It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 95,941 times)

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 24, 2017, 03:41:24 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 24, 2017, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Feb 24, 2017, 01:57:32 PM
I was looking on the SuperHeroHype forum and I found this:
Spoiler
"The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), from the Prometheus expedition, which disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The Covenant is piloted by Daniels's friend Tennessee (Danny McBride) and the crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows Shaw's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures outside their ship and some of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. It is determined they've contracted an alien pathogen and Archer has them quarantined aboard the Covenant.

Monstrous creatures known as "Neomorphs" burst from the infected crewmen's bodies and begin slaughtering the crew, forcing the survivors to flee into the forest, where they are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew. He reveals that Shaw sacrificed herself to crash a spaceship against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth, leaving him stranded on Paradise.

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that David in fact murdered Shaw. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposed numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, to the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer, leading to the birth of a Primal Xenomorph.

Daniels and Tennessee realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and escape back to the Covenant with Walter in order to leave Paradise. Together, Daniels and Tennessee manage to kill the Primal Xenomorph and the Neomorphs and detonate explosives to destroy David's laboratory, with David himself apparently perishing in the explosion.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting to proceed to the next phase of his experiment.

Possibly the next movie will show how engineers were not THE benevolant higher power beings we wanted them to be,they were just a race being pawns of another higher race or higher power but stronger and a lot more advanced within the same race.The engineers we see in lv 223 and 426 are not the same we will see in covenant. The covenant ones are not as advanced...they are like a "primal indigenous" version of the true engineers who mastered the black goo chemical,this engineers are evil and the next sequels will cover more about them and what the black goo is trully capable of,i heard the idea we will follow is that the xenomorph as we know it was never the ultimate organism just one of the variations of the very first "creature" the chemical was made off, at this moment we see the xeno as the big bad beast(queen mostly) but i believe we will have another one to worship as the true perfect organisms.
[close]
Sound pretty interesting. Most of it isn't new, but the end part is, I think. If the movie after Covenant is indeed like this person describes, I think it would be pretty cool. But Covenant isn't even out yet so anything can still happen, of course.

Spoiler
I hope David being the one who created the first Alien egg isn't true.
[close]
Yeah, I agree.
Spoiler
I hope (and think) David is just recreating the eggs.
[close]

Yeah I think this is true. I think David simply figures out, through trial and error, what makes an egg. I think Prometheus did a cheap thing with the whole "2,000 years ago the Engineers fled this outbreak and all their chests have been burst open" so it would be an easy possible explanation for the Jockey in the first film looking so old (a Xeno laid eggs on the ship and the Engineer didn't know it, etc.). By showing/telling us that David was able to make these eggs after years of playing around with the goo, it should serve more as a "this is what the goo can do" rather than "David made the first egg!" The latter wouldn't make sense because it wouldn't explain the Jockey in the first film and the abundance of eggs on the derelict, etc.  It would also fit in with Ridley's vision that the Jockey was carrying a butt load of eggs to drop somewhere as weapons but they emerged too soon and he crashed, right?

I think we can agree Lindelof replacing eggs with vases of goo complicated things for no good reason. I appreciate any attempt for this film to do more with it simply because I don't love a retcon.

ReluctantNerd

unless the colonists become the eggs on LV426...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 24, 2017, 05:10:57 PM
I think i know why Branson is sick??

Spoiler
I remember hearing that there is a scene where Daniels is watching a video message from him when he is mountain climbing... maybe he was sick cause of that??
[close]

Altitude sickness?  ???

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 24, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

Spoiler
I remember hearing that there is a scene where Daniels is watching a video message from him when he is mountain climbing... maybe he was sick cause of that??
[close]

Altitude sickness?  ???
Maybe from the snowy terrain???

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 24, 2017, 05:00:18 PM
Well you're not supposed to see Prometheus or Covenant before Alien, in that sense.

There's a difference between mystery and...not using the universe's potential and expanding.

The universe has lots potential, it should be only expanded olny in a way that it would add to the value, not deteriorate it. Classics of  that caliber should be only approached if the ideas and the script is f**king amazing, not just because. Prometheus f**ked it up and so will Covenant, after this i'm now almost certain it will. Reality is, the closest we got to the look and feel of the classics is a video game. Alien:Isolation even with it's issues is possibly the last good thing we got from the franchise.

Someone mentioned The Forever War, R.Scott should have done that instead. There are many amazing sci-fi stories to be told on the big screen, why mess with your legacy. The Martian turned out quite good.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 24, 2017, 05:22:48 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 24, 2017, 05:21:15 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Altitude sickness?  ???

Maybe from the snowy terrain???

You don't catch colds and flu's from snowy terrain or any kind of terrain for that matter.

Enoch

No but low temperature affects the immune system.
Am I correct?

QuoteSome of this may have to do with a few infectious organisms, like flu viruses, thriving in colder temperatures, but there's also evidence that exposure to cold temperatures suppresses the immune system, so the opportunities for infection increase.

http://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/out-in-the-cold

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Severe cold can weaken it, but you usually catch a cold or flu when you're cooped-up inside with other people.

Oh and viruses don't "thrive" in cold environments.

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 24, 2017, 05:31:21 PM
Severe cold can weaken it, but you usually catch a cold or flu when you're cooped-up inside with other people.

Thats correct too... but only when those people already contracted the disease.

QuoteOh and viruses don't "thrive" in cold environments.

I m not a virologist, I really wouldnt know. That Harvard article says differently.
I know that many types of viruses thrive on mildly elevated temperatures, some thrive on lower...
and its easy to assume that some can replicate in cold temperature conditions.

Ingwar

I he caught flu during the mountain climbing it would have happened long before Covenant mission. Don't make unimportant theories. Come on :)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Enoch on Feb 24, 2017, 05:34:01 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 24, 2017, 05:31:21 PM

Thats correct too... but only when those people already contracted the disease.

That's right. That's why astronauts are usually put into isolation weeks before their flight. So when you're in space, if no-one else with you has a cold or flu then no-one will catch a cold or flu on the trip.

Enoch

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Feb 24, 2017, 05:35:56 PM
I he caught flu during the mountain climbing it would have happened long before Covenant mission. Don't make unimportant theories. Come on :)
It was just a thought i had. :laugh:

Enoch

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 24, 2017, 05:39:40 PM
It was just a thought i had. :laugh:

We should appreciate your thought. Now that you ve mentioned it, please look how Crudup reacted when Branson/Franco said that he is feeling sick... Very strange reaction if you ask me.

reecebomb

Quote from: Darth Vile on Feb 24, 2017, 11:56:54 AM

For me personally it makes no difference. The mystery in Alien wasn't specifically a part of the narrative (e.g. who is Luke Skywalker's dad?), the mystery was inferred. Don't get me wrong, I much prefer the notion that the derelict and space jockey were ancient and I'd rather David not be responsible for xenos, but it doesnt spoil my enjoyment of Alien and Aliens... just as The Force Awakens doesn't spoil my enjoyment of The Empire Strikes Back. And that will apply to 99% of the general audience. The film will stand on its own merits. If it's good, great. If it's bad, we still have the films we like...

Maybe it depends person to person. Shit non canon crossovers like AvP movies don't bother me at all, but i can't look past direct prequels helmed by the same director. Come to thing of it , The Thing prequel made no difference to me, i can still enjoy the 1982 classic, i guess i'm a bigger fan of Alien in the end, so it affects me more. That i don't remember The Thing prequel having any stupid shit like black goo, in fact i don't remember much of it at all, thankfully  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed