Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,973 times)

bobby brown

bobby brown

Working joe!

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 23, 2023, 06:24:08 PMThe Neca Aliens Defiance xeno, based on the Alien from the comic ALiens Defiance by Tristan Jones, that Alien represents his version of a Praetorian (cause he wasn't allowed to use the Big Chap for some reason at the time). Neca's version not only wasn't accurate at all to the comic, it was also just an Alien isolation body with a retooled head. The Praetorian should've been bigger as depicted in the comic, and the head should've been bigger and more accurate IMO.

Game and comic Praetorians and Predaliens are my top pick for their future figures. The Rhino Alien was fantastic. They can reuse that size and parts. More Kenner Aliens are also on my wishlist. 
What do you mean"wasn't able to use the Big Chap"?  He drew one IN that issue. It's the first Alien they come across.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I'm not sure, but I remember them saying something about that. Maybe they weren't allowed to use the Big Chap for implications of eggmorphing back then, so that's why he switched to his Praetorian design. I remember them saying that Scott was having a period of not letting others use some aspects of the Alien (Big Chap) around the time of Covenant. Don't remember if this was before Covenant or probably after, when Scott still believed that a sequel was in the works.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I got the NECA Kenner remake Drake. Makes me wish they'd do Bishop and Hicks. And the Bull Alien.

I'm still salty that the Kenner remake Ripley just came with a smart gun instead of a new-sculpt flamethrower like the original toy. Like, I want to buy it, but the smart gun is kind of a turn off.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

*sighs*

I caved and bought Ripley.

She really needs that flamethrower.

Anyone here handy with 3D modeling/printing and interested in making a few bucks?

Trypticon88

Trypticon88

Hi fellas. So, is the Aliens-line dead and buried now, or is there a chance we'll get new marines down the line, you think?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 17, 2024, 09:43:01 PMHi fellas. So, is the Aliens-line dead and buried now, or is there a chance we'll get new marines down the line, you think?
New stuff? Apparently there's already figures planned for new media (Romulus and/or the TV show?). Probably Aliens and stuff.
Marines? Probably less likely. I'd love it if we got Kenner remakes of Bishop and Hicks to complete the Kenner crew.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

There's more stuff coming. Just quiet at the moment.

Trypticon88

Trypticon88

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 17, 2024, 11:19:22 PMThere's more stuff coming. Just quiet at the moment.

Weeheey(land), I'm so stoked! =D

Wweyland

Wweyland

Still wondering why they didn't do a proper Drake figure.

Trypticon88

Trypticon88

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 25, 2024, 10:54:51 AMStill wondering why they didn't do a proper Drake figure.

They probably couldn't agree on fees etc with Mark Rolston.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Trypticon88 on Jan 25, 2024, 10:56:36 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 25, 2024, 10:54:51 AMStill wondering why they didn't do a proper Drake figure.

They probably couldn't agree on fees etc with Mark Rolston.

I guess the same with Al Matthews (RIP), the actor who played Apone.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Likely not able to agree on likeness of him, or licensing of him. Each actor comes with a dollar attached to their name, and he possibly may have asked for a lot of money. Or it could be something else entirely, it's never so black and white.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 25, 2024, 06:08:06 PM

Likely not able to agree on likeness of him, or licensing of him. Each actor comes with a dollar attached to their name, and he possibly may have asked for a lot of money. Or it could be something else entirely, it's never so black and white.
Whatever it is, it's NECA's fault. Even if it's not their fault, it's actually their fault.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 28, 2024, 03:06:32 AMWhatever it is, it's NECA's fault.

Solid rule to live by.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed