NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,960 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 23, 2023, 10:36:19 AMIf we don't get anything for this Alien Day I'm calling it, Neca's done with it.
Happy Alien Day.

judge death

judge death

Well I think blue might win this bet, started to see rumors from some friends who have good insights in neca and most think Neca has given up on the license and wont renew it, it ends in july and then Disney will sell the rights to the highest bidder. But until then its in Necas hands who clearly ignores and keep silent about it.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I've already give up on any new aliens. I doubt we'll ever see Feral.

Kane's other son

Kane's other son

Good riddance. I'm sick and tired of not getting the figures I want in my country and the ones that do reach these shores ending up costing 50 euros.

bobby brown

bobby brown

to be fair, the made a crazy run with the license. they did perhaps more of it than anybody before.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kane's other son on Apr 28, 2023, 10:46:06 AMGood riddance. I'm sick and tired of not getting the figures I want in my country and the ones that do reach these shores ending up costing 50 euros.

Yeah if we're going to pay Japanese Toy prices for rubber monster quality anyway I'm happy for the license to go elsewhere.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

It'll be McFarlane taking over.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Pls no.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 02, 2023, 03:05:03 AMPls no.
Why?

I'd be good with it.
We'd probably get more human characters than we did with Neca.

littlesprout

littlesprout

I prefer neca to McFarlane. I just wish there were more human characters to size up with the neca aliens and predators for dioramas

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 02, 2023, 04:15:13 AMWhy?

To be fair, only recent stuff I've seen of theirs was the 40k lines - but it looks rough as guts even in the promotional pictures, and no better in person.

QuoteWe'd probably get more human characters than we did with Neca.

For me personally, this isn't a plus.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

McFarlane has stepped up their game quite a bit in the last 5 years or so. Their DC stuff is pretty consistently great (even if like 93% of their output is just Batman variations), they rarely if ever reuse sculpts, they've got solid articulation and paint, good build quality so they don't feel fragile, sculpt work is great, and on top of it all they've managed to keep the price point at roughly $20 for a basic figure (maybe a little more if it's oversized, or comes with a build-a-figure piece). The only thing they really fall a little short on is accessories, but some figures do come with alternate hands, they all come with a foot-peg base, and flying characters always come with an appropriate flight stand.

Their Mortal Kombat and Spawn stuff has been quite good, too.

If you're going to give the A/P license to someone, McFarlane is a pretty solid call.

As for their 40K stuff, I only have two of their figures (a Battle Sister and a Necron Warrior) and I was more than satisfied at the price point.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

You all who love McFarlane, how do you feel about the awesome line that started the Alien and Predator run with them, Movie Maniacs, now being a weird cashgrab that is nothing like the previous version? No horror and very statue-esque poses that don't move or articulated.

https://twitter.com/toyark/status/1656699233146384384?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

There are reasons why McFarlane is being laughed at by regular collectors or you see loads of his figures warming the pegs. Quality control is gone and it's all big cash grabs.

Too many Batmen, awkward scaling and so much more need to be worked out before I want Todd touching the Alien and Predator license again. Not to say NECA has a great track record, or really any company to be honest. But hearing the praise for McFarlane makes me wonder if those praising actually collect his lines. If you do, and you like them, more power to you! I'm just curious to what actually works for you in their figures and lines, and why.

https://twitter.com/dveese/status/1656003569194082322?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

(PS I know Wonder Woman is taller than Catwoman in reality, but really check out the tweets responding to that tweet to hear how many feel about the line and Todd's figures)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 11, 2023, 09:42:01 PMYou all who love McFarlane, how do you feel about the awesome line that started the Alien and Predator run with them, Movie Maniacs, now being a weird cashgrab that is nothing like the previous version? No horror and very statue-esque poses that don't move or articulated.

https://twitter.com/toyark/status/1656699233146384384?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

There are reasons why McFarlane is being laughed at by regular collectors or you see loads of his figures warming the pegs. Quality control is gone and it's all big cash grabs.

Too many Batmen, awkward scaling and so much more need to be worked out before I want Todd touching the Alien and Predator license again. Not to say NECA has a great track record, or really any company to be honest. But hearing the praise for McFarlane makes me wonder if those praising actually collect his lines. If you do, and you like them, more power to you! I'm just curious to what actually works for you in their figures and lines, and why.

https://twitter.com/dveese/status/1656003569194082322?s=46&t=_UkEryu2c2UmLOQcQ5K4SA

(PS I know Wonder Woman is taller than Catwoman in reality, but really check out the tweets responding to that tweet to hear how many feel about the line and Todd's figures)
Yeah I've been highly disappointed by McFarlane over the years, the quality in paint and QC has dropped to almost zero and the Movie Maniacs reveal was just a absolute let down. I was hoping even just a slight rekindling of the old Movie Maniacs but this is just laughable. I don't collect their stuff anymore and would definitely not want them touching the Alien/Predator line these days.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm not up to speed with that end of their output, I just think the flat paints with minimal to no highlighting or washes on their 40k line looks trash.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed