NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 851,735 times)

judge death

judge death

Almost none of necas xenos can stand on their own without using the tail as third leg. If one want them to have a moving pose and the tail up in the air or foward, it will fall down.
Will be interesting to see if the dog runner from fireteam elite can stand without using the tail as support.

Also a display stand protects the joints so they dont get loose after some years from carrying the weight of the figure. Little tip. :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It can, because unlike most of NECA's Aliens, it's good!

judge death

judge death

Oh! Awesome, thanks for those photos, finally they can stand normaly. Cant wait until I have this one and the prowler in the coming 2 months time. :D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 19, 2022, 12:19:36 PMThen I highly recommend one of MAFEX's stands, but I will say, in most cases like an Alien as an example if your figure has issues just getting standing that's not a good figure.
I can agree with that.

Figma has good stands, too.

Edit--- I'll clarify, I'm okay with Aliens using the tail as a third leg, and I'm okay with figures using a small foot-peg stand to help with stability as long as it doesn't massively increase the "footprint" of the figure. All of McFarlane's toys nowadays come with a small foot-peg stand, for example; some of the figures need it, others don't, and overall I'm okay with it.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Been working on a review of the Burster and Runner. Should be up Sunday or Monday if my schedule works out accordingly.

https://twitter.com/mikes_monsters/status/1561180507873849344?s=20&t=dnJwmlcRsZEYQqEqQphnhw

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

My local Target just restocked with more Prowlers so I snagged one! If they were to do another 4 would it be Drone, Warrior, Crusher, Praetorian?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Here's hoping, though sadly I could also see, Drone, Warrior, and... Monica and Irradiated Spitter for reuse purposes.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

If they do the Drone and Warrior, and actually do proper FTE versions rather than yet more re-use/repaints of their existing sculpts, I'd actually consider shelling out even at the outright insane prices.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Gimme them!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Scored the Prowler, Burster, and Spitter at a local toy shop today, they look great in the packaging so far.

I get that there's some parts re-usage across the line because $$$$ (although the TMNT line never seems to have that problem but that's neither here nor there) but the spitter seems... small? Like in the game it always seemed bigger than the Burster, Prowler, and Runner.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 22, 2022, 02:52:34 AMScored the Prowler, Burster, and Spitter at a local toy shop today, they look great in the packaging so far.

I get that there's some parts re-usage across the line because $$$$ (although the TMNT line never seems to have that problem but that's neither here nor there) but the spitter seems... small? Like in the game it always seemed bigger than the Burster, Prowler, and Runner.

As a TMNT collector, I can confirm they actually reuse a ton of parts for the line too. NECA likes to be resourceful in all their lines if they can.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I think with these ones they actually got the game models for the figures, likely making the molds using 3D printing. The Prowler, Burster, and Runner have quite similar models in the game.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

A few days late, but finally got the video done and uploaded!

A comparison and review of the Burster and Runner by NECA from Fireteam Elite.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Amazing Mike, really looked forward to this one, you really know what you are talking about.

I will say with the inner jaw I just had to push it in and up a bit more to get the mouth to close completely.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 24, 2022, 05:12:10 PMAmazing Mike, really looked forward to this one, you really know what you are talking about.

I will say with the inner jaw I just had to push it in and up a bit more to get the mouth to close completely.

Thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to watch! I really have no clue what I'm talking about, so thank you for saying otherwise.

I'll try to push the jaw in even more. Mine might be out of alignment or something, because I've been trying to push it in. But I'll give it another shot. Thanks for the tip!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed