matter of fact, the 2007 / 22 inches Big Chap you're talking about still sells around 50-60$ on the occasion market if you have a sharp eye.
And since it's still a great alternative in this range of huge posable figures, I guess the former Big Chap will be a valuable opponent to the new Big Chap they're going to release.
NECA vs NECA. Irony of fate  ;D.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What ALIEN and ALIENS models are in scale with the Alien Queen?

Vark_

Vark_

If you mean NECA's queen, the whole NECA Alien Series is on scale with her.
MacFarlane old 7" figures are approximately on scale too.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah precisely. Thank you! :)

richardatwood76

richardatwood76

Anyone else having issues with the NECA Aliens stress fractured from the factory?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed