Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,151 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I do want to see it, but I also want to be able to respond to it.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 13, 2024, 12:08:23 AMI do want to see it, but I also want to be able to respond to it.

Just content yourself with spreading the gospel.

SM

SM

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 12, 2024, 11:15:58 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 12, 2024, 10:28:07 PMI don't think using flashy thumbnails or "EXPLAINED" or other sensationalism crap is good. That is what clickbaiters (and plagiarists) like to use. Best keep title and thumbnail to be exactly what is in the video. That way it is honest and right to the point.

Weirdly, there are psychological reasons why that works. In the process of setting up content for my own channel, I've been breezing through what professionals advise and a big one is to use a juxtaposition of two conflicting words/phrases, then a 'HERE'S WHY' or 'EXPLAINED' thing.

It's horridly shallow, but it triggers part of the brain which leads to clicks from randoms. Can't say I'm a fan, but the numbers support it.

People like to see how crazy, extreme stances can be justified, basically. Or at least made sense of.

"What do you mean, X equals Y?! Oh, I have got to see this train wreck..."

I would never consider 'EXPLAINED!'  It's beyond parody.  If people watch my stuff and dig it (or not) - great. If they don't, they don't. No big deal. It's just me talking about a bunch of films I like in my spare time.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

SM

SM

It's interesting responding to comments on Youtube that despite laying out the case pretty plainly, many people still insist 'the Company knew everything and the colony was setup on purpose to get the Aliens'.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2024, 02:57:43 AMIt's interesting responding to comments on Youtube that despite laying out the case pretty plainly, many people still insist 'the Company knew everything and the colony was setup on purpose to get the Aliens'.
They must have played Alien Trilogy.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2024, 02:57:43 AMIt's interesting responding to comments on Youtube that despite laying out the case pretty plainly, many people still insist 'the Company knew everything and the colony was setup on purpose to get the Aliens'.

I could almost hear you sighing with every reply.

Have you seen a significant bump in subscriptions?

SM

SM

130 in the last month, most of which in the last 10 days.  Rookie numbers prolly, but decent for my piddly little channel.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Ever thought of including a link to here in your videos so we can get some fresh meat?  Somewhere out there is the next ralfy.

SM

SM

I think that's entirely unnecessary.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

You're welcome to post them on Xenopedia as either a blog or part of your profile etc. You could also post it in the discussion section, though that area is a bit of a mess, it gets overcrowed with a lot of silly stuff. But more people do seem to post there so I guess its double edged.

SM

SM

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2024, 05:54:41 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgn3DUErRMk

Hey mate are you happy to clear up some DM space? I was hoping to speak to you privately about something.

SM

SM

I got like 496 messages. That might take some time. I thought getting it sub 500 would free it up but it needs to be sub 100 I think.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2024, 07:13:00 AMI think that's entirely unnecessary.

I just checked that video again and it's up to 44k views now, but I've seen some troubling comments:

Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed