Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 96,004 times)

Corporal Hicks

I thought the same thing. But I just dig it. I don't know why, but I do. Again, none of this is how I would have visualised a take on that script, but I'm just loving it for some reason.

Voodoo Magic

#Don'tBeACapeHater

Just finished it. Nothing spectacular but I did enjoy it. Going to give it a second read before I score it.

hfeldhaus

How often are the issues going to be released?

Miguel

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 10, 2020, 09:45:50 PM
How often are the issues going to be released?

One issue per month.

Rambo

Rambo

Did anyone else catch the part where the planetoid has a diameter of 120km (1% of Earth) but a gravity of 86% of Earth? Was that pulled directly from the original script before any science advisors made their recommended edits? Even if it was solid metal, I don't think you'd close the gap on that one.

Admittedly blending more real-world thought than I should.

Kimarhi

It's been discussed before.  I think in the ADF book they mention not to tell Brett and Parker the diameter because they would be out prospecting for heavy metals.

There is evidence of it being much bigger than originally put forth in Alien in the sequel.

Rambo

Rambo

Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah, it seems in the film and in ADF's novel the diameter is 1,200km (10x smaller than earth). Here in this comic it is another 10x smaller (120km).

Russ840

It could have a highly dense core to give it the mass required for that level of gravity.

SpaceKase

Oh man, everyone hears the 2 hour day thing and instantly glosses it over. It's been there since 1979 and every time we all just scratch it right out of our brains and let it disappear faster than that Borg baby from Voyager. If the skies were ever clear, you'd be able to see a sunrise and sunset in the span of 60 mins, give or take, depending on the season. So I guess the aliens were mostly clocking off and then right back in, one hour on, one hour off; mostly.
I'm not sure if that makes them lazy or overworked, but either way, I can see why they'd be cranky.

And what the hell did calendars on Hadley's Hope look like?

Three-hundred-sixty days hath September,
April, June, and November,
All the rest have three-hundred-seventy-two,
But February's three-hundred-thirty-six,
The LEAP YEAR, which comes once in four,
Gives February twelve days more!

Maybe waiting 17 days for a rescue ship wasn't really as bad as it sounds.

Russ840

https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Alien

So issue 4's cover and release date is on Dark Horse's website. Not sure how this is going to work.  The release date is Nov 4th.

Well the Hardcover is released on Dec 2nd so....... when is issue 5 going to release ?

Corporal Hicks

Only listened to the first half, but seems like a cool dude!

SM

Quote from: Rambo on Aug 11, 2020, 02:09:13 AM
Did anyone else catch the part where the planetoid has a diameter of 120km (1% of Earth) but a gravity of 86% of Earth? Was that pulled directly from the original script before any science advisors made their recommended edits? Even if it was solid metal, I don't think you'd close the gap on that one.

Admittedly blending more real-world thought than I should.

The 120km is indeed being faithful to the script.

shazam

"The alien is loose aboard the ship, with every attempt at eradicating it proving more deadly. As the creature reveals its true form, the crew discovers a horrifying new development."

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3005-498/Alien-The-Original-Screenplay-4

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/3007-460/Alien-The-Original-Screenplay-4-Walter-Simonson-Dave-Stewart-Variant-Cover

Russ840

Russ840

Already posted the link to that info a couple of posts up

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 21, 2020, 08:21:11 AM
https://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Alien

So issue 4's cover and release date is on Dark Horse's website. Not sure how this is going to work.  The release date is Nov 4th.

Well the Hardcover is released on Dec 2nd so....... when is issue 5 going to release ?

Imagine if you have to purchase the hardcover to finish the story... :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed