Who would win? Bare naked Predator vs. Xenomorph?

Started by StayFrosty, Nov 08, 2011, 09:37:23 AM

Who would win? Bare naked Predator vs. Xenomorph?

Predator
7 (25%)
Xenomorph
14 (50%)
Outcome would depend on strength of each specimen
7 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author
Who would win? Bare naked Predator vs. Xenomorph? (Read 12,717 times)

Predator Queen

I think it depends on the Predator, I know its not cannon but I think wolf could win against a xeno bare naked... the guy picked up two with his bare hands...

StayFrosty

Well.. I didn't entirely mean a literally naked Predator. I just mean that the Predator would have no armor, weapons, etc. Nothing to give it an advantage except for its natural body.

Predator Queen

The title of this thread says Bare naked Predator, do you think people really thought just a Predator with no amorr or wepons?

StayFrosty

Quote from: Predator Queen on Nov 09, 2011, 04:40:42 AM
The title of this thread says Bare naked Predator, do you think people really thought just a Predator with no amorr or wepons?

I just wanted to convey my general concept in a short amount of time without going into this big explanation. Chances are if a Predator was in this type of situation, it would be pretty much naked, any way.

Look what I said in my original post:

QuoteSo basically I was just thinking to myself that typically a Predator can kill an Alien will no problem. But what if the Predator was basically naked? The Predator has no weapons, spears, nothing. It's an animalistic fight to the death.

Predator Queen

That did not stop the idea of a butt naked predator 3 posts later

StayFrosty

Quote from: Predator Queen on Nov 09, 2011, 05:08:15 AM
That did not stop the idea of a butt naked predator 3 posts later

I'm not gay, but for some reason I think it would be cool/fun/funny to see a bare naked Predator fight a bare naked Worf from Star Trek.

I don't need to see the genitals though.... but be interesting to see what a Predator's privates look like. Klingon prob looks the same as humans.

fry1236

I think it depends on the predator......but if it was an elder I think he would defiantly win  8) (it would be AWESOME to see, Elder predator vs Queen Alien)

Stalker

Quote from: SM on Nov 08, 2011, 10:03:41 PM
Predator goes down in less than 10 seconds into the first round.

I don't think you're giving the Predator enough credit here. Celtic, an inexperienced 'teenager' managed to fend off Grid virtually unarmed, so an expert would probably have a good chance of winning.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Nov 09, 2011, 04:11:15 AM
I think it depends on the Predator, I know its not cannon but I think wolf could win against a xeno bare naked... the guy picked up two with his bare hands...

Who says it's not canon? That's down to personal interpretation.

StayFrosty

Celtic was the main Predator in AVP, right? The one who went off with the main character chick?

What makes you think he was a teenager and inexperienced? Is there info on this?

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: StayFrosty on Nov 09, 2011, 11:32:22 AM
Celtic was the main Predator in AVP, right? The one who went off with the main character chick?

What makes you think he was a teenager and inexperienced? Is there info on this?

No that was Scar. Celtic was the Predator with the tribal mask who had the first fight scene with an Alien in the movie. He easily matched the Xenomorph in strength, fighting primarily bare handed he gained the upper hand & even managed to smash the creature through thick stone pillars. He was killed when the Xeno (henceforth known as 'Grid') broke free from his net & head-bit him.

It's also been a firmly established fact for years that the Preds in the first AvP were only youngsters. The whole point of the movie was that they had to kill their first Alien to prove themselves 'men' in their society. There's even a deleted scene where Lex refers to them as 'teenagers'.

Hive Tyrant

Completely naked, the Predator wouldn't even be able to see the xenomorph. Wrong spectrum of light. The xenomorph would tear him apart.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

QuoteIt's also been a firmly established fact for years that the Preds in the first AvP were only youngsters. The whole point of the movie was that they had to kill their first Alien to prove themselves 'men' in their society. There's even a deleted scene where Lex refers to them as 'teenagers'.

Oh ok. I'm sorry, but I don't care much for Alien vs. Predator, and Predators in general. So I'm not familiar with that sort of thing.

Can you tell me what exactly established the Preds in AVP as youngsters? I don't remember it being referenced in the movie, though I may be wrong.

QuoteCompletely naked, the Predator wouldn't even be able to see the xenomorph. Wrong spectrum of light. The xenomorph would tear him apart.

Why is it the Predators can't see without their technology? Or is it just that they come from such a different planet/galaxy that they aren't used to the physics of planets within our galaxy? Errr, maybe that doesn't make sense. But why is it they need the technology to see properly? Can they see properly on their own planet without the mask?

Also, in the first Predator film, wasn't the Predator able to fight with Dutch without his mask on?

Sorry, I haven't seen the Predator films in ages, and I haven't played close attention to AVP, and haven't really seen AVPR. I don't know much about the Predators. I haven't even seen a wink of the PREDATORS film.

chupacabras acheronsis

Predators see in InfraRed spectrum. they see heat sources and emisions.

Aliens do not show up in infrared. they are cold creatures.

StayFrosty

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Nov 09, 2011, 04:56:23 PM
Predators see in InfraRed spectrum. they see heat sources and emisions.

Aliens do not show up in infrared. they are cold creatures.

Ok, but I'm confused. I still have a bunch of questions, same as what I brought up in my last post.

Do the Predators see infrared with the masks on? Or with the masks off? Do the masks add some special sight to them? Or, are they simply blind without the masks? If so, what's the point in them having eyes?

Why are Predators like this? Is this how their sight is on their own planet? Or are their eyes simply flawed, thus they had to create technology for better sight?

chupacabras acheronsis

they see just fine in their natural conditions, which are much hotter and humid than ours. the masks only regulate and enhace the view in less optimal conditions, that's why the predator had worse vision without the mask. his eyes weren't adapted to earth temperature and atmospheric conditions.

like how we can't see in the dark at all unlike some animals, yet we use night vision technology to increase the light input of an image(or Gamma) then put it through a scope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed