Things Introduced to You By Other Members

Started by Space Sweeper, Nov 17, 2010, 10:53:40 PM

Author
Things Introduced to You By Other Members (Read 13,291 times)

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Well Bsg by sweeps though I was already thinking about it. I wasn't even worried if I would like it. I was more worried about watching it in the right order.

Well I got into some artists like arcade fire threw keg but I had already heard a few of there songs. He also reminded me subconsciously the I needs to rekindle my love with daft punk.

I dunno if there's ought else.

I know I got shobidoo into Mumford and sons and space marines into the good the bad and the queen (who I also think sweep will like to)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 05, 2011, 11:18:03 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 05, 2011, 11:12:32 PM
First Blood brought Stargate Universe to my attention. f**k Yea.

Space Sweeper brought BSG to my attention. And its f**king glorious.

Spoiler
Watched The Farm & Home Part 1 last night. Starbuck loves to sleep around with other guys huh?  :D Also loved the resistance movement, the Caprica Buccaneers. Anders seemed pretty badass.
[close]
He is- especially in Season 3.

Hey, what did you think of Baltar's visit to Boomer in the crew quarters? If you ask me, that was the most brilliant scene of season 1. I'm guessing that your favorite episode of the first season was The Hand of God? The ending made me literally go "YES!" and I couldn't wipe this dumb smile off my face.

Kara hugs Roslin
Roslin: "Oh...!"
Kara backs off, smiling.
Starbuck: "Sorry, Madam President, I'm sorry."
Roslin: "No need to apologize, Lieutenant. Thanks to you, we have enough fuel to last us a few years."
Roslin slowly hugs Kara back.

Goddamnit, that was an amazing scene. I heard that final hug was improvised by Mary McDonnell- those are some fantastic instincts.

First Blood

One of the scenes I loved was when Baltar went to Adama. Number Six told him to say that he needed a nuclear warhead.

Baltar: I need a nuclear...*pauses to look at number six*...warhead. - thought that was brilliant.

Hand of God was great. The assault on the astroid had me clapping it was so damn good. The song at the end...must find it.

I am also curious to find out who the other 8 Cylons are amoung the fleet that Boomer mentioned. Hell Baltar was nuts almost killing Chief to get the information from her.  :o

And Season 1's finale was one of the best tv finales I've seen in a long time. My jaw was on the floor!

ShadowPred

I don't know.

Sharp Sticks

Sweet, sweet love.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Jan 05, 2011, 11:39:05 PM
I am also curious to find out who the other 8 Cylons are amoung the fleet that Boomer mentioned. Hell Baltar was nuts almost killing Chief to get the information from her.  :o
That was one of his most villainous moments in the show. That was his mad doctor episode for sure. I'll never forget the lighting on his glasses when he pushed Cally against the bulkhead.  :o

Ghost Rider

PBA reintroduced me to Battlefront.

Predator Queen

Sweeper got me a bit into Dexter but not enought to be a huge fan like he is XD

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 06, 2011, 02:24:27 AM
Sweeper got me a bit into Dexter but not enought to be a huge fan like he is XD
Glad to see you've liked what you've seen.  :)

Purebreedalien

Sweeper got me into Dexter, and I'm addicted. Although now school has started again I need to find time to watch the next couple of discs in Season 2. :D

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Nov 17, 2010, 10:53:40 PM
There have been some very great things I've had introduced to me by fellow Galaxiers, and a lot of people have shared their favorite things, spreading them like a disease. The good(?) kind.

Name a few things you've been introduced to.

Some of mine:

-Ender's Game- AvatarIII (thank you so fu*king much for the recommendation!)

-Moon (Soundtrack/inspiration to see the movie)- SpaceMarines

-Specified Name Generator- Drago-Morph (without that I wouldn't have fallen upon the eventual result of Juliana Emerson)

-Help narrowing down 'Fatale' lead name- AvatarIII [Click]

There's probably a bunch more, but I'll just update later as I remember.

oh cool, i didn't realise i was the one who recommended ender's game to you ;D glad you liked it!

i appreciate you going on about Mass Effect, if you hadn't i might not have even known about it coming out on PS3

AliceApocalypse

Face Hugger Cake from Purebred Alien. 

Nope

Well i'v been introduced to ALOT of things here but i'd say the two people who introduced me to alot of my favorite movies, bands, ect. were SpaceMarines and First Blood. <3

The PredBen

Not sure.

Nobody in particular got me into anything, but I know Puks enlightened me once, on something to do with the difference between Death Metal, Black Metal and Grindcore.

And got me Death Metal ( to a small degree.)

Nightmare Asylum

OmegaZilla introduced me into the awesome phrase shobishobishobishobi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed