NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 850,699 times)

Xiggz456

Xiggz456

Went to Target to buy dog food and ended up buying the Burster while I was at it lol. They also got more of the Runner in stock and it looks like the Burster is the exact same mold as the Runner but with translucent green areas throughout its sculpt. So I'm slightly more hesitant about getting the Runner although the completionist in me will probably take over and I'll end up buying it anyway lol.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Here are the Aliens I have currently set up.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Excellent posing.  8)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Makes me want that Resurrection Alien to my own surprise.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Thank you everyone!

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Your posing is 11/10! It's a nitpick I have when I see so many reviewers on YouTube who don't know how to pose their figures at all, posing is essential in bringing a figure to life. I love when I see people who put so much care into that as many on these forums do.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 14, 2022, 10:35:30 PMYour posing is 11/10! It's a nitpick I have when I see so many reviewers on YouTube who don't know how to pose their figures at all, posing is essential in bringing a figure to life. I love when I see people who put so much care into that as many on these forums do.
Thank you very much! I definitely agree with you, like you said, a figure needs realism in its posing to the character it represents to really look like a living breathing thing. I do truly try to replicate that when posing to match scenes in the films or try to at the very least make it look like the character would act.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm just here trying to keep them standing... :laugh:

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 07:48:03 AMI'm just here trying to keep them standing... :laugh:
lol honestly they are doomed without the base/stands so I understand.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I did end up finding these clamp stands that I really like with the Aliens but sometimes it still is about trying to keep them from trying to topple over even with a clamp around their waist.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 08:28:19 AMI did end up finding these clamp stands that I really like with the Aliens but sometimes it still is about trying to keep them from trying to topple over even with a clamp around their waist.

That's because every Alien before their AFE ones sucked.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

If it helps, I use Bandai Tamashii Nations Stage Act stands and I've liked them.

Examples with my stuff (S.H Figuarts).

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

That's the same Tamashii stand I use for my Resurrection Alien Warrior. Good stands. There is also a really good third party stand on eBay with a flexible arm and multiple head clip options for $17, you just type in "Flexible Dynamic Stand 1/6 or 1/12 in the search engine and it's the hexagon shaped base with the flexible arm. I have never had an alien fall over with one of those and is good quality. The Base is a decent size and not too large, perfect actually for neca aliens. Looks like this:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 15, 2022, 06:50:50 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 08:28:19 AMI did end up finding these clamp stands that I really like with the Aliens but sometimes it still is about trying to keep them from trying to topple over even with a clamp around their waist.

That's because every Alien before their AFE ones sucked.
I quite like a lot of their Aliens.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm saying that Aaron having trouble making them stand's not his fault, but the quality standards, that has recently changed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed