NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,979 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Fair point :laugh:

I've just always wanted a Runner figure that's actually screen accurate. It's my fav design aside from the original, and we've had a few nigh-perfect representations of the original, including from NECA. Virtually all the Runners look like crap, though :P

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

despite the face and the way the mouth looks like it won't open. I'm still getting this guy! he still looks like a gem to put on the shelf and it would help support NECA, thus we'll come closer to the Queen herself!

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Bishop, the Runner and Kane are gonna be definite buys for me.

Vark_

Vark_

Wow, all these new figures are outstanding, I can't wait to see more pics - and get my hands on them !
I noticed that Kane, Bishop and the runner are displayed on the same stand, maybe they will be released simultaneously... Soon we'll know.

- Dallas and Kane are a good pair, suits / plates / helmets are highly detailed (the facehugged helmet looks so cool !), and the way they painted them distinctively will look great in display side by side.
- The Runner design isn't exactly screen accurate, agreed, but far above the crappy MacFarlane for the price ! Headsculpt actually reminds me a lot of my Sideshow Alien3 Diorama, plus the paintjob is very decent.
Looks like the mouth won't open like Titanosaur said, however take a close look to the joints which seem to be very well hidden. I'm not complaining at all on this one.
- Power loader is a hell of an unexpected badass surprise... I hope it is on scale and can be fitted with figures, so we can get Bishop or random USCM figures onboard. (It's a wild guess I know)

Well, to sum up, this first batch of pics is much rejoicing, I think I'm getting all of them  :)

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

SON OF B$TCH! Power Loader! Hell yeah!  ;D But I knew NECA would do that gadget: I remember the last year NECA replied by tweeter the chances of making a Power Loader would be very scarce. You know, when NECA says something you can figure out it has something between hands  8).
Now the remaining questions are :

1) What the hell happened with the promised Alien queen?  :(Was it cancelled or just pulled back?
2) No Kane, Vasquez, Apone or other marines in the future?
3) I already know Sigourney Weaver don´t lend or license her likeness, but is there any chance or possibility to make a figure?

I already have the Aoshima Power Loeader which IMHO fits perfectly with the still unbeatable McFarlane Alien queen but a second one would be more than welcome. 

I asked by tweeter about the Alien queen and guess what? WE HAVE NEWS!  8)

@NECA_TOYS HOLY CRAP GUYS! POWER LOADER! This year you have my entire wallet! BTW what happened with the promised Alien queen?

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS now

@gridseeker she's still coming. Don't worry

:) 

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Vark_ on Feb 16, 2014, 08:56:47 PM
- The Runner design isn't exactly screen accurate, agreed, but far above the crappy MacFarlane for the price ! Headsculpt actually reminds me a lot of my Sideshow Alien3 Diorama, plus the paintjob is very decent.

NECA actually based their runner figure on the Sideshow Alien3 Diorama :P There was a video tour of Neca last year and one of the artists was working on the Dog Alien while looking at the Diorama :P

That dio was built from the same mold as the rod puppet that was used in the film btw. :P So, yeah.. The neca toy is essentially pretty close to being the diorama figure with articulation... for a smaller price :P

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 16, 2014, 10:41:26 PM
Quote from: Vark_ on Feb 16, 2014, 08:56:47 PM

NECA actually based their runner figure on the Sideshow Alien3 Diorama :P There was a video tour of Neca last year and one of the artists was working on the Dog Alien while looking at the Diorama :P

That dio was built from the same mold as the rod puppet that was used in the film btw. :P So, yeah.. The neca toy is essentially pretty close to being the diorama figure with articulation... for a smaller price :P

Yep, I remember that video tour.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Better picture of the NECA Runner :)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

All this talk makes me wonder, if the Warriors in Aliens once looked like Kane's son but then shed their carapace, what would (essentially) a warrior Runner look like?

It would be cool to see Neca get as creative with the Aliens as the Predators.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quoteif the Warriors in Aliens once looked like Kane's son but then shed their carapace
A common misconception. :)

Definitely want that Runner, Power Loader, and Bishop. Dallas... maybe, but I think I might have to see him in person.

IrateMulletMan

IrateMulletMan

Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 16, 2014, 10:14:48 PM
SON OF B$TCH! Power Loader! Hell yeah!  ;D But I knew NECA would do that gadget: I remember the last year NECA replied by tweeter the chances of making a Power Loader would be very scarce. You know, when NECA says something you can figure out it has something between hands  8).

1) What the hell happened with the promised Alien queen?  :(Was it cancelled or just pulled back?
3) I already know Sigourney Weaver don´t lend or license her likeness, but is there any chance or possibility to make a figure?

I already have the Aoshima Power Loeader which IMHO fits perfectly with the still unbeatable McFarlane Alien queen but a second one would be more than welcome. 

@NECA_TOYS HOLY CRAP GUYS! POWER LOADER! This year you have my entire wallet! BTW what happened with the promised Alien queen?

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS now

Queen is being done by Kyle Windrix, he's been taking it easy since his brother got cancer, and recently passed, hence the delays. Kane was revealed, he's the one with the facehugger on his face.  They said they are taking a break from marines for now, but I believe they said down the line we will get more(I hope).  As for Weaver, Randy said himself a power loader with no Ripley would be pointless, and someone tweeted saying something like "a power loader, does this mean a Ripley figure?" and Randy re-tweeted that tweet.  They still have two figures to reveal for series 4, so I have a good feeling about this.  Fingers crossed! :) 

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Mickey on Feb 17, 2014, 07:40:22 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 16, 2014, 10:14:48 PM

NECA ‏@NECA_TOYS now

Queen is being done by Kyle Windrix, he's been taking it easy since his brother got cancer, and recently passed, hence the delays. Kane was revealed, he's the one with the facehugger on his face.  They said they are taking a break from marines for now, but I believe they said down the line we will get more(I hope).  As for Weaver, Randy said himself a power loader with no Ripley would be pointless, and someone tweeted saying something like "a power loader, does this mean a Ripley figure?" and Randy re-tweeted that tweet.  They still have two figures to reveal for series 4, so I have a good feeling about this.  Fingers crossed! :)

I see. Afterall NECA is a small company so it´s normal they delay its products releases and moreover in the case of Kyle and his late brother (RIP).
OOPS! I mean Drake, NO KANE but hopefully NECA would do more marines for series 4 or 5. As far as I know NECA said the lines 4 and 5 are coming yes or yes due the sales of series 1, so I hope to see Vasquez, DRAKE or Apone, in fact the Weyland Yutani commandos which appear at the end of Alien 3 are confirmed so fingers crossed.
Do you still remember when NECA commented they don´t have the rights to do Dutch? I think for the SDCC of this year they have, maybe, a couple of surprises.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Xenomrph on Feb 17, 2014, 06:36:55 AM
Quoteif the Warriors in Aliens once looked like Kane's son but then shed their carapace
A common misconception. :)

Definitely want that Runner, Power Loader, and Bishop. Dallas... maybe, but I think I might have to see him in person.

How is it a mis-conception? Nothing says otherwise. (I don't take AVP or EU into account.)

Shadow

Shadow

wow, the alien line are moving forward nicely!. i just wish i could say the same with the preds. i really look forward to the queen!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed