The Role-Playing Narrative Thread

Started by Dovahkiin, Oct 10, 2013, 09:53:00 PM

Do the RP here or in another, seperate forum?

Here at AvPGalaxy
In a seperate forum
Author
The Role-Playing Narrative Thread (Read 12,145 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Alright, everyone! This is the role-playing thread (As if you didn't get that from the title.) This is the thread for members to set up their own narrative and play it out together. Before we begin, here are some rules.

1. Everyone is allowed to join. Everyone. I don't care who you are. But when you join, before you get into the story, you have to state your character. Who he/she is, what they can do, and what their goal is is fine, as well as a picture if you have one.

2. Absolutely no God RPing. No one in this narrative is going to be invincible or all-powerful, which brings me to the next one...

3. Characters can be killed off. If a character has been jack-knifed into submission, and they have nowhere to go and no more options, that character can be killed. There will absolutely be no nonsensical out-of-left field excuses. i.e.- OH, LITTLE DID YOU KNOW, I SET A TRAP, SO YOU'RE ACTUALLY DEAD AND NOT ME! Likewise, characters can be saved by their allies if their ally gets there in time. It really comes down to who posts first.

3. Deaths cannot be completely random. i.e- Dovahkiin shoots *member* in the face.

4. If your character is killed, you must accept the defeat gracefully. Don't get angry and don't start trolling. You can join at a different point with a different character.

5. Your character must do his/her own fighting. No calling in support that you made up by yourself.

Posting in this thread means that you accept these rules and choose to follow them. If you fail to follow any of these rules, you will be reported by me, and hopefully everyone else involved with the narrative.

If this goes right, we could have a very fun, witty and coherent adventure and not just a bunch of stupid nonsensical power-plays.

Now that all the boring stuff is out of the way, before we establish our characters, why don't we call a vote for the location?

I'm feeling a hostile world, full of monstrous creatures and harsh conditions. A bit like pandora from Avatar, but with different climates as well, such as arctic, tropical and desert. I also like the idea of the narrative being set in a very large SCP Foundation facility. But you know, we should vote on it.

Space Sweeper

Now that's how you do it.

My two cents, it should just be an open galaxy as a setting. A bunch of planets, space battles, accommodates sci-fi and fantasty, all that.

Dovahkiin

Uh huh, uh huh, liking it. That gets my vote.

Aspie

Aspie

we need a short trial run to iron out any kinks

Space Sweeper

Yeah, to at least get a feel for how it'll all go down in future runs. Once everybody agrees on a setting and chooses a character (preferably giving them a profile with abilities, age, image, backstory, context, all that), we'll try it out.

Dovahkiin

Well, are we going to start establishing characters?

Space Sweeper

I've got mine, I'll just let everybody choose theirs first.

Dovahkiin

Alright, then...I guess this is mine:

Alpha Series Big Daddy: Subject Gamma

Abilities: Enhanced strength, resistance to damage, various Plasmids.
Weapons: Drill, Rivet Gun, Machine Gun and Rocket Launcher
Plasmids: Electrobolt, Incinerate!, Telekinesis and Winter Blast
Backstory: Similar to Subject Delta of BioShock 2, Subject Gamma is an Alpha Series Big Daddy who has lost contact with his Little Sister, who he knows to be still alive. He searches for her aimlessly, graciously accepting anyone who wishes to assist him and engaging anyone who stands in his way with extreme prejudice.

*I'm only using this because I've already used it in the pillowfighting thread previously.

Cal427eb

This... could work? Hopefully?

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Question: Do we have to be a living, breathing creature?

Or more accurately, can I be a Jet Plane?

Dovahkiin

I think we should stick to sentient living creatures.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

Oh...   :(

Charles Xavier

Charles Xavier

Continuing from where Dovah left off on the Pillowfight thread...

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Oct 10, 2013, 05:04:10 PM
*Dovahkiin lifts Terx2's unconscious body back up onto his shoulder and moves toward the elevator.*

Our heroes continue up the elevator. After passing the 105th floor without any more encounters, the elevator takes them further up through a glass transparent tube, leading up to the last floor where Dr. Strangefate and the last horde of his minions await.

Sarah looks down upon the warfare still raging on land, sea and air. Skystrikers and Rattlers continue battling the Iron Patriots. One Rattler explodes near the elevator, causing it to vibrate. Then soon after, the elevator comes to an abrupt halt.

Our heroes are only a few feet away from the last door. But then, several aerial Decepticons swoop in for the kill.

Spoiler

Octane

Thunderwing

Starscream

Cyclonus

Sunstorm

[close]

Our heroes are forced to duck for cover when Thunderwing fires menacingly and shatters the glass around the elevator, exposing them to the air and cold wind.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Why not finish it in the pillowfight thread...?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed