NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,750 times)

khas

khas

You think there will be more characters, apart from Ripley in series 5?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They need to milk Dallas and Kane, don't they?

Vark_

Vark_

We can expect many things indeed, for Randy Falk (NECA's head) said last year there will be figures from every movie of the quadrilogy for the 35th birthday.

Now clearly Aliens is the movie they dealt with the most so far, with many warrior aliens and USCM, the queen, Bishop, and the upcoming Ripley and Power loader.
Then Alien comes next, with the big chap, 2 Ripleys, and 2 of the Nostromo crew in space suit (+ the upcoming big chap in large scale).
As for today, Alien3 has only the Dog Alien, and Resurrection "zippo"  ::) (as Hudson would say).

So I think they are to introduce some figures from these 2 last movies, even if they were not as popular as the former ones.
If you ask me, we're not about to see many USCM coming, I'd die for a smart gunner but it's no secret they had trouble to get the likenesses.
If you think about characters (human or not) out of Alien 3 & 4 that could be worth buying for NECA fans and eventually deserve to be mass-produced, I bet only on iconic ones : Dillon / Aaron / Jonher / Call, Resurrection warrior and Newborn, and Ripley from these movies perhaps ? I'd personaly like to see more of the Nostromo crew... Lambert (for she's in a spacesuit, so really easy to make) and Ash. The whole team actually... but hey, likenesses, again...

Pure speculation  ;D

NECA's first goal was to get Sigourney, they succeeded, but I hope they've not given up on other characters.
And let's keep in mind there might be a Series 6 after that, NECA's Alien figures seem to be one of their best-selling lines ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd very much love to see the Dog Handlers. I'd die for that.

khas

khas

I also hope that someday Neca, make a figure of Weyland commandos

newbeing

newbeing

Saw the Queen figure at Newbury comics. Was tempted to pick it up, but that is a big purchase so close to the holidays. Box looked great.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

pretty sure Randy of NECA confirmed Weyland Commandos already on the NECA_TOYS twitter.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 17, 2014, 04:37:57 PM
Saw the Queen figure at Newbury comics. Was tempted to pick it up, but that is a big purchase so close to the holidays. Box looked great.

Reckon you'll go back and get it after the holidays?

Quote from: slaysaliens on Dec 18, 2014, 06:44:45 AM
pretty sure Randy of NECA confirmed Weyland Commandos already on the NECA_TOYS twitter.

When was this?

Vark_

Vark_

Some more about the eggs.
Like I thought, sealed AND open ones  ;). And look what's inside !

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 18, 2014, 08:21:11 AM
Quote from: newbeing on Dec 17, 2014, 04:37:57 PM

Reckon you'll go back and get it after the holidays?

Quote from: slaysaliens on Dec 18, 2014, 06:44:45 AM

When was this?

Yep, I remember sometime ago Randy confirmed that the Weyland commandos from Alien 3 are on its way.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Vark_ on Dec 19, 2014, 07:23:56 PM
Some more about the eggs.
Like I thought, sealed AND open ones  ;). And look what's inside !

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/q81/p480x480/1013521_843982952330758_4843698957479791138_n.jpg?oh=ae7a6d64018a5e96b9c35e317613bbe4&oe=553BFFE9&__gda__=1429625540_3e476072b9813228bf09853d2cee3fc2

awesome eggs, but I think I'd like for them to be translucent and maybe have a light up feature.

Vark_

Vark_

The huge scale egg + jumping facehugger had these features. Though I'd like these new 7"-scale eggs have these characteristics, I wouldn't count on it much due to the small size and of course the price.

If you ask me I think they're gonna be sold as "bonus gift", like Jonesey in series 4. For instance, sealed egg with a figure, open egg + facehugger in another package, just to make sure we buy them both.

drsmuts

drsmuts

Series 3 seems to have arrived in the UK.

Ordered Kane and Doggie from a retailer in Amazon and they should be dispatched today.

skull-splitter

Vermillion

Vermillion

Still miss the original pulse rifle sound. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed